Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 With Words From De Steve. Gone:copter-Flying, Stamina, Wallrun!

Mak_Gohae

At least I know what words I will say:

Roses on a coffin… As you slowly sink-
- Into the earth
Mourners softly sobbing… I can’t even cry-
- I’m numb with hurt
We never stood a chance… our bond-
- so fragile

And write on the tombstone of coptering:

Where could we go from here…

Nowhere

Its interesting that only people who are fine with removal of coptering are people who played warframe for very long time and probably already have everything that there is in game.

coptering is NEEDED for new players if they want to keep up with experianced players, especially with diluted drop table and vaulting of some of prime stuff(frost, latron, reaper).

The thing about wallrunning is that currently no titleset  offers way to use wallrunning for distances similar to copter. So they have to change every titleset drastically, where it would be all about empty spaces since in tight corridors you wouldnt be able to use wallrunning.

I from personal experiance I really like coptering, some time ago after I played warframe for some time I started getting bored with all the grinding and repetitiveness of warframe I actually left game for few days but after I decided to try game again I accidentally found out about coptering and it revitalized by enjoyment from game, I actually enjoy game more then when I first found the game, since that time I play warframe everyday, removal of coptering could end up killing my enjoyment from game if there is no alternative that would let me move as fast.

A new player on Mercury will do not need to catch up with experienced players. He's playing with fellow new players. That's Mercury. That's why we have progression in the game. Until he is experienced, he shall not play on high-level missions. Those low level missions are there for a REASON. He won't be playing on Pluto with experienced players. He'll be playing on Mercury, Venus, etc. Low level planets. By the time he reaches high-level missions he'll be experienced enough for them.

If he plays on high-level missions with experienced people while still being a new one, he's a hindrance to the squad and the completion of the mission objective. We're not here to carry new players. They need to learn how to play. Making them copter all the map just so they won't get left behind is NOT a good way of making them learn.

Also, I found out that taking my time on a mission, (No, not completely walking around and looking into every room. I'm talking about not copter-rushing a mission ASAP.) is way more enjoyable than copter-rushing. It takes the fun out of the game. So, by making them copter around just to keep up, we do not only keep them from getting more and more experienced, we also keep them from properly enjoying the game. I do not care if there's an alert on an unlocked node and they want taxi, or rushing to reach it. Then go and unlock every node. Stop relying on experienced players to carry you around, just because you are too lazy to unlock nodes.

Edited by S3EK3R

I like being able to control my movement entirely with my melee weapon, feels very free, just me and my melee weapon.  It also doesn't require me to interact with walls/other objects in the game.  Need to fly? Copter.  Need to go high?  Directional melee.  Plus you get in a flow with your melee weapon, Dual Ichors are probably my favorite weapon in the game mainly due to how familiar I am with it's coptering distance.  Not looking forward to this change.

I like being able to control my movement entirely with my melee weapon, feels very free, just me and my melee weapon.  It also doesn't require me to interact with walls/other objects in the game.  Need to fly? Copter.  Need to go high?  Directional melee.  Plus you get in a flow with your melee weapon, Dual Ichors are probably my favorite weapon in the game mainly due to how familiar I am with it's coptering distance.  Not looking forward to this change.

That you say, are the reason on why they are fixing it, the movement from your melee comes from a bug...

With the new system we are going to see more diversity on melee weapons choose, no just for copter because a bug...

We are going to see new awesome mechanics that let you enjoy the game in another way, desingned for move, not dependent of your melee...

Thats the meta...

Not my problem if you're too stuck to coptering. Sprinting is quick enough.

Tough? Boo-hoo, a bug which wasn't removed is now being removed, I wanna go just as fast. Find another way, good grief. I don't see why you need massive incentive to look around. Appreciate the visuals at a slower pace instead of storming off ahead and leaving other people to deal with the carnage you've left behind.

Ahh, the never-ending cycle of telling other people how to play and what they can like or not like. I see the forums never change.

If you want to stop and look around, do so. No one's making you play his way. You're trying to make him play your way. You're the problem.

Ahh, the never-ending cycle of telling other people how to play and what they can like or not like. I see the forums never change.

If you want to stop and look around, do so. No one's making you play his way. You're trying to make him play your way. You're the problem.

Must be nice and high up on that horse of yours and quite cloudy too as you're clearly struggling to read...

I'm not trying to make him play 'my way'. I have no power to even make him play 'my way' so I'm not sure what sort of nonsense point you're attempting to make here. I'm telling him how it seems it is is going to be and some alternatives to get by with and to stop having such an 'all is lost' and 'the end is nigh' attitude. Saying 'find another way' isn't me telling him this is how he should be playing - it appears that's going to be the way he's going to have to play because it's being determined by the game developers. Absolutely nothing to do with me. Aside from that, God forbid one voices their opinion for it clearly may be too overbearing...

Either way I'm far from being this supposed problem you pulled from the air. The problem is that some people suddenly get a huff and decide they're going to leave because a bug, which became a 'feature', is being removed. That there's nothing left and they can no longer play. It's also that some people can't take a step back and just say 'Well, it was fun while it lasted', accept it and find an alternative. People do generally find alternatives inh this community.

I'll go a little further here and turn this 'forcing ones playstyle upon another' point on itself and towards the rushers. Those who do literally just drive on forward, ignore most of the enemies, complete the xyz objective and then sit at extraction are the ones who are forcing a very strict - and possibly punishing - playstyle on the rest of the team. The rest either have to keep up to get to extraction and/or deal with the masses of enemies in their comrades wake. Thing is, this is mainly a co-op game and it'd be nice to see people being considerate of others when playing co-op. A balance of give and take. Play solo you say? Same can be said for those who rush off and play as if they are on their own anyways.

Edited by Naith

It's interesting that it's only the non-rushers that are complaining about the rushers, not the other way around. Even though we have to deal with slow af guys who force the 60 seconds wait at extraction and make us wait at friendship doors, we deal with it fine.

I'll go a little further here and turn this 'forcing ones playstyle upon another' point on itself and towards the rushers. Those who do literally just drive on forward, ignore most of the enemies, complete the xyz objective and then sit at extraction are the ones who are forcing a very strict - and possibly punishing - playstyle on the rest of the team. The rest either have to keep up to get to extraction and/or deal with the masses of enemies in their comrades wake. Thing is, this is mainly a co-op game and it'd be nice to see people being considerate of others when playing co-op. A balance of give and take. Play solo you say? Same can be said for those who rush off and play as if they are on their own anyways.

There's no winner of this particular argument because it can be used by both sides.

It's interesting that it's only the non-rushers that are complaining about the rushers, not the other way around. Even though we have to deal with slow af guys who force the 60 seconds wait at extraction and make us wait at friendship doors, we deal with it fine.

There's no winner of this particular argument because it can be used by both sides.

Well it seems it's generally the rushers who will take off from the game as they can no longer copter. That's their complaint.

Yeah I'm aware of that argument being used by both sides. However, sitting at extraction for 60 seconds isn't that punishing. There isn't that much to complain about if that timer is ticking, as you'll eventually get your way regardless. It's in your hands.

The current parkour isn't that good at all, that is the main purpose of it getting a 2.0. Coptering momentum is a bug and later became a crutch for speed running since parkour wasn't providing that. You got more distance for less stamina with the bug. I think the new changes are going to be very good for the game.

I agree. I am a little concerned though that they are removing coptering, reason being that I personally do not think of coptering as a bug that was left in, but as a key feature of warframe. I don't only use coptering to get around faster but sometimes I just go into a mission with the express intention to copter, because I find it fun. That why I'm hoping it's a good sign for parkour 2.0, it's the devs saying they are confident it will be fun enough to make up for the missing coptering, I hope.

So it seems like most of the people who embrace copterings removal are the numbskulls who think PVP is the most important thing when this is primarily a PVE game. Sure coptering will make PVP more "Balanced" Until someone comes in with a lato vandel and kills you with a shot to the head, then you're gonna complain about that. Point is, coptering was an important part to many veteran players careers in this game, removing it is just gonna make people angry, like changing the star chart (aka Payday 2.0) But because I really really really wanted to make this joke I will

WE

ARE

ALL

DOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Not my problem if you're too stuck to coptering. Sprinting is quick enough. - Yes, sprinting is enough with Volt and maximum power "Speed", sprinting is VERY fun and VERY FAST :)

Tough? Boo-hoo, a bug which wasn't removed is now being removed and Volt is just too fast for you to keep up, I wanna go just as fast. Find another way, good grief. I don't see why you need massive incentive to look around at the tilesets you've seen a million times and probably explored on the first few playthroughs :). Appreciate the same visuals you've seen a lot before, but at a slower pace instead of storming off ahead and leaving other slowpokes to die.

:)

A new player on Mercury will do not need to catch up with experienced players. He's playing with fellow new players. That's Mercury. That's why we have progression in the game. Until he is experienced, he shall not play on high-level missions. Those low level missions are there for a REASON. He won't be playing on Pluto with experienced players. He'll be playing on Mercury, Venus, etc. Low level planets. By the time he reaches high-level missions he'll be experienced enough for them.

If he plays on high-level missions with experienced people while still being a new one, he's a hindrance to the squad and the completion of the mission objective. We're not here to carry new players. They need to learn how to play. Making them copter all the map just so they won't get left behind is NOT a good way of making them learn.

Also, I found out that taking my time on a mission, (No, not completely walking around and looking into every room. I'm talking about not copter-rushing a mission ASAP.) is way more enjoyable than copter-rushing. It takes the fun out of the game. So, by making them copter around just to keep up, we do not only keep them from getting more and more experienced, we also keep them from properly enjoying the game. I do not care if there's an alert on an unlocked node and they want taxi, or rushing to reach it. Then go and unlock every node. Stop relying on experienced players to carry you around, just because you are too lazy to unlock nodes.

You are ignoring the fact that game itself forces you to unlock every planet/node as fast as you can, why ?  because of random alerts and tactical alerts, for example person wants a vauban  well that person finally got lucky and there is alert with it but its on planet they dont have unlocked so they wont get it, and next time they have chance to get it may happen many months later since not everyone has time to be in game everyday and sometimes vauban alerts show up on hours inaccessible to person in that region. so best way to increase chance to get vauban without waiting months is to unlock all the planets/nods as quickly as you can.

Tactical alerts have exactly same problem if you dont want to miss out on unique weapon, mod, stance then unlock as quickly as you can otherwise you may end up waiting half a year to a year  for it to show up again.

As you can see you can miss out on a lot of things if you take your time, if people continue miss out stuff because they take their time then distance between experianced players and new players will be actually widening, remember that one of negative side effects of power creep is too big distance between veterans and noobs if there is no way for new player to keep up with veteran then game will become unattractive to new players and they quickly abandon it soon after trying it and warframe could end up with exactly same problem if people take their time.

Edited by Culaio

Wow, this thread wasn't satire after all.

- He called it fuel for a doom thread because he was making fun of the "OMG EVERYTHINGS GONNA SUCK THEYRE GONNA REMOVE WALLRUNNING AND MELEE AND ITLL JUST BE GENERIC COD SHOOTER WITH OLD GRAMPA NINJAS" uninformed overreaction threads that were absolutely certain to happen. Like this one.

- They most certainly did not trash wallrunning. What they trashed was the ugliness that we saw in the devstream before that, with dreadful animations and wall detection and all that-- i.e. no more crappiness; everything has been improved significantly.

Clearly fun should be allowed.

1411142877398.gif

Edited by Kinjeto