Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade And The Syndicate Superpower

9tailboy

Not sure wether or not this was intentional, but before hotfix 16.9.3, I was able to use the bright purity mod into exalted blade and rack up some epic damage combined, plus as long as exalted blade was on, the syndicate power stacked, granting my tons of health bonus stacks.

Now after hotfix 16.9.3, I cannot activate syndicate power using exalted blade, not sure if this was a bug, but I checked the update build notes and said nothing about it, only thing close was "Exalted blade and some melee mods did not line up" or some crap like that, BUT I WAS HAVING TONS OF FUN AGAINST LEVEL 30+ GRINEER!

Anyways, just asking, and asking if you guys would want syndicate powers to be usuable for exalted blade, I liked how I could use bright purity with it, so why not?

The radial, elemental effects from Syndicate mods shouldn't really charge up and activate during Exalted Blade since you're technically wielding another weapon (just like when Hysteria is active). Hell, Exalted Blade even has its own stance to further differentiate it from other weapons (again, just like Hysteria).

You could also argue that mod effects such as Bright Purity's "+100% melee damage" should only apply to the mod's designated weapon (Skana, in this case), but I'd say that's a more debatable point because it leads to gameplay quandaries such as one weapon being "the best", etc.

Edited by Ailith

It was not intentional. Some melee mods weren't correctly transferring over, and in an attempt to fix them, some mods that were not suppose to carry their full capacity over (or at all) were implemented. Stances and Syndicate mods for example.

I'm perfectly fine without the Syndicate augment mods carrying over all their traits.

The radial, elemental effects from Syndicate mods shouldn't really charge up and activate during Exalted Blade since you're technically wielding another weapon (just like when Hysteria is active). Hell, Exalted Blade even has its own stance to further differentiate it from other weapons (again, just like Hysteria).

You could also argue that mod effects such as Bright Purity's "+100% melee damage" should only apply to the mod's designated weapon (Skana, in this case), but I'd say that's a more debatable point because it leads to gameplay quandaries such as one weapon being "the best", etc.

It was not intentional. Some melee mods weren't correctly transferring over, and in an attempt to fix them, some mods that were not suppose to carry their full capacity over (or at all) were implemented. Stances and Syndicate mods for example.

I'm perfectly fine without the Syndicate augment mods carrying over all their traits.

Syndicate procs were never intended to be activated during Exalted Blade, sorry. It was a bug.

D:

:C

It was fun. I liked it better when Syndicate procs worked with Exalted Blade, though I guess I can see why that wasn't intentional. Shame, really. :D

:D

Wait so regarding Syndicate melee augments there's something I'd just like to confirm. The little 'aoe' counter doesn't build up any more, but does EB still take over the %100 damage increase or does it ignore that too?

Edited by Naith

Wait so regarding Syndicate melee augments there's something I'd just like to confirm. The little 'aoe' counter doesn't build up any more, but does EB still take over the %100 damage increase or does it ignore that too?

i dont think so anymore. They should make some new interface for exalted blade where we can put mods on it, so we know which work and which doesnt, cuz this system right now is a bit of mess. Im sure they are going to fix it some way or other thoug. Its just a matter of time.

I really loved the Idea that EVERY melee weapon works fine in Excals hands.

Bright Purity's +100% melee damage?

Silva & Aegis lost... again... as always... a shame...

Lol yea, I believe they are working on a new sword and shield+stance

Luckily for you, I encountered the syndicate exalted blade bug again, somehow after the hotfix, here are some pictures, also I am sure that the stat effect doesn't work but the AOE does, which is nice.

Pictures(I haven't put up any damage numbers, I just found the bug again and wanted to take it quick):

gxknhDb.jpg

Z2V8Hsc.jpg

fbRzldz.jpg

XakrGsr.jpg

Ogxlnhm.jpg