The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Clan Weapons Are Sh!**t

TopSpeed

Steve said in one of the Devstreams, when asked about mods like: Constitution, Diamond Skin, or Ammo Conversion mods; that they like to give players "options" when it comes to fixing the issues.

I like to call DE's approach to balance "optional".

They won't fix the ammo system, they'll release an optional mod that removes the issue.

They won't address the scaling issues, they'll release "primed" mods that let the players scale even harder.

They won't address weapon balance issues, they'll just keep pumping newer, stronger, weapons until you like one of those better.

Got a problem with a specific piece of gear? Have an exclusive, optional, syndicate mod that helps a bit.

Etc, etc, you get the idea.

Here we are, introducing brand new "Bandaid 2.0" system, with even more extremely niche (useless) mods to fulfill all your needs.

Go and get your damaged Intruder mod right now and you'll get a free damaged Diamond Skin.

Here we are, introducing brand new "Bandaid 2.0" system, with even more extremely niche (useless) mods to fulfill all your needs.

Go and get your damaged Intruder mod right now and you'll get a free damaged Diamond Skin.

Salt in wounds.....Damaged (aka Starter mods) worst addition to this game.

New players waste fusion on worthless mods...but they don't know any better until they find out those were worthless mods. (Giving a starter boost of better fusion efficiency ...now that would have been worthwhile to assist new players with ranking stuff up) *Halved fusion requirement which would also lower fusion cost...)

I may be inclined to purchase Fusion Efficiency boosters with Plat....(If we get some new Legendary Mods that are worthwhile)

Supra is the exception to the rule.  Amprex, Synapse, Torid, and the vast majority of other Clantech equipment has very strong potential when modded properly.  Sure, they aren't always endgame, but the whole point of Clantech is for those gimmicky weapons that are more about being fun to use rather than for plowing stuff down as some other folks have mentioned.

Your post is horrible, and incredibly shallow in it's understanding of how the mod system ties into progression.

Your ideas, based on that flawed understanding, are horrible, and would certainly do more damage than good.

You also take no consideration for damage control that'd have to be applied with any changes, especially ones of the scope you present.

Overall I'd rate it -2/10, as it uses way too many letters for the type of drivel it contains.

You are certainly "no mere mortal", but that's not meant as a compliment.

Torid is also one of the better weapons IF used properly, dual ichors and Opticor and Nikana ( since you need regular to upgrade to the D ) are good weapons.

However I do agree that clantech weapons should have been better, atleast they could give some of the less impressive weapons 2 polarities or something, It is a bit strange that some of the weapons cost a lot of resources and even some of them demands a decently high mastery rank compared to other non clan weapons.

i know there are good clan weapons but the bad one are so bad and you use forma to build them, we have to have a buff for Dera,Flux,Lanka,Prova,Serro,Spectra,Spectra,Supra,Dual Cestra,Mutalist Quanta,Paracyst,Buzlok,Ignis

i update the post

Nah doubling wont help, i think that it require the same speed of projectiles like detron/mara.

Double would put up close to Dera's flight speed, and dera shots are pretty manageable and easy to aim in my experience.  I suppose you could triple it, but then dera flight speed would need buffed as well.

More importantly, with doubled flight speed the projectiles would be slightly faster than boltor prime.  Perhaps doubling the flight speed and adding around 10 damage per shot would make it a sidegrade to the boltor prime.

Edited by Holeypaladin

I psoted a similar topic when Soma (normal) was the best weapon in the game ....... even if the Synapse took more time to build, more materials, more mastery to use it.....

So I underst6and your pain .... but DE doesn't care about balance.

Your post is horrible, and incredibly shallow in it's understanding of how the mod system ties into progression.

Your ideas, based on that flawed understanding, are horrible, and would certainly do more damage than good.

You also take no consideration for damage control that'd have to be applied with any changes, especially ones of the scope you present.

Overall I'd rate it -2/10, as it uses way too many letters for the type of drivel it contains.

You are certainly "no mere mortal", but that's not meant as a compliment.

He says, without actually commenting on any of the ideas presented, or giving any sort of feedback as to how you would like to see it changed.

Direct Damage increasing mods (both like Serration and elementals) are a hazard to "progression" in the game. You can, for example, max those mods before accomplishing anything else. Or trade for them. How is that any progression?

The ideas I presented offers progression through learning to adapt to enemy weaknesses. You can't just stack damage mods together and say you've "progressed" because your weapon does more damage now, so you must be better at the game than you were before.

You would actually have to learn enemy weaknesses and resistances (A use for the scanner or, alternatively, the wikia) to mod your weapons for increased damage against enemies.

And progression would come from base weapon damage increases as you unlocked better weapons.

What we have now is:

-Player makes an account, goes through Vor's Prize

-Someone tells player to get <Insert decent/good weapon>

-Player goes into void missions to get parts for said weapon

<OPTIONAL -Squad rage quits because low mastery rank player with starter weapons>

-Eventually player gets weapon

-Immediately outclasses most weapons for DPS output

"Progression."

The Serro, Lanka and Flux rifle are (in my opinion) totally fine, the others mentioned in the OP are pretty terrible though. The flux is basically a hitscan status cannon, the serro is a poor mans bo prime and the lanka is basically a shock proccing sniper shotgun.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

Hello Tenno 

I love the Supra the look the sound and the mechanic But i dont love the Reload time Recoil Aiming and Low damage 

how come Weapons in the Dojo that need Forma + rank should be so bad ! ?

i think end game weapons in the Dojo need to be buff, i cant stand the soma Boltor run any more, we have so many Weapons nice looking and fun to use but they are so bad ! 

they only in the inventory for Collectors or for later if they needed to build Oder bad weapon that need them (what up with that !?)

HERE ARE THE LIST (is my list you can feel free to not agree with me)

Need A bad Buff to be some thing:

Energy: Dera,Flux,Lanka,Prova,Serro,Spectra,Spectra,Supra,Dual Cestra

Bio: Mutalist Quanta,Paracyst

Chem: Buzlok,Ignis(so bad now)

Thx for Reading and Commenting 

Serro is bad?

Zcx61ZU.jpg

No. No it isn't.

and the Grinlok is perfectly fine where it is.

grinlok + Serro are mine. No touch.

Serro may not have the Powercreep of Tonbo, but Viral +Electric is a great CC.

Also the best Quick-melee in the game goes to Polearms (Run and Slash mobility while still being able to shoot and Serro's CC is favored for reloads)

Bo-Prime's Quick-melee doesn't match Polearms

Polearms with Max Primed Reach (when melee reach isn't bugged) makes melee easy mode

(Admittedly I run 3-Forma Serro with no Stance mod as both stances increase stamina making the the Run'n'Slash quick-melee less useful)

Dera and Flux do need a buff, Lanka is sniper primary and thus will always be inferior to Vaykor Marelok. Prova is a machete, enough said. Serro is easiest to mod polearm for procs, Spectra is crap, Surpa is fine once you slap a forma on it (or 3 for endgame viability), Dual Cestra is trash since you can get Perrin's superior version. 

Mutalist Quanta is fine, Paracyst needs to be completely reworked, it is such utter garbage in comparison to anything 

Chem: Buzlok,Ignis(so bad now)

Buzlok is a gimmick weapon, Ignis was made invalid by Amprex, which was made uber invalid by Atomos.

Embolist is fine with syndicate mod, Grinlok is useless due to Vaykor Marelok, Jat Kittag can ragdoll anything non-boss (ground smash for hilarity), Dual Raza is just mastery fodder (along with AkSomati). 

Other than that though, Torid is ungodly with Mirage (just like the Tonkor), Opticor is best primary sniper rifle, Castanas are trash (thanks to ammo nerf), Akstilleto are awesome, Nami Skyla is crap, Pyrana is crap, Venka is crap that ruined so much hype, Attica is crap, Dual Ichor and Scoliac are awesome, Synapse used to be good but is now a dust collector, Phage is best hallway cleaning shotty. All of these are my opinion, for better or worse. 

Why is Venka so Awful? :( It's based on Wolverine's claws... it should be one of the fastest and most awesome weapons in the game. I see no logic in allowing it to be this weak and useless. Someone in DE needs to go play Zhang He in the latest Dynasty Warriors and just copy pasta or something. :(

Edited by Wolfdoge

When I was your age, Acrid was the best weapon in the game.

So they've had their time, and there's way too many clans with full unlocks now for clan items to be considered really restrictive enough to have them be top tier. I don't really like weapons being tiered like that, but if that's the way they want to balance it clan items are probably in an acceptable spot.

They got powercreeped.  Weapons should be more like them, instead of DPS through the roof ever more with each new release.  

I like how people learn word "powercreep" and don't know when to use it. More than a half of research weapons were never even good to begin with. Sutiation became worse after Damage 2.0 when DE just abandoned reworked weapons in unusable state.

I like how people learn word "powercreep" and don't know when to use it. More than a half of research weapons were never even good to begin with. Sutiation became worse after Damage 2.0 when DE just abandoned reworked weapons in unusable state.

They never needed to be "good."  They were quirky, exotic weapons that most people didn't appreciate (not enough deeps) but some people loved.  They were and still are perfectly viable when all mod slots are utilized.