Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Remove Coptering You Might As Well Remove The Entirety Of Melee.

Cerenax

Shouldn't the existence of this thread denote that on its own?

Personally, I'm looking forward to coptering being gone.  I enjoy playing just for the sake of having fun and it drives me crazy when some well meaning meta player tries to tell me how to play and that coptering is the only movement ability.  

Well...

I don't really care if someone tells me how to play, because I won't listen if I don't want to.  The problem is when they want DE to leave bugs, glitches, exploits, and imbalance in the game because it benefits people who like to play broken.

Don't play broken and you won't regret its removal.

Well...

I don't really care if someone tells me how to play, because I won't listen if I don't want to.  The problem is when they want DE to leave bugs, glitches, exploits, and imbalance in the game because it benefits people who like to play broken.

Don't play broken and you won't regret its removal.

See I used to think coptering was an exploit too, way back in the day.  But the developers know about it. It was canonized in an update where they made the physics somewhat more tunable.  The whole "melee is for coptering" thing can be traced back to [DE]Glen, who does this all the time.

See I used to think coptering was an exploit too, way back in the day.  But the developers know about it. It was canonized in an update where they made the physics somewhat more tunable.  The whole "melee is for coptering" thing can be traced back to [DE]Glen, who does this all the time.

It doesn't matter whether or not the devs exploit their own game...that doesn't make it anything more or less than what it is.

If you remember your history, they actually fixed the broken slide attack very early on.  They left coptering in because the game was young and there was a massive outcry of rushers that just want their stuff.  You could even tell back then that they were reluctant in doing so but they felt they had no choice.

Now that Warframe is much, much larger, and there are far more people demanding skilled play, they're in a comfortable state removing it.

Edited by Thaumatos

This is literally the same argument you could use to propose that everybody should use unicycles instead of bicycles. >_>  Why use your feet to get around when you can use a pogo stick! It takes more skill!

Except this is a video game, and we're concerned with more than just ease of use and quickness of transport. No one relies on coptering or directional melee to get to work. 

A well made parkour system would be a lot of fun use, be stylish, and offer better mobility than plain old walking/running around. By contrast, coptering is fast and effective, but it looks hideous, requires little skill, and it arbitrarily links mobility to your melee weapon. Parkour might be slower (we don't even really know for sure), but I'll still choose it over coptering. To continue the terrible analogies game, coptering is a nitro burning funny car and parkour is a [pick a $100,000+ sports car of your choice]. One goes faster, but I know which one I'd rather drive.

I'm going to remember this thread as a bunch of people cheering as they burn down a public building.

LOL? 

A better analogy would be: We are cheering that a building with shaky foundations and crumbling facade is being stabilized, renovated and repaired. We are looking forward to a new and improved system over a buggy one built on exploits and glitches. 

I'm going to remember this thread as a bunch of people cheering as they burn down a public building.

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps7fplnwqa.png

I'm going to remember this thread as a bunch of people cheering as they burn down a public building, so a far superior public building can be constructed in its place. I'd cheer for that.

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps7fplnwqa.png

I'm going to remember this thread as a bunch of people cheering as they burn down a public building, so a far superior public building can be constructed in its place. I'd cheer for that.

I'm going to remember this thread as a few people shouting at the government for destroying a public building when they asked, begged, protested, and voted for a brand new one to be built in its place.

AKA sheer idiocy.

Edited by Thaumatos

Melee are still viable even without coptering. Finishers deal a good amount of damage, and can finish off the tankier enemies quite easily. You can block enemies' bullets to protect yourself from damage. Stop being blinded. Melee weapons have other uses besides mobility.

I always hated coptering because of the animations...

Also, with parkour 2.0 maybe we'll have an alternative.

We already removed infinite wallrun, might as well ditch the other bug that somehow stayed.

Best case scenario it will come back but won't look so stupid.^^

And maybe, just maybe, parkour 2.0 will allow us to achieve similar mobility?

Edited by Marthrym

I'm going to remember this thread as a few people shouting at the government for destroying a public building when they asked, begged, protested, and voted for a brand new one to be built in its place wing to be added.

Fixed that for ya.

I'm all for trying new things. I'm not in favor of ripping something out that a lot of people like and use to make way for it.  Nothing that we have seen suggests that Parkour 2.0 and melee coptering are mutually exclusive. Don't raze and rebuild; expand and improve.

Edited by Momaw

Fixed that for ya.

I'm all for trying new things. I'm not in favor of ripping something out that a lot of people like and use to make way for it.  Nothing that we have seen suggests that Parkour 2.0 and melee coptering are mutually exclusive. Don't raze and rebuild; expand and improve.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/459238-will-directional-air-melee-render-parkour-20-completely-worthless-all-evidence-says-yes-so-heres-how-we-change-that/

Why would I use the new parkour moves if I could just copter/melee air attack around?

Then there's PvP to think about, and how stupidly broken melee mobility is in conclave.

Warframe will be removed from my hdd after u17 then)

Bye!

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Why would I use the new parkour moves if I could just copter/melee air attack around?

For all the people that think coptering looks dumb, they can do their thing, and still get around. And for the people that like coptering, they can do their thing, and still get around.

CHOICES.

That's why.

For all the people that think coptering looks dumb, they can do their thing, and still get around. And for the people that like coptering, they can do their thing, and still get around.

CHOICES.

That's why.

Allow me to rephrase.

Why would I use the new parkour moves if coptering/melee air attacks get me around way faster?

Personally, I find melee air attacks to be a far bigger problem than coptering, since they provide a stupid amount of vertical mobility as well as horizontal. They're basically a nerfed version of Tail Wind. I've heard rumors that they're getting nerfed, and I would be pretty upset if they aren't nerfed severely. That was basically the entire point of my thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/459238-will-directional-air-melee-render-parkour-20-completely-worthless-all-evidence-says-yes-so-heres-how-we-change-that/

Shouldn't the existence of this thread denote that on its own?

Personally, I'm looking forward to coptering being gone.  I enjoy playing just for the sake of having fun and it drives me crazy when some well meaning meta player tries to tell me how to play and that coptering is the only movement ability.  

Well said girl.

What Steve said, word for word:

U17 Doomthread fuel: Stamina gone,Coptering is for melee not super-man flying,latched Wallrun gone,Metroidy along/off-wall jumps&double flip

Translation?  No more:

tumblr_m6i8gcyLgb1qcwoano2_500.gif

Good.

No more drugs?