Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Rework?

The_Furfather

Guys and gals, I've been maining with Saryn since u9. But as it stands, I feel guilty every time I run around with her, especially at higher levels. Why? There's someone generally fitting a role better than she does. She can't really cc, unless you have her built to spam miasma for that pitiful 3 second stun. She's certainly not support, and she is slightly tanky.

Only real build that I'm aware of is nuking with Miasma(the rawest form being max strength, min duration), and even that has negative consequences. It doesn't really finish the job most of the time at high levels(without spamming), but it also melts the bodies Nekros might desecrate (wouldn't surprise me if there were other conflicts. M Prime?). Keeping this build in mind, the other abilities are near useless due to lack of duration. Venom? Good luck shooting one orb before they disappear. You could take the Molt augment for a heal, at best.

And then there's the elephant in the room that I need to mention - Contagion. It's complete garbage. Sure, I could build a melee Saryn (start laughing anytime, as there are way better frames to choose for this role), but this thing might as well be useless, even with the augment.

I've stayed quiet about this for quite some time. I would really appreciate if something was done about this. At the very least, make miasma clash less with other frame abilities. Perhaps try to find an alternative to Contagion. She feels like no-one really knew what to do with her, and she's been slapped together quickly. While that's fine to test the waters, I feel like the waters are a bit muddy at this point. I honestly don't know if this discussion will ever reach the light of day, but I would like to see something done.

I feel a rework is indeed needed, but the community doesn't point it out as much due to the huge amout of damage the miasma spam build provides.

I still have hopes that she may be the next in line after Frost, even more with the probably primed version coming.

Edited by xlraistlx

I feel a rework is indeed needed, but the community doesn't point it out as much due to the huge amout of damage the miasma spam build provides.

I still have hopes that she may be the next in line after Frost, even more with the probably primed version coming.

That is true. They could very well be putting it off until Saryn Prime. Here's hoping.

I'm not sure about that. She might be out next year. I think there's more chance for Trinity + Valkyr this year.

Edited by (PS4)Artennos

regen molt on a rage + duration/strength saryn. there's your viable tanky build.

unfortunately, while it's great for her first 3 abilities, it cripples miasma (if you have NM on). hopefully duration will stop affecting it, i have no idea why it does anyways

Guys and gals, I've been maining with Saryn since u9. But as it stands, I feel guilty every time I run around with her, especially at higher levels. Why? There's someone generally fitting a role better than she does. She can't really cc, unless you have her built to spam miasma for that pitiful 3 second stun. She's certainly not support, and she is slightly tanky.

Only real build that I'm aware of is nuking with Miasma(the rawest form being max strength, min duration), and even that has negative consequences. It doesn't really finish the job most of the time at high levels(without spamming), but it also melts the bodies Nekros might desecrate (wouldn't surprise me if there were other conflicts. M Prime?). Keeping this build in mind, the other abilities are near useless due to lack of duration. Venom? Good luck shooting one orb before they disappear. You could take the Molt augment for a heal, at best.

And then there's the elephant in the room that I need to mention - Contagion. It's complete garbage. Sure, I could build a melee Saryn (start laughing anytime, as there are way better frames to choose for this role), but this thing might as well be useless, even with the augment.

I've stayed quiet about this for quite some time. I would really appreciate if something was done about this. At the very least, make miasma clash less with other frame abilities. Perhaps try to find an alternative to Contagion. She feels like no-one really knew what to do with her, and she's been slapped together quickly. While that's fine to test the waters, I feel like the waters are a bit muddy at this point. I honestly don't know if this discussion will ever reach the light of day, but I would like to see something done.

The problem with Saryn is that - % duration mods weren't planned for when she was released. She was supposed to do DoT with Miasma.

However, since many players disliked that idea, I offer the following options:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452337-saryn-ability-changes-for-scalability/

With the excall rework the rework wave's begun. There is almost the all frames on the list because they are all almost weaker on very high levels because of the scaling and they need some tweaks for be more useful on higher levels.

My opinion is with this reworks and "balances" until they not change their philosophy of balances and instead making more higher hp/armor/shield each the tennos each the enemies they could make viable more build to change the mod system slightly turn the useless mods into useful and make a better more tactical AI. This game contains a lot rng but it's mostly the drops and stupid spawns inside you and the fun is only pure slaughtering atm without much meaning. They could change the environment and makes more random in game events like lights off, biohazard, time trials, some fixed reward and more traps.

Before these things I feel any balance just makes a circles and sometimes the "balanced" frames/weapons turn into useless again. Simple they just not need to make much more op weapons and frames which turns the first generations useless. Maybe this affect their profit making because many peoples buying weapons and if those stuffs not so strong then they will flame everywhere.

Hard to balance a game which basicaly made to unbalanced.

Oddly enough, I actually like Saryn's current setup with the exception of Venom, I use her all the time and that's the only ability I don't use due to how unnecessary and awkward it is.

Molt is absolutely brilliant, it completely nails the elusive nature of Saryn's theme, leaving skin-afterimages while she obliterates people elsewhere -likely with a giant melee weapon that's had Contagion slapped onto it.

On that topic, I know melee is quite undervalued and underwhelming at times, but it's the venomous fangs to her snake-like theme; shedding her skin so people are attacking her afterimage whilst she flanks them with a poisonous melee.

Miasma -while relatively plain- is still functional, it's just when someone says 'Miasma' I think of a poisonous mist, not a nuke, which would be the only thing I'd change.

You have to keep in mind that each warframe has their own play style, their own theme, and they're not going to mesh with everyone.

With Saryn, you're given the tools to slip out of engagements for a moment to deliver a smackdown and then keep moving.

Oddly enough, I actually like Saryn's current setup with the exception of Venom, I use her all the time and that's the only ability I don't use due to how unnecessary and awkward it is.

Molt is absolutely brilliant, it completely nails the elusive nature of Saryn's theme, leaving skin-afterimages while she obliterates people elsewhere -likely with a giant melee weapon that's had Contagion slapped onto it.

On that topic, I know melee is quite undervalued and underwhelming at times, but it's the venomous fangs to her snake-like theme; shedding her skin so people are attacking her afterimage whilst she flanks them with a poisonous melee.

Miasma -while relatively plain- is still functional, it's just when someone says 'Miasma' I think of a poisonous mist, not a nuke, which would be the only thing I'd change.

You have to keep in mind that each warframe has their own play style, their own theme, and they're not going to mesh with everyone.

With Saryn, you're given the tools to slip out of engagements for a moment to deliver a smackdown and then keep moving.

asa melee player I'd love to have saryn be a sort of assassin type poison melee frame, but as she currently stands she is not suited for that role

Not sure what people are doing or what mobs they're fighting then, because my melee Saryn was working a charm against the mobs in the Emergency Exit 2, tac alert.

If it's about fighting level 100 mobs, that's more a problem to do with endgame enemy scaling and such rather than any fault of ability/frame design.

as a saryn main player i tink saryn rework should orbit on the next concepts:

High defense frame (originally she had more armor than frost and rhino)

Leaning on the slow moving side (natural counter for such a resilent frame)

Melee/DoT oriented (all her skills on papper where supoused to work like this)

Stats:

HP 150 (450 max rank)

Armor (155 sould be buffed to 350)

Power 100 ( 300 max rank)

Energy 100 (150 max rank)

sprint 0.95

Venom (should be name changed to contagion) should stay the same with just a small change. Sores should always explode when an enemy dies AND be easier to destroy (specially on melee range) that aside leave them as they are

Molt: just make the regeneration mod part of it, and perhaps increase the aggro pull range a little bit

Contagion (should be totally reworked, theres plenty of ideas for this one but my favorite its to become a self buff to increase armor AND each time you are atacked on melee range create a small AoE area of damage around you by X amount of the damage recieved (acidic alien blood splash anyone?)

Miasma: should become a toggle, each X amount of time doing a damage tic that can proc corrosive, that way saryn becomes a close combat melee tank with a heavy direcion of DoT as she is supoused to be, capable of dishing out the damage, take it and move around as the deadly flower she is

as a saryn main player i tink saryn rework should orbit on the next concepts:

High defense frame (originally she had more armor than frost and rhino)

Leaning on the slow moving side (natural counter for such a resilent frame)

Melee/DoT oriented (all her skills on papper where supoused to work like this)

Stats:

HP 150 (450 max rank)

Armor (155 sould be buffed to 350)

Power 100 ( 300 max rank)

Energy 100 (150 max rank)

sprint 0.95

Venom (should be name changed to contagion) should stay the same with just a small change. Sores should always explode when an enemy dies AND be easier to destroy (specially on melee range) that aside leave them as they are

Molt: just make the regeneration mod part of it, and perhaps increase the aggro pull range a little bit

Contagion (should be totally reworked, theres plenty of ideas for this one but my favorite its to become a self buff to increase armor AND each time you are atacked on melee range create a small AoE area of damage around you by X amount of the damage recieved (acidic alien blood splash anyone?)

Miasma: should become a toggle, each X amount of time doing a damage tic that can proc corrosive, that way saryn becomes a close combat melee tank with a heavy direcion of DoT as she is supoused to be, capable of dishing out the damage, take it and move around as the deadly flower she is

I'm not sure if she was meant to be a melee frame, it doesnt really seem to suit her current kit minus contagion

I'm not sure if she was meant to be a melee frame, it doesnt really seem to suit her current kit minus contagion

contagion molt and miasma are actually in the melee range area...tink about it.

One its damage bonus buff (more specifically melee range)

The other a decoy that stays in the place you activate, it also has a small aggro mechanic with an area blast with DoT(very small range mind you, precicely to use, reposition yourself and keep your close combat)

An ulti with the smallest range from all other ultis (as far as i know almost all if not all are 20 meters and more, miasma its 15 meters max range)

So i would say saryn its more of a melee mid range frame, many other frames are mid long range

Miasma as a cloud sounds perfect for what the ability sounds like it's supposed to do, if Saryn then had at least Chroma-level armour she'd be damn near perfect.

Though I sort of want Contagion to be easier to use, faster casting or a toggle or something, I never feel like I have time to use it as much as I want to.

contagion molt and miasma are actually in the melee range area...tink about it.

One its damage bonus buff (more specifically melee range)

The other a decoy that stays in the place you activate, it also has a small aggro mechanic with an area blast with DoT(very small range mind you, precicely to use, reposition yourself and keep your close combat)

An ulti with the smallest range from all other ultis (as far as i know almost all if not all are 20 meters and more, miasma its 15 meters max range)

So i would say saryn its more of a melee mid range frame, many other frames are mid long range

yeah but venom clashes with the melee theory, and also miasma has a pretty good range from what I have seen.

honestly I think it be cool if there was a way to make saryn appeal to melee players (like myself) and non melee players. will bat a few ideas around in my head for a while, will post my suggestion when I think I have something

regen molt on a rage + duration/strength saryn. there's your viable tanky build.

unfortunately, while it's great for her first 3 abilities, it cripples miasma (if you have NM on). hopefully duration will stop affecting it, i have no idea why it does anyways

Ran some tests with this on a 40 min T2S. Just using primed cont, rather than nm.

The str/dur regen molt build is a bit more viable in a team-based environment and definitely ups her survivability late game. Making use of Miasma's 3 second stun as a medium-range panic button to either let a few undisturbed heal ticks go off/res others. I think I'll be using this in place of nuking for now. Thanks for the suggestion. This will tide me over a bit better until she's touched up.

Contagion is the equivalent of Excalibur's super jump, a near useless ability.

I hope that when Saryn does get reworked, Miasma becomes her third ability and she gets a new ultimate that will make her much more powerful, and she could use an armor buff to compliment her high health pool.

I love using Saryn but as of now she is not as useful as any of the other frames.

Saryn, according to her page https://warframe.com/game/warframes?id=Saryn, is supposed to be an elusive damage frame.

As such: Saryn should be spreading deseise across the battlefield while making the enemy confused as to exactly where she is.

That in mind-

Venom, if used on an unaware enemy, should not make the enemies aware of your presence. 

Molt's aggro grab could be quite a bit stronger to really pull folks off of saryn OR give saryn two seconds of invisibility after it's cast to elude enemies.

Contagion needs to last WAY longer and perhaps even affect all of her weapons not just melee. Perhaps make it a toggle that drains energy.

Miasma needs to be reworked so it doesn't work inversely with duration but works positively with it so it can still pack a serious punch without mucking up the rest of her kit.

I'd also like to see her given a passive effect where she leaves behind a poisonous cloud from any enemy she kills.

Similar to her new augment..but for every kill of any kind not just melee during contagion.