The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee: Will You Even Equip It?

PookieNumnums

When you say "equip", do you mean in the arsenal, or switching to full melee mode (as opposed to quick melee)?

If the former, even with coptering/directional melee taken out of the equation, I would never go on a mission without a melee weapon - gotta have a backup in case I run out of ammo and energy, and also something I can smash crates with without wasting ammo. 

If the latter, I never go full melee because it takes approximately eighty years to switch back to my gun if I suddenly need to shoot something. Unless Parkor 2.0 miraculously comes with improved weapon swap speed, this isn't about to change. (inb4 "speed holster": because obviously there aren't higher priority mods competing for the aura slot, right? Right.)

OP, that logic is really weird. Why would you not bring a melee weapon and gimp yourself? There are times when shooting at hordes of enemies up in your face don't cut it but melee does. Even certain frame powers don't help much.

I think he is trying to talk about having the melee out during missio as in having it drawn.

In which case I do that with rhino all the time for solo runs

Melee > Fire Arms. Fire Arms can't deal finisher damage that ignores armor, neither it can heal you. Well, steel meridian proc can, and maybe furis mod from loka, but that's it...

Rage + Life Strike is my new Core Meta for all frames. Just in case, ya know.

I think he is trying to talk about having the melee out during missio as in having it drawn.

In which case I do that with rhino all the time for solo runs

No, he isn't. He is talking about using melee as mobility since we still have coptering. When movement 2.0 arrives, our mobility won't be tied to the fastest weapon anymore. He is saying it would be pointless to equip and bring melee because coptering extremely far with it will be dead.

There are lots of players in the game that use melee a majority of the time for mobility and parkour enhancement rather than for damage output.

With the introduction of parkour 2.0, that wont be the case.

Will you still equip melee? Im thinking i probably wont. Reducing the amount of melee love out there doesnt seem like a good investment.

Wow...

I melee only to melee I used dex Dakra with my Valkyr and just use acrobatics and rip line to move around, the parkour 2.0 is more than welcome and won't make me feel like melee is useless

Just wow...

those who don;t need to use melee much and depend on it mostly for the coptering have never played the game at its most difficult, especially when solo and with some of the past tactical alerts.

melee when modded with a properly forma'd  manual weapon is a peak of dependability for finishers and knockdowns for damage multipliers on-the-go for those that cannot headshot every second.

i am so amused these days lately seeing the coptering-dependant warframe gamers whine like spoiled amateurs X}