Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genetically Modified Lamb With Jellyfish Protein Accidentally Sold As Meat In Paris

Zareek

why would you cross a Sheep with a Jellyfish?

i don't see any benefits.

also, yeah, that IS Meat. just not the Meat that you think it is.

The protein is all that matters and jellyfish is a common candidate for genetic modification. Once its inside the body and the gene for that protein is expressed, there isnt anything in the body saying "this is a jellyfish take it out". It just happens to be a lamb with slightly transparent flesh???

Its in there FOR SCIENCE. Luckily the person who ate it will be ok

The protein is all that matters and jellyfish is a common candidate for genetic modification. Once its inside the body and the gene for that protein is expressed, there isnt anything in the body saying "this is a jellyfish take it out". It just happens to be a lamb with slightly transparent flesh???

Its in there FOR SCIENCE. Luckily the person who ate it will be ok

Or he will grow tentacles and be in the next live action hentai movie.

protein

yes... but why?

Meat is already almost entirely comprised of Protein already...

adding a different kind of Protein i guess could have some use... but it's questionable.

or you could just eat Jellyfish. i'd prefer to have both anyways, both are awesome. wouldn't want to not be able to eat both.

yes... but why?

Meat is already almost entirely comprised of Protein already...

adding a different kind of Protein i guess could have some use... but it's questionable.

or you could just eat Jellyfish. i'd prefer to have both anyways, both are awesome. wouldn't want to not be able to eat both.

According to the article, they spliced in genes from a jellyfish in order to make the skin transparent. This allowed them to examine the organs (specifically the heart) under completely normal circumstances.

The lamb then somehow got accidentally sent to a slaughterhouse.

According to the article, they spliced in genes from a jellyfish in order to make the skin transparent. This allowed them to examine the organs (specifically the heart) under completely normal circumstances.

The lamb then somehow got accidentally sent to a slaughterhouse.

So a skinless lamb was sent to a slaughterhouse and NO ONE saw a problem with that?

K.

So a skinless lamb was sent to a slaughterhouse and NO ONE saw a problem with that?

K.

The lamb had skin, which would have been translucent.

The lamb also had wool, which would not.

For surgeries, all hair/fur/wool is shaved from the area, meaning that transparent wool was not needed from the GM.

This allowed them to examine the organs

hrm.

this doesn't seem particularly productive.

the Skin on a living thing isn't the only thing occluding you from seeing internals.

i mean, seriously. who thinks that if you were to flay your Skin off that you'd be able to see all of your Organs?

the Muscle structure of living things is like a rubber suit. it covers up... pretty much everything.

and i suppose i probably should have just read the article instead of asking that question, sorry.