The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop With That Stupid Damage Cap.

Vance.Stubbs

For how long will you continue slaughtering sniper rifles and shotguns, DE? 

First Nulifiers, then Manics, then Juggernaut. Why should I bring high-damage single shot weapons, when I can't just kill an enemy, even when I do enough damage due to that damage cap. That makes high-dps full auto weapons more effective vs BOTH trash mobs and elite ones.

Seriously, please remove damage cap at all, or at least for snipers and shotgun weapons.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

Shotguns are actually very effective considering the damage cap applies only to every pellet, not the whole shot itself. But yes, it makes high damage single shot weapons even more useless.

I have full Primed PB + all the fire damage mods on my HEK for that sweet Ember Accelerant one-shotting and I still can't kill  a low level manic in one shot. So, yeah.

Its called "balance"

"Balance" of what? Making one weapon category completely superior to another?

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

They should stop using cheap tricks, and start actually balance enemies and weapons.

Its called "balance"

-30% DPS to Boltor Prime called "balance".

Damage cap, phases and over stuff called "gimmicks".

I have full Primed PB + all the fire damage mods on my HEK for that sweet Ember Accelerant one-shotting and I still can't kill  a low level manic in one shot. So, yeah.

"Balance" of what? Making one weapon category completely superior to another?

You don't one shot manic's.

Its called "balance"

Not this weak argument again. What you refer to as "Balance" is for PvP multiplayer games / modes, not PvE multiplayer games / modes and last I checked, this game was primarily based around PvE.

Edited by MirageKnight

You don't one shot manic's.

Because you said so? Again, then what's the point of heavy-hitting weapons when they just don't do their work? I'd rather use Boltor Prime or Soma Prime like a MLG player be more effective at everything.

Yeah, per hit damage cap is silly for this very reason.

If you insist on having a cap then make it maximum damage taken per opening... aka every time that weakspot opens it can take X amount of damage and then make that cap a bit higher.

Not this weak argument again. What you refer to as "Balance" is for PvP multiplayer games / modes, not PvE multiplayer games / modes and last I checked, this game was primarily based around PvE.

Its also called "sarcasm"

I don't understand why DE hates slow single shot weapons.

Maybe they thought it would be OP if you could oneshot certain enemies.

So they "balanced" heavy hitting weapons with a damage cap.

Man gotta love those whiners.

Push # to win, OP weapons, OP warframes, once you put together some ennemies to give "challenge" everybody come back ramming beating on a dead horse...

That's what the community asked! and that's what we get, the juggernaut. if you're not happy with him, take a mesa use peacemaker and be done with it... you just forgot what his purpose was. 

Push # to win, OP weapons, OP warframes, once you put together some ennemies to give "challenge" everybody come back ramming beating on a dead horse...

That's what the community asked! and that's what we get, the juggernaut. if you're not happy with him, take a mesa use peacemaker and be done with it... you just forgot what his purpose was. 

I understand that your parents didn't bother with your education so you can't read or even undestand basic texts properly, but I will have to explain one more time for just you.

I didn't say anything about "OP" weapons and warframe usage, I said that damage caps are limiting gameplay for already almost non-existent weapons in the game. Those caps are one of the main reasons of current meta (overused high-dps weapons like Soma Prime or Boltor Prime) and bring nothing to the gameplay at all. If I am building my gear for extreme high burst DPS, sacrificing my over-all DPS, I should be rewarded for that. It worked in every single PvE RPG\Shooter I played and it has nothing to do with "OP" stuff in this game that sets your &#! on fire. (Also love the irony in your post: calling me a whiner when whining about OP weapons/power in the game. Hypocrisy and human stupidity at it's finest :) )

Look, if some of you do not understand why single bullet damage cap is a bad idea you need to reharse your balance conviction.

Landing a Tonkor grenade into its opening spines while avoiding fire and mobs and only dealing 1500 damage while Soma's bullet crit for 600 and i can shove at least 8 of them in it's freaking stupid.

I understand that your parents didn't bother with your education so you can't read or even undestand basic texts properly, but I will have to explain one more time for just you.

I didn't say anything about "OP" weapons and warframe usage, I said that damage caps are limiting gameplay for already almost non-existent weapons in the game. Those caps are one of the main reasons of current meta (overused high-dps weapons like Soma Prime or Boltor Prime) and bring nothing to the gameplay at all. If I am building my gear for extreme high burst DPS, sacrificing my over-all DPS, I should be rewarded for that. It worked in every single PvE RPG\Shooter I played and it has nothing to do with "OP" stuff in this game that sets your ! on fire. (Also love the irony in your post: calling me a whiner when whining about OP weapons/power in the game. Hypocrisy and human stupidity at it's finest :) )

Well excuse me,

Your words and i quote:

I can't just kill an enemy

high-dps full auto weapons more effective vs BOTH trash mobs and elite ones.

And here, my friend it is to my understanding that you see that your weapons are not working as they "should" so you are posting a topic on it.

And another thing i will explain to you what the juggernaut is:

It is an early introduction to diminishing returns and armor weakspots, unless you know what those are about, you would have changed opinion on the matter.

Well excuse me,

Your words and i quote:

I can't just kill an enemy

high-dps full auto weapons more effective vs BOTH trash mobs and elite ones.

And here, my friend it is to my understanding that you see that your weapons are not working as they "should" so you are posting a topic on it.

And another thing i will explain to you what the juggernaut is:

It is an early introduction to diminishing returns and armor weakspots, unless you know what those are about, you would have changed opinion on the matter.

Plot twist: juggers weakspots have the same damage caps, and it's more effective to use high-dps weapons to damage them. That guy nailed it:

Look, if some of you do not understand why single bullet damage cap is a bad idea you need to reharse your balance conviction.

Landing a Tonkor grenade into its opening spines while avoiding fire and mobs and only dealing 1500 damage while Soma's bullet crit for 600 and i can shove at least 8 of them in it's freaking stupid.

Plot twist: juggers weakspots have the same damage caps, and it's more effective to use high-dps weapons to damage them. That guy nailed it:

And? where is the problem? using a specific weapon angainst a specific ennemy? You are mixing 2 probrems altogether

First, the snipers and Shtoguns balance is one thing.

second all ennemies like bursas, nullifiers and juggernaut are a solution to another problem.

I understood that you love shotguns and snipers, and i'm sorry cause they are in a tight spot, the devs did not take a look to them yet.

But saying that damage cap is bad, that i can't let this one pass, warframe need it.

People want a challenge, but when you give it to them they whine about it being challenging. It's really weird.

And? where is the problem? using a specific weapon angainst a specific ennemy? You are mixing 2 probrems altogether

First, the snipers and Shtoguns balance is one thing.

second all ennemies like bursas, nullifiers and juggernaut are a solution to another problem.

I understood that you love shotguns and snipers, and i'm sorry cause they are in a tight spot, the devs did not take a look to them yet.

But saying that damage cap is bad, that i can't let this one pass, warframe need it.

The problem is that those specific weapons can not fill the role of what they were designed for. Right now, I am talking about general game balance/design phylosophy; let's look at some very popular examples: Borderlands and Fallout (since 3). Those game have pretty simillar weapon types and overall weapon design to Warframe, but with one exception: you could stack buffs/ammo/etc to be a one-shot killing machine, capable of dispatching heavy enemies quite good, but with a big trade off: you were not effective vs regular mobs, which can possible swarm and outgun you, unless you change your weapon.

This is NOT working in Waframe. In Waframe, all you have to do is grab a DPS King (like Boltor Prime) and just spray. Which leads to you being more effective vs trash mobs (like it should be), meanwhile again, more effective vs heavies\elites because the damage cap is preventing snipers\shotties from unleashing their potential: high damage per shot.

I hope you get it now?

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Rudeness