The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer - February 23Rd, 2016

Cynaris

-internal screaming- I cannot WAIT. 

Moving over to off-topic :) 

Aw crap, I opened it in General Discussion, didn't I

GOWDDANGIT

I WANT this to be good. The original was EPIC.

But...

EA...

*winces*

We shall see.

The original was EA too, relax.

Plus Mirror's Edge is not the AAA type of game Battlefield or others are, no real need to rush it out.

And look at it this way:

The original game did not sell well, AT ALL.

The fact that we are seeing a second game at all is thanks to EA giving it a second chance, and a longer development time. (3 years?) The fact that the franchise exists at all is thanks to EA.

EA did a lot of things wrong, but they are aware and trying to make up for it.

Not Dice, but EA will.

Some people just never stop being pessimistic.
Edited by Cynaris

After the excessive dynamic range audio finished blowing this room to pieces, it was a pretty enjoyable trailer.

Seriously though, having to constantly turn the volume up and down, trying to guess when someone will be talking and when the sound mixing is about to ruin your speakers... I've passed on games specifically because of crap like that.

No. That's called being realistic.

Everything EA has ever touched, came out rotten. EA ain't what they used to be.

That's absolutely not realistic, really. 

If EA would have destroyed everything, they wouldn't do financially the way they do.

It's just oh so popular to hate on everything these days. Spoiled brats, I tell you.

That's absolutely not realistic, really. 

If EA would have destroyed everything, they wouldn't do financially the way they do.

It's just oh so popular to hate on everything these days. Spoiled brats, I tell you.

No, they do not DESTROY everything. That is Ubisoft and NCSoft. (Think I exaggerate? Ghost Recon. Rainbow Six. City of Heroes. Aion. The lists go on and on and on.)

EA sucks the soul of out of everything they touch while leaving a shell. All in the name of bigger profits. Some of the shells are cool, don't get me wrong. But their recent track record is not one to inspire trust.

We DO hope. But most of us are realists as well. PROFIT will win out here. If EA or any game publishing company at all these days think they can make more money by making a sub par half baked reboot of a title, they WILL. If they think they can actually make more money by making a good game, they will. That doesn't usually happen though. There is only so much funding that even a huge conglomeration like EA can put into any single game.

They will do what they can, sure.

Will it be a good game? We shall see.

No, they do not DESTROY everything. That is Ubisoft and NCSoft. (Think I exaggerate? Ghost Recon. Rainbow Six. City of Heroes. Aion. The lists go on and on and on.)

EA sucks the soul of out of everything they touch while leaving a shell. All in the name of bigger profits. Some of the shells are cool, don't get me wrong. But their recent track record is not one to inspire trust.

We DO hope. But most of us are realists as well. PROFIT will win out here. If EA or any game publishing company at all these days think they can make more money by making a sub par half baked reboot of a title, they WILL. If they think they can actually make more money by making a good game, they will. That doesn't usually happen though. There is only so much funding that even a huge conglomeration like EA can put into any single game.

They will do what they can, sure.

Will it be a good game? We shall see.

What you just said applies to many publishers really. I'm not saying EA are saints, but the flak they are getting is ridiculous.

Not all of their games are without flaws, but for every fiasco you get a pretty damn good game (DA: Inquisition?)

Not to mention that gamers these days are without a doubt the most spoiled community I ever had the misfortune being a part of.

Deadlines are deadlines, you don't get to argue with your boss just because you are incompetent at what you are doing,

EA might have a part with games going wrong, but so do developers.

Games having a soul or not is also rather up to interpretation. 

For some the original ME had no soul either.

I'd honestly just remain optimistic instead of putting everything I see down because apparently people get some sort of satisfaction out of this.

I'd honestly just remain optimistic instead of putting everything I see down because apparently people get some sort of satisfaction out of this.

Your assumptions aren't correct either, pretty boy.

Just because I don't like ONE publisher, doesn't mean I hate ALL publishers.

Your assumptions aren't correct either, pretty boy.

Just because I don't like ONE publisher, doesn't mean I hate ALL publishers.

And that's exactly all that is wrong with you.

You hate ONE publisher based on mistakes MOST publishers commit.

You should probably just hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games.

But oh wait, nobody hates on Bethesda for some reason.

And that's exactly all that is wrong with you.

You hate ONE publisher based on mistakes MOST publishers commit.

You should probably just hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games.

But oh wait, nobody hates on Bethesda for some reason.

That post made literally no sense. I didn't even mention any mistakes in particular. I do not hate one publisher based on experiences with other publishers. That's extremely nonsensical.

That said, don't let the little EA fanboy inside you get butthurt by a bunch of pixels thinking differently from you. 

Some people like Bethesda, others Activision. Some hate Ubisoft , others Bandai Namco or whatever. You can't just throw a tantrum each time someone disagrees with you.

That post made literally no sense. I didn't even mention any mistakes in particular. I do not hate one publisher based on experiences with other publishers. That's extremely nonsensical.

That said, don't let the little EA fanboy inside you get butthurt by a bunch of pixels thinking differently from you. 

Some people like Bethesda, others Activision. Some hate Ubisoft , others Bandai Namco or whatever. You can't just throw a tantrum each time someone disagrees with you.

I don't hate any of them. At the end of the day, they are all corporations, and they have to make a living, which is increasingly difficult to them.

But at least I understand that, unlike others.

Even if that suddenly turns me into a fanboy in the eye of a delusional weabo on the internet. Welp.

I don't hate any of them. At the end of the day, they are all corporations, and they have to make a living, which is increasingly difficult to them.

But at least I understand that, unlike others.

Even if that suddenly turns me into a fanboy in the eye of a delusional weabo on the internet. Welp.

Weaboo? What the.. Do you even know what a weaboo is?

I'm not the one delusional here, at all.

What you just said applies to many publishers really. I'm not saying EA are saints, but the flak they are getting is ridiculous.

Not all of their games are without flaws, but for every fiasco you get a pretty damn good game (DA: Inquisition?)

Not to mention that gamers these days are without a doubt the most spoiled community I ever had the misfortune being a part of.

Deadlines are deadlines, you don't get to argue with your boss just because you are incompetent at what you are doing,

EA might have a part with games going wrong, but so do developers.

Games having a soul or not is also rather up to interpretation. 

For some the original ME had no soul either.

Yeah, but every SINGLE time I remain optimistic, I get kicked in the balls and teeth at the same time. (Admittedly, that is UBISOFT'S go to move, not EA. But still...)

Hard to stay optimistic when one is in pain. Really, REALLY hard.

We can hope for a good game. But I for one just want it not to suck.

Edited by Kalenath