Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Teleport: How It Should Also Be A True Travel Power For Next Movement 2.0

(PSN)TrollyThyTrinity

İf it were to cost VERY few energy or hopefully none at all bunch of people would use Ash for mobility reasons in the upcoming update and Ash Prime wouldn't be a collect and archive frame like some of the previous ones are. I would regular Ash Prime just for his mobility utility if this thread would make it in game.

I honestly like the way its setup right now. When I first tried it I felt the same way you do but after using him a lot the current way makes a lot more sense. Ash should not be some magician that can just teleport from location to location, he is instead the purest ninja in warframe and having him sneak upon his enemies makes more sense. 

Dont be a spoiler, Bladestorm not Magician enough for You? 

He summons 2 clones and Teleports all over the place in a Ninja Clan Assault Frenzy 

Makes me wonder are Ash clones his Clansmen or just Shadow Clones like Naruto? xD

Idk what you mean with mixing teleport with smke screen, can you elaborate on that? 

Btw what about Free-Aimed Blink teleport? 

Shorter range an low energy cost for the free-aimed but dnt remove Targeted teleport for hunting enemies down and Finisher kills.

bink teleport would be good i was thinking  that range mods gave it a decent distance to go wall to wall, but the range shorten by like a narrow minded would support the blink and it would make ash  Versatile on any current and Future tileset

bink teleport would be good i was thinking  that range mods gave it a decent distance to go wall to wall, but the range shorten by like a narrow minded would support the blink and it would make ash  Versatile on any current and Future tileset

Idk what you mean with mixing teleport with smke screen, can you elaborate on that? 

Btw what about Free-Aimed Blink teleport? 

Shorter range an low energy cost for the free-aimed but dnt remove Targeted teleport for hunting enemies down and Finisher kills.

what i mean was the combination of using the teleport while using smoke screen

Hey guys,

could you pls take a look at my ideas?

I took me much time to test and think about how ash could be improved without "losing" our beloved Ash.

And i mixed other players ideas into this thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/484837-realistc-tweaks-and-rework-for-ash/

i only really care about his travel ability his augments makes him a even more beast, im just saying traveling from enemy to enemy and to  is not a real  travel ability besides there looking into it already 

Teleport is pretty Much Str8 Forward no pun intended.

you teleport to an enemy, defense module, ally and thats pretty much it

seeing how now you can stay on walls, it think it would be cool

if ash can teleport to the wall in that motion 

it can make an awesome  travel ability

Almost posted an idea like this but I am glad I found this.

My idea:

let him be able to teleport to a wall or ceiling, and stand there...

Imagine the mobility and strategic opportunities!

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

Almost posted an idea like this but I am glad I found this.

My idea:

let him be able to teleport to a wall or ceiling, and stand there...

Imagine the mobility and strategic opportunities!

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

yea the showed wall latching on dev stream and looks like any warframe can do it , it would make sense that ash can teleport to it 

Keep in mind that a free aim Teleport would give Ash higher mobility than Zephyr, who was designed to have the highest mobility of any warframe. Teleport has always been an assassin's tool, not a way to ruin other mobility warframes. Buffing Zephyr also wouldn't be an option, because if Teleport was free aim, it would be completely impossible for any frame to have higher mobility.

The only situation in which a free aim Teleport could possibly work is if it was only free aim in a specific situation that didn't come up very often. An idea I had was to make it free aim very briefly after teleporting to an enemy and performing a finisher on them. This would make it an escape tool rather than a Zephyr ruiner.

If Ash was simply given a free aim Teleport, the damage would be quite severe, especially to Zephyr. I see so many people requesting a free aim Teleport without any regard whatsoever for the damage that it would inflict. without some kind of limitation, it would do far more harm than good. Don't request blindly! Think of what effect your suggested changes would have before DE brainlessly implements them and ruins mobility.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Keep in mind that a free aim Teleport would give Ash higher mobility than Zephyr, who was designed to have the highest mobility of any warframe. Teleport has always been an assassin's tool, not a way to ruin other mobility warframes. Buffing Zephyr also wouldn't be an option, because if Teleport was free aim, it would be completely impossible for any frame to have higher mobility.

The only situation in which a free aim Teleport could possibly work is if it was only free aim in a specific situation that didn't come up very often. An idea I had was to make it free aim very briefly after teleporting to an enemy and performing a finisher on them. This would make it an escape tool rather than a Zephyr ruiner.

If Ash was simply given a free aim Teleport, the damage would be quite severe, especially to Zephyr. I see so many people requesting a free aim Teleport without any regard whatsoever for the damage that it would inflict. without some kind of limitation, it would do far more harm than good. Don't request blindly! Think of what effect your suggested changes would have before DE brainlessly implements them and ruins mobility.

how is an ash teleport a zephyr Ruiner?? so people say like blink i guess but teleport to wall latch sounds more appropriate, it wont do any damage 

to any warframe because the only teleport thats close is Switch teleport, zephyr has veritcal and horizontal annnnd a float passive.

teleport is not zephyr territory.zephyr is of a flight design which most tile sets would find it situational 

and what im saying is if i can teleport to an enemy from across the room i should be able to teleport to the wall next to him 

how is an ash teleport a zephyr Ruiner?? so people say like blink i guess but teleport to wall latch sounds more appropriate, it wont do any damage 

to any warframe because the only teleport thats close is Switch teleport, zephyr has veritcal and horizontal annnnd a float passive.

teleport is not zephyr territory.zephyr is of a flight design which most tile sets would find it situational 

and what im saying is if i can teleport to an enemy from across the room i should be able to teleport to the wall next to him 

Tail Wind moves Zephyr from one place to another at a very high speed. A free aim Teleport would move Ash from one place to another instantaneously. It would be straight up superior to Tail Wind. The mechanics are different, but they have the same basic function: getting from point A to point B faster than normally possible. A free aim Teleport would make Tail Wind obsolete by doing Tail Wind's exact job, only better. Why should an assassin have higher mobility than the frame that was specifically designed to have the highest mobility?

Teleport should not be free aim without some sort of other limitation added, because it would defeat the purpose of what is supposed to be the highest mobility frame in the game.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Tail Wind moves Zephyr from one place to another at a very high speed. A free aim Teleport would move Ash from one place to another instantaneously. It would be straight up superior to Tail Wind. The mechanics are different, but they have the same basic function: getting from point A to point B faster than normally possible. A free aim Teleport would make Tail Wind obsolete by doing Tail Wind's exact job, only better. Why should an assassin have higher mobility than the frame that was specifically designed to have the highest mobility?

Teleport should not be free aim without some sort of other limitation added, because it would defeat the purpose of what is supposed to be the highest mobility frame in the game.

So basically keep Teleported limited as F*** so Zephyr can stay just as inexistent as she is ? Nice logic m8 .

Tail Wind moves Zephyr from one place to another at a very high speed. A free aim Teleport would move Ash from one place to another instantaneously. It would be straight up superior to Tail Wind. The mechanics are different, but they have the same basic function: getting from point A to point B faster than normally possible. A free aim Teleport would make Tail Wind obsolete by doing Tail Wind's exact job, only better. Why should an assassin have higher mobility than the frame that was specifically designed to have the highest mobility?

i dont see anyone saying ash can teleport freely i can put my zephyr away, zephyr still cool tail has so much more utility,and if you heard about air gliding . Zephyr will benefit most. New parkour 2.0 os gonna make any frame more mobile ash`s teleport doesnt need to be restricted or situational

So basically keep Teleported limited as F*** so Zephyr can stay just as inexistent as she is ? Nice logic m8 .

So basically buff Ash's mobility so ridiculously that it breaks the movement system and makes him more mobile than the frame that was specifically designed to have the highest mobility? The logic behind making Ash have higher mobility than Zephyr is nonexistent.

i dont see anyone saying ash can teleport freely i can put my zephyr away, zephyr still cool tail has so much more utility,and if you heard about air gliding . Zephyr will benefit most. New parkour 2.0 os gonna make any frame more mobile ash`s teleport doesnt need to be restricted or situational

But Ash would be able to get from A to B faster than Zephyr could. There is nothing that could ever possibly exceed the mobility of a free aim Teleport. There is no reason whatsoever for Ash to ever have higher mobility than the frame that was specifically designed to have the highest mobility.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

But Ash would be able to get from A to B faster than Zephyr could. There is nothing that could ever possibly exceed the mobility of a free aim Teleport. There is no reason whatsoever for Ash to ever have higher mobility than the frame that was specifically designed to have the highest mobility.

Yet, Nova's Wormhole already does the job, as does Volt's speed I suppose. Honestly I'd like free aim teleport on ash, it makes him that menacing backstabber that he should be. In my perspective Zephyr has no right to block another's frame full enjoyable potential. Though, clearly Zephyr is being neglected by DE and is in need of a rework the most, but i.m.o. flight does not equal 'best' mobility. She should fulfill a different role maybe.

Yet, Nova's Wormhole already does the job, as does Volt's speed I suppose. Honestly I'd like free aim teleport on ash, it makes him that menacing backstabber that he should be. In my perspective Zephyr has no right to block another's frame full enjoyable potential. Though, clearly Zephyr is being neglected by DE and is in need of a rework the most, but i.m.o. flight does not equal 'best' mobility. She should fulfill a different role maybe.

Thank you for no instantly salting everywhere.

Worm Hole is less spammable and more awkward to use due to the fact that Nova has to actually walk through it, and I routinely beat rusher Volts to extraction with not even close to max duration on my Zephyr build. However, that's beside the point.

If Zephyr "has no right to hold back Ash's potential" then Nyx has no right to hold back Loki's potential, despite the fact that Irradiating Disarm is a straight upgrade to Nyx's best ability, Chaos. Because of Irradiating Disarm, Nyx is now widely considered to have very little value. Why use Nyx when you could use Irradiating Disarm Loki? Why use Zephyr when you can use free aim Teleport Ash? A free aim Teleport is all set to become Irradiating Disarm 2.0. If Teleport was free aim, Zephyr wouldn't be holding back Ash's potential, but Ash would be holding back Zephyr's.

I really don't see how a free aim Teleport would make ash more of a backstabber; it would only make him more of a rusher/speedrunner frame. I do think a free aim Teleport could potentially work if some other limitation was placed on it that prevented it from becoming nothing but a mobility tool. A suggestion I already made was to make Teleport only be free aim after teleporting to an enemy and performing a finisher on them. This would make it more useful for escaping a sticky situation than for straight up mobility. I'm open to suggestions for other possible limitations.

Changing Zephyr's role away from mobility would make her not Zephyr anymore. From the very beginning, Zephyr has been designed to have the highest mobility of any frame. If she lost that, she wouldn't really be Zephyr anymore. To go back to my earlier example, it's like moving Nyx's focus away from CC because Irradiating Disarm exists.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Thank you for no instantly salting everywhere.

Worm Hole is less spammable and more awkward to use due to the fact that Nova has to actually walk through it, and I routinely beat rusher Volts to extraction with not even close to max duration on my Zephyr build. However, that's beside the point.

I really don't see how a free aim Teleport would make ash more of a backstabber; it would only make him more of a rusher/speedrunner frame. I do think a free aim Teleport could potentially work if some other limitation was placed on it that prevented it from becoming nothing but a mobility tool. A suggestion I already made was to make Teleport only be free aim after teleporting to an enemy and performing a finisher on them. This would make it more useful for escaping a sticky situation than for straight up mobility. I'm open to suggestions for other possible limitations.

Changing Zephyr's role away from mobility would make her not Zephyr anymore. From the very beginning, Zephyr has been designed to have the highest mobility of any frame. If she lost that, she wouldn't really be Zephyr anymore.

Wormhole, with Nova as I have it ; ) is spammable like crazy. Maybe you're right about Zephyr, but although your suggested free aim teleport 'nerf' is good, I find it still too restricting.

How about  letting Ash cast it 3 times freely and then add a cooldown which can only be reduced by finishers. Let's also not forget that his teleport range is quite small without range mods equipped.

*Edit

There is nothing that could ever possibly exceed the mobility of a free aim Teleport. 

Time travel :p   

Before you decided to go there, I'll be there , waiting for you.

Edited by Impact6

How about  letting Ash cast it 3 times freely and then add a cooldown which can only be reduced by finishers. Let's also not forget that his teleport range is quite small without range mods equipped.

Hmm... interesting. This could work if Ash wasn't able to spam Teleport, and if only Teleport finishers restored it. Since there are other mobility skills currently in the game, I could see Teleport working as a mobility skill if it didn't rival or exceed Tail Wind's mobility.

Hmm... interesting. This could work if Ash wasn't able to spam Teleport, and if only Teleport finishers restored it. Since there are other mobility skills currently in the game, I could see Teleport working as a mobility skill if it didn't rival or exceed Tail Wind's mobility.

Thanks for this interesting exchange of perspectives and good discussion ^^

I like the idea but it would be game breaking and way too powerful. Literally speed run missions with his 90 m teleport without needing to look at mobs also made spammable for melee usage...

Edit: Max efficiency costs 6 power, max p flow I can cast it quite a few times, maximized range via wiki is 140m which is an endless blade storm build.

Edited by Epicagemo