Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extra-Lotus Assignments, Requests, Contracts

Tobiah

Hey all, just an idea here to help us get a wider variety and making some equipment more apparent or available:

Assignments, requests and contracts from persons other than the Lotus:

We already receive these from alerts, events, etc., but I propose this:

Allow alerts to expand to outside sources like:

* Darvo: missions to gather a specific resource for a specific reward

* Syndicates: not necessarily for largely increased rep, but perhaps a small amount (100-200) such that we are enticed to do these requests.

* Civilians, governments, merchants, etc: contracts to protect, defend, keep an area safe, or things like that.

What do you think? I believe this would also give us some of the options that are sought in the new star-chart (but this is a totally separate idea) by allowing rewards or completion gifts like simple weapons, weapon blueprints, rep, prized possessions like mods, or even ducats that a government may have.

What I could see is each Syndicate specializing in a different group of missions.

Steel Meridian:  Defense, Survival, Mobile Defense.  Defending the people is their entire thing.

Arbiters of Hexis:  Deception, Rescue, Hijack.  More cunning, thoughtful ways to victory.

Cephalon Suda:  Spy, Interception, Deception.  Suda wants to know everything.

Perrin Sequence:  Excavation, Survival, Spy.  Gotta dig up them relics, make that money.

Red Veil:  Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture.  Kill all the things.

New Loka:  Sabotage, Mobile Defense, Hijack.  Stop the Grineer from messing Earth up any more.

Edited by Trylobyte

Too bad Lotus won't let us near civilians. Cordylon said so :(

Who says they have to be civies, and who said we have to go near them? And, technically, Cordy said that

"The Lotus works so that no civilian need make contact with a tool of war. Warframes are no exception."

emphasis added on Warframes. Tenno themselves are up for question.

Tryl, I love your idea, but I have one semantic disagreement

Steel Meridian:  Defense, Survival, Mobile Defense.  Defending the people is their entire thing.

Cephalon Suda:  Spy, Interception, Deception.  Suda wants to know everything.

Swap Merid MD and Suda Deception. Mobile Defense is just another data theft mission like Spy 2.0, according to the Lotus, while most Deception missions involve throwing dangerous Grineer Galleons off course

Edited by TARINunit9

I would love it if I could help a fellow smuggler like darvo smuggle a heap of charges into a grineer ship to blow it up.

followed by an archwing mission afterwards to pick up the scrap/loot.

I could just imagine the grineer coms on a mission like that.

"seems we have a uhhh... thing on the uhh.. reactor core.. no sir it doesn't look like a magnet. yeahh its uhh.. beeping... making a lota noise.. what? hold on im gonna umm... shoot it off.. yeah." (transmission ends and turns to nothing but static)