Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Your First Impressions Of The Karak Wraith?

Just curious how everyone is liking their Karak Wraiths so far!

I personally love the structural look of the gun, but I hate the colors!

I think this gun sounds beast when you fire it, especially if you slap some fire rate mods on it!

I think this gun will be a good low level to mid level weapon for Tenno. I just don't see this thing being used in T4 anytime soon.

Idea: The magazine looks like a Carrier sentinel. I think it would be cool to add a rare mod just for this weapon into the game drop table called "Ammo Sweeper". Basically it would be like the Carrier sentinel, but it would only suck up rifle ammo. This + Rifle Mutagen mod = never run out of ammo, and equip a new companion for other utility benefit. Maybe this mod could also add a small chance that picked up ammo will go right back into the clip and not just the reserve ammo?

Thoughts?

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

I like the sound of it, but the damage numbers look sad. Would have much preferred my Dera Vandal, stats and aesthetics.

You do realise that Dera vandal and karak wraith has same base damage 30. Karak is better as this base 30 is shared with all physical damages, unlike dera vandal wich has 23.3 puncture. EDIT: Also karak wraith has polarity, dera doesnt have polarity.

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

You do realise that Dera vandal and karak wraith has same base damage 30. Karak is better as this base 30 is shared with all physical damages, unlike dera vandal wich has 23.3 puncture. EDIT: Also karak wraith has polarity, dera doesnt have polarity.

I'll take puncture over impact any day, week, month, or year.

You do realise that Dera vandal and karak wraith has same base damage 30. Karak is better as this base 30 is shared with all physical damages, unlike dera vandal wich has 23.3 puncture. EDIT: Also karak wraith has polarity, dera doesnt have polarity

no polarity? so what? i can forma so no problem here

Now returning to topic.. i didnt even modded my karak xD so i think that says what i think about it

no polarity? so what? i can forma so no problem here

Now returning to topic.. i didnt even modded my karak xD so i think that says what i think about it

Well advantage is, that dera needs one forma to be even with karak. Regardless, both are in same stance in terms of general game. Good for low up to mid tier missions, can be taken max for T3 after few forma.

I've tested it against the Braton enough and it's the same thing as Braton Prime only with different type of damages.

35 vs 30 base but since one have +2 fire rate the end DPS is the same.

You'll find Braton Prime to be more usefull against Armoreds and Infesteds but my only 2 Formaed Karak Wraith was able to fight in the Void up to Level 70 with a simple 4 Status Build (and Ammo Mutation, I always go Ammo Mutation).

So, if you like the Rifle, it's pretty much End-Game if you ask me.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

Its really nice IMO, people should stop expecting every event weapon to be like boltor prime or soma prime

That's sort of my issue with it, at least the soma comparison anyways.

automatic impact based rifles all feel the same to an extent, I disliked the soma and surprise surprise.. I dislike the Karak Wraith, though I do like it more than the other mpact rifles. I will give it some credit. Though I'd rather have slash or puncture, since their procs are actually useful.

Slash causes bleed, and puncture reduces the enemy's damage output. Impact has its uses, but I prefer the others over it.

Edited by Aoden

That's sort of my issue with it, at least the soma comparison anyways.

automatic impact based rifles all feel the same to an extent, I disliked the soma and surprise surprise.. I dislike the Karak Wraith, though I do like it more than the other mpact rifles. I will give it some credit. Though I'd rather have slash or puncture, since their procs are actually useful.

Slash causes bleed, and puncture reduces the enemy's damage output. Impact has its uses, but I prefer the others over it.

soma is slash weapon

just sayin :P

also impact is good for CC that matters mor on high-end content - slap wraith with blast mod ir for status and then one sweep for the wave of mobs and whats not lying on the ground have issues with aiming at anything :P

PC players were disappointed because of the hype and found out it was semi-decent, but not the upper tier. So it's fodder.

People wanted it to be super buffed like the latron wraith, it didn't happen. Of course some people can claim they're happy, but I haven't seen a karak wraith used in a raid or an upper T4 mission unless it was for ranking up purposes. The weapon has basically died out of these places.

Edited by ivlr3vil

PC players were disappointed because of the hype and found out it was semi-decent, but not the upper tier. So it's fodder.

People wanted it to be super buffed like the latron wraith, it didn't happen. Of course some people can claim they're happy, but I haven't seen a karak wraith used in a raid or an upper T4 mission unless it was for ranking up purposes. The weapon has basically died out of these places.

Rare but not dead. I'm using it on Nova in preference to Soma Prime due to the higher base damage synergy with AMD, and hitscan and accuracy difference compared to the overused Boltor Prime. Furthermore, the damage it pumps out @ 5 forma is enough for level 120+ enemies to be chewed through sustainably, especially in groups with punch through.

Edit: drunk gun mix-ups.

Edited by Bernkastal

Rare but not dead. I'm using it on Nova in preference to Soma Prime due to the higher base damage synergy with AMD, and hitscan and accuracy difference compared to the overused Boltor Prime. Furthermore, the damage it pumps out @ 5 forma is enough for level 120+ enemies to be chewed through sustainably, especially in groups with punch through.

Edit: drunk gun mix-ups.

Well, if you were going for an AMD build you should have just gone with the phage. Read up on it via the wiki, it will most definitely outclass your karak wraith.

Edited by ivlr3vil