Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Are there any Guides on Xbox? I've seen none.

theclinton is a Guide on XB1.

I guess the best way I can put it is that, if you don't feel the system is necessary, it wasn't really intended for you in the first place. If you think it's unnecessary, odds are you're someone who has already put some time into the game. You know what you're doing, you know the mechanics, you know what's best to use in what situation, you know about the wiki and youtube and other external sources of information.

But some players don't, especially newer ones. They don't know nearly as much as veterans do, and they no doubt have questions about things. That's why we're here -- to help them out when they're first diving into things. It can be pretty daunting getting into Warframe when you don't know what's going on, so hopefully we can make that a little more comfortable for them.

Nothing personal against theclinton, Im sure hes busy, but I never see him on x1........

X1 needs(a lot more) GotL/ComMods......

N

O

A

W

- You have at least 200 hours of gameplay logged.

- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.

- You are active on the official Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile (30-Day    

temporary warning points will not count if they have expired).

-Well..I have like over 200+ on Steam though.

-Extensive knowledge and keep up date to the latest? I try to keep updated on content as much knowledge I don't know though.

-Active on Forum just that I don't forum or reply much.

- You have at least 200 hours of gameplay logged.

- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.

- You are active on the official Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile (30-Day

temporary warning points will not count if they have expired).

-Well..I have like over 200+ on Steam though.

-Extensive knowledge and keep up date to the latest? I try to keep updated on content as much knowledge I don't know though.

-Active on Forum just that I don't forum or reply much.

Read the post below

This is a FAQ thread, not a potential recruitment thread

If you have an interest in becoming a Guide, just start visiting the forums and chat often, answer questions, help newbies etc. Get noticed and show that you could be a good guide, and if you do good enough you might get invited.

EDIT: To quote a moderately famous meme going on in the internet right now,

JUST DO IT

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Sooo... I need to have good reputation on the forums, to have any chance of being invited in to the program?

No more than 1 warning point, and just make good, constructive posts.

Nothing personal against theclinton, Im sure hes busy, but I never see him on x1........

N

O

A

W

Xbox will no doubt get more Guides! PC has the most right now, and more console Guides are definitely planned.

N

O

A

W

As far as I can tell, Devoid is the only active guide on PS4, Crackle hasn't been on for a while now and I haven't seen [DE]Lex anywhere, we can safely say that Console versions need many more guides, not just the Xbox version.

As far as I can tell, Devoid is the only active guide on PS4, Crackle hasn't been on for a while now and I haven't seen [DE]Lex anywhere, we can safely say that Console versions need many more guides, not just the Xbox version.

1) how many GotL are there on the other platforms?

2) this is exactly why I said we need them on x1

N

O

A

W

Lol

According to the wiki, here are the numbers:

21 on PC

2 on PS4

1 on XBONE

Don't know how accurate this is, but it's what I could find.

Thats it, its also in the first post in this thread.

Im forever alone on the XB1 until I can find a protégé

According to the wiki, here are the numbers:

21 on PC

2 on PS4

1 on XBONE

Don't know how accurate this is, but it's what I could find.

3 on PS4 (Devoid, Lex, Crackle) but 1 active (devoid)

Edit: It says French/English for Lex, maybe he's just more active in french region?

Edited by (PS4)RyanRFC12345

I seen Devoid only, And yes u r right we need more guide on PS4 that r active( I mean in game active because some new players aren't gone to forms for help) and maybe Xbox because 1 really 

and i have a idea to do that people that played more 300 or 500 or 200 hrs can be guides if they play the game 90% of the time example I played 1000 hours in warframe and that's true.   

Edited by (PS4)thebatmantyler

I seen Devoid only, And yes u r right we need more guide on PS4 that r active and maybe Xbox because 1 really 

and i have a idea to do that people that played more 300 or 500 or 200 hrs can be guides if they play the game 90% of the time example I played 1000 hours in warframe and that's true.   

There's a 200h playtime requirement. Not sure if I'm understanding you right but are you trying to say people with certain playtime should be able to volunteer to be a guide? If so, I'd disagree since it would attract people who just want the sigil.

However, I do agree that we should get more than 1 guide a month, since there are currently very few guides and even less are active. 

I seen Devoid only, And yes u r right we need more guide on PS4 that r active( I mean in game active because some new players aren't gone to forms for help) and maybe Xbox because 1 really 

There's a 200h playtime requirement. Not sure if I'm understanding you right but are you trying to say people with certain playtime should be able to volunteer to be a guide? If so, I'd disagree since it would attract people who just want the sigil.

However, I do agree that we should get more than 1 guide a month, since there are currently very few guides and even less are active. 

It is 500h and no recruitment is still only though staff and senior guides, this list was just put there so people know what we are looking for.

Edited by Saske92

Unfortunately I am unable to be on everyday.

Since Crackle mainly resides in PC these days, I'm mostly left to my own devices. I should get an assistant soon, at least.

In regards to this and other's concerns about me not being on that much lately.  

Correction - I am almost mastery 19 on PS4, and I have actually been on as much as possible.  The only time I am on PC more than the PS4 version is if I am testing bugs that I find on the forums-- which is actually quite alot.

I do feel really bad however, because I have hardly ever actually utilized my GOTL priveleges.  I help Region/trade chat moderate when I can, but after doing that, then helping squash bugs on PC Warframe, and cross referencing with bugs that I find on PS4, help moderate the forums. If I actually spend any time in the relay answering questions, I won't actually ever be able to play a single mission that I need to complete, like... ever....

I have helped a couple people, but now I feel really bad, as I am just reading this for the first time.  For those of you who say you don't see me on much.  Also, I apologize, Devoid.  

If this means I need to drop my GOTL status, then that is A-OK.  I will help people when I can anyhow!

I consider 90% of my help to the community by talking to people (usually privately) about bugs they find and reporting them to the correct people.  -- but I do understand that this is not exactly what the GOTL calls for.

I am going to address this immediately!

:-) 

In regards to this and other's concerns about me not being on that much lately.  

Correction - I am almost mastery 19 on PS4, and I have actually been on as much as possible.  The only time I am on PC more than the PS4 version is if I am testing bugs that I find on the forums-- which is actually quite alot.

I do feel really bad however, because I have hardly ever actually utilized my GOTL priveleges.  I help Region/trade chat moderate when I can, but after doing that, then helping squash bugs on PC Warframe, and cross referencing with bugs that I find on PS4, help moderate the forums. If I actually spend any time in the relay answering questions, I won't actually ever be able to play a single mission that I need to complete, like... ever....

I have helped a couple people, but now I feel really bad, as I am just reading this for the first time.  For those of you who say you don't see me on much.  Also, I apologize, Devoid.  

If this means I need to drop my GOTL status, then that is A-OK.  I will help people when I can anyhow!

I consider 90% of my help to the community by talking to people (usually privately) about bugs they find and reporting them to the correct people.  -- but I do understand that this is not exactly what the GOTL calls for.

I am going to address this immediately!

:-)

Good to see you making progress :D

Nice to see a statement from you about that. You shouldn't feel bad- Reading that post, I think you are clearly helping as much as possible.

Absolutely, no problem & thank you!

Also, please know that if you guys don't see me in the relays helping much -- It's because I am literally helping in other ways such as gathering bugs for PC/PS4 and even sometimes XB1 even though I don't own one / moderating forums.

If concerns continue to arise about my "lack of help in the relays" on PC or PS4 etc... even with the help of additional guides, please let me know!  

I will do whatever I need to do for the good of the community.  If that meens dropping something else to GOTL more, or dropping GOTL to moderate more, then that is what I will do!  

Thanks guys :-)

BTW -- Did I mention that PS4 Council chat is probably the coolest place, in warframe.. ever?