The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Didn't they say that Javelin would be changed to not overlap with Blind? Considering how similar the two are in gameplay, achieving that basically requires a full rework.

Yes, they stated that there was overlap and changes would be made but that it was 'still being looked at'.

I like super jump

Clear a deaths squad solo cheaply

super jump + angstrum.

Also a good panic button for trap and stuff

Sooo can we have the option to keep the old super jump

Parkour 2.0 will make super jump even more redundant. Alot of people wanted it gone and i'm glad it's leaving.

No we're not going to have the option to keep it as an adjusted javelin will be taking it's place.

no - as stated earlier in the thread - parkour 2.0 brings charged jumps to every warframe.

I also wonder at people attached to Super Jump - have you not discovered looking up, jumping and meleeing? it's way WAY more powerful than super jump.  Trust me on this - I actually play Excalibur a lot.

no - as stated earlier in the thread - parkour 2.0 brings charged jumps to every warframe.

I also wonder at people attached to Super Jump - have you not discovered looking up, jumping and meleeing? it's way WAY more powerful than super jump. Trust me on this - I actually play Excalibur a lot.

well yeah but I like the feel where I can calmly charge and aim properly during flight.

Instead of being shot by everyone midair

I dont get why de remove charge attack

and introduce charge jump

I think they run out of ideas

nooo, I need my superjump! You may rest in peace my beloved skill. :( I play almost exclusively Excaibur and I do use super jump a lot, not like I don't know about the meele dash, it's ok but super jump is just waaay more awesome. I'm really gonna miss this skill.

Edited by 000_Briarius_000

well yeah but I like the feel where I can calmly charge and aim properly during flight.

Instead of being shot by everyone midair

I dont get why de remove charge attack

and introduce charge jump

I think they run out of ideas

They have already hinted that Charged Attack is coming back so I would't worry over it.

It'd be really cool if the energy slashes from the new stance differed depending on whatever the primary damage type of the weapon was.at least in shape.

so slash damage weapons would of course send out slash waves, puncture weapons would send out mini spears and impact weapons would send out  slower moving orbs that would knock down or launch enemies they touched.

It'd be really cool if the energy slashes from the new stance differed depending on whatever the primary damage type of the weapon was.at least in shape.

so slash damage weapons would of course send out slash waves, puncture weapons would send out mini spears and impact weapons would send out  slower moving orbs that would knock down or launch enemies they touched.

That idea sounds too.. What would you say. Cartoonistic. They have already decided that's its gonna be sending energy slashes and I don't think DE would ever do that :P

Im worried about RB. Being the only CC ability Excal has, subjecting enemies to finishers would cramp its potential. When dealing with high level enemies its best to stop them as you can not easily kill them. Casting RB on a group of high level enemies and then going after each one for a finisher doesnt really make any sense. A stun, confusion and long lasting blind is more ideal and will carry Excal further in the game.

RJ is another ability that has the potential to carry Excal further in the game. A knock down effect would be great for it.

I hope SD doesnt stop on an enemy Excal cant kill, as it does now, leaving him vulnerable. In any case, with lack of power or CC, SD will remain a low level enemy ideal ability. 

Nevertheless, im happy to see changes coming to Excal. Cant wait to see his new Helm too. (please, no fish lips lol)

Im worried about RB. Being the only CC ability Excal has, subjecting enemies to finishers would cramp its potential. When dealing with high level enemies its best to stop them as you can not easily kill them. Casting RB on a group of high level enemies and then going after each one for a finisher doesnt really make any sense. A stun, confusion and long lasting blind is more ideal and will carry Excal further in the game.

RJ is another ability that has the potential to carry Excal further in the game. A knock down effect would be great for it.

I hope SD doesnt stop on an enemy Excal cant kill, as it does now, leaving him vulnerable. In any case, with lack of power or CC, SD will remain a low level enemy ideal ability. 

Nevertheless, im happy to see changes coming to Excal. Cant wait to see his new Helm too. (please, no fish lips lol)

YOU Deactivate Slashdash - it's not a duration distance. hit 1 to start dash, hit 1 to finish.

The "samurai" frame I've always wanted. T_T how long thooooooo

Edit: hopefully all his abilities have smooth transitions from each other.

Ex:

Blind to slash dash with no interuption and vice versa. Itd be cool if radial jav comes from under the enemies and put them on stakes which could transition into his new energy sword ability.

DE I'm counting on you (O_O) *looking at you Scott*

Edited by OsanoSSX

I want the rework to come soon because... ENERGY SWORDZ!!!!!! D:

The mobility Slash Dash and Super Jump offer will be missed, but at the same time i'm excited about the new ult (since i already love valkyr's ult) and the new Slash Dash... Cone Dash? Slash Cone?... Whatever you get the point.

Itd be cool if radial jav comes from under the enemies and put them on stakes which could transition into his new energy sword ability.

Now that is a cool adjustment to the way Radial Javelin looks and acts.  Or alternatively call it Sword Rain and it just pins everyone to the floor for obvious reasons.

As for the OP's demonstration, reverse grip wielding his ultimate would just be bad !. 

This is some crap.

Radial Javelin IS his Ultimate.

They need to make that Hysteria-like junk his #3.

His ultimate feels boring and redundant, mass AoE #4's aren't all that imaginative really.  He can definitely do better.  The ultimate should be iconic to the Warframe.  Excalibur materializing and wielding his namesake (because, what else would be appropriate besides his namesake?) sounds far more iconic in my opinion.

Edited by Littleman88

His ultimate feels boring and redundant, mass AoE #4's aren't all that imaginative really.  He can definitely do better.  The ultimate should be iconic to the Warframe.  Excalibur materializing and wielding his namesake (because, what else would be appropriate besides his namesake?) sounds far more iconic in my opinion.

Excalibur wielding Caliburn.

I just hope that his new four isn't just a copy-paste of Valkyr's four without invulnerability.

Other then that, I would hope that wearing the proto-skin would replace the energy sword with an energy glaive (with energy connecting the glaive to Excal's wrist to give a canonical reason why he can't throw it).

I've seen people suggest that he blocks damage with his blade when he's not attacking, that would be a nice start, maybe have a higher chance than normal to have damage reflected back at attackers (more so than normal melee, anyway)?

Edited by Darkshifter98

Excalibur wielding Caliburn.

While the same weapon by different names, calling the skill Caliburn would be cool and sound less egoistic.

Alternatively, they could call the sword Claiomh Solas to play into the fact that he has Radial Blind as an ability.  Granted, Caliburn itself apparently does this as well, but it's not referred to as "The Sword of Light."   ...a light which coincidentally would be what Excalibur might be projecting over a distance during his ultimate.

Edited by Littleman88

While the same weapon by different names, calling the skill Caliburn would be cool and sound less egoistic.

Alternatively, they could call the sword Claiomh Solas to play into the fact that he has Radial Blind as an ability.  Granted, Caliburn itself apparently does this as well, but it's not referred to as "The Sword of Light."

How about: Yakusoku Sareta Shōri no Ken

... ok its a mouthful.