Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Am I Missing Something Or Are Excal's Ult Combos Useless?

WhiteCopain

So I've been testing out the new Excal ult, and I can't for the life of me figure out the point to doing the special combos on him. Just mashing E is far faster swing rate and blade beams then if I do the combos, and the combos don't seem to make the blade beams bigger or faster or stronger, nor do the attacks seem to do more damage, if anything, all they do is make him attack far slower then the default attack animation. Am I missing something special here? Cause the attacks, while not the greatest looking, do look fairly nice, but I just don't get how to make it really work.

I assumed that they did extra damage and I'm probably not going to practice them until someone tests out the multipliers (since I'm too lazy to do it myself). If they really do no extra damage or have no additional effect, then... that's a shame. Kinda pointless to have extra combos when quick button-mashing can get the same job done better.

IMO, Excal finally has the awesome ult he needed. I mean, seriously, a bag of swords that impale everything as previous ult? before he felt more like a spearman, rather than a swordsman, and now he feels like a jedi-samurai (energy-blade that comes out of literally nowhere? lightsabers!) as he should be. Excalibur is a sword-themed, melee-focused frame, and the current rewamp gave him this perfectly. Love the update so far.

IMO, Excal finally has the awesome ult he needed. I mean, seriously, a bag of swords that impale everything as previous ult? before he felt more like a spearman, rather than a swordsman, and now he feels like a jedi-samurai (energy-blade that comes out of literally nowhere? lightsabers!) as he should be. Excalibur is a sword-themed, melee-focused frame, and the current rewamp gave him this perfectly. Love the update so far.

That's got nothing to do with the topic.

I do know that some of the combos make bigger energy waves that hit more enemies.

You don't know that, because it doesn't. I've been testing them over and over in the practice area of relays. The blades have the same visual and hit box (Still slide by if I go close).

My notes from testing

Lancing Justice

Energy Wave

>Has a chance to proc Punc/Slash/Impact on every slash.

Virtuous Slash

Energy Wave

>Has a greater chance to Proc Punc/Slash Damage on last Hit

>Sometimes my damage would double randomly.

Equal Laceration

Energy Wave

>??????

Nothing out the normal, has pun/impact/slash proc chance on each wave

Hit

>Last hit causes ragdoll/knockdown

Virtuous slash:

does like 1.1x damage on its third attack

last hit doesnt follow the reticle and seems to go down - up by the right side missing the target

Cutting poise:

like 1.9x on third attack

Equal lasceration:

Last hit procs blast

Edited by rockscl