Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Vacuum Endless Repetitious Noise Trying To Claim Ammo Drops. It Sucks

CrazyCatLad

Hola,

Sometimes (only in coop mode), my Carrier will suck things towards it but it will never 'use' it.  This has happened to me in multiple places - Void, Mercury in coop mode.

So I'll be running and trailed by various pickups.  Usually ammo drops make an endless clicking noise as if the carrier wants to suck it up but just won't.  It is very, very annoying that forces me to mute my sound.  Sometimes it stops on its own and eventually starts again randomly.  I think I have screenshots but don't have access to them right now.

Edited by Lanieu

Thanks for the report, we're still looking into this one.

i don't think it's a sound issue ultimately - i'm pretty sure that other Players having Ammo Mutation Equipped for some reason at some times can cause Ammo Pickups they Mutated to be useless to you.

you cannot pick them up(something odd happening with Mutating the Ammo and other Players reading what Ammo Type it is, perhaps?), so trying to will just repeat the pickup sound forever, telling you your N Ammo is full when it isn't.

Edited by taiiat

i don't think it's a sound issue ultimately - i'm pretty sure that other Players having Ammo Mutation Equipped for some reason at some times can cause Ammo Pickups they Mutated to be useless to you.

you cannot pick them up(something odd happening with Mutating the Ammo and other Players reading what Ammo Type it is, perhaps?), so trying to will just repeat the pickup sound forever, telling you your N Ammo is full when it isn't.

I've had it happen with ammo mutation and without it.  Guns used Kohm and Prisma Grakata. Kohm had mutation. Prisma Grakata did not.

I'm guessing it is a server related issue that makes registering pickups wonky because I've never gotten it in solo mode.

^^^^

Edited by Lanieu

I wonder if this is related to not being able pickup anything, carrier just hovers a huge pile of stuff that makes operating panels or picking up syndicate medals impossible.

I've never had this when being the host, always as a client.

Edited by Tuuhea_Takasumu

This is what I've found.  I tend play with real life friends and with voice chat.  Every time that I've had this issue (standing on ammo that I need and just getting the pick up sound repeated while not being able to pick it up) I've asked my friends if they are using an ammo mutator and every time at least one of them is.

Yeah...this occurs to me pretty often, especially with so many drops next to me flying in my head because of the carrier and the endless sound that occurs, bugs me the hell out of my brain causing me to mute the sound completely..

Yeah...this occurs to me pretty often, especially with so many drops next to me flying in my head because of the carrier and the endless sound that occurs, bugs me the hell out of my brain causing me to mute the sound completely..

AYE! I mute the sound too.  Sometimes later I'll notice they aren't following me anymore and unmute...two minutes later...ammo drops are stalking me again.

I have experience the same thing with Carrier.  Drops following me around making noise.  It's very annoying.  Yesterday I noticed that happened in a T4 Def Void.  I had my Kubrow with me not Carrier.  There was a GMAG and a Mesa with me which I really don't appreciate the camping style.  Every time I get near the GMAG who had all the drops around her that noise was there.  When I would get away from GMAG the noise would go away.  I would suggest to DE to look into the GMAG as well as Carrier.

I'm having this issue with energy pickups now too.  I have a Loki Prime equipped but no ammo mutator. Carrier equipped as well.  I will get to max energy and the sound starts looping while trying to pickup energy that shouldn't be picked up.  I will have to drain my energy and then once they do get picked up the cycle repeats.  I noticed the same when this issue occurs with ammo on a GMag.  I have noticed it is the pistol ammo that starts the glitch.  If I empty a few clips it will pick up pistol ammo and the sounds stops, but of course will begin the cycle again. 

Of course this is all on top of the even bigger issue which is when mod drops are not getting picked up and the next thing you know you're sitting in the middle of a loot pile.

Check this out!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trongod05/screenshot/36375276888104842

I'm having this issue with energy pickups now too.  I have a Loki Prime equipped but no ammo mutator. Carrier equipped as well.  I will get to max energy and the sound starts looping while trying to pickup energy that shouldn't be picked up.  I will have to drain my energy and then once they do get picked up the cycle repeats.  I noticed the same when this issue occurs with ammo on a GMag.  I have noticed it is the pistol ammo that starts the glitch.  If I empty a few clips it will pick up pistol ammo and the sounds stops, but of course will begin the cycle again. 

Of course this is all on top of the even bigger issue which is when mod drops are not getting picked up and the next thing you know you're sitting in the middle of a loot pile.

Check this out!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trongod05/screenshot/36375276888104842

Wow yea...This issue should be addressed.  It's very annoying and it's been going on for a while now.  Yesterday I had carrier on and the noise was getting to me so I switched to a different Wyr Prime.  I would like to use Carrier but this glitch is annoying.  DE PLZ..Fix this. 

There are multiple versions of this bug. 

1) Carrier refuses to pick up all drops for no apparent reason for an unspecified amount of time, in which eventually (or never) it will resume picking up drops. This can occur while using loki prime or nova prime, and perhaps while using primed flow without it being maxed, giving you an odd number of energy, which may cause carrier to attempt to "fill" your energy to an even number to no avail. It can also happen after or during a lag spike

2) same as above, but your action key (default X) no longer functions, meaning you can no longer get life support, open doors, hack terminals, or revive other players. This is the worst case scenario and the only solution is to finish the mission while not being able to pick up energy or ammo, or open doors. 

It's a bug been around forever. Just like other various problems (headshot sounds not playing for clients) it probably won't ever get fixed or if it does, it will be when DE litterally has nothing else to do with warframe anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...