Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Simulor Useless?

ShawnV2

i can't easily use it since i use my mousewheel to use powers, so i need to use C or caps lock to detonate them. even without forma the simulor is really powerful, detonating the orbs deals 100% stunning electric damage as well as pretty high damage numbers. 

The DoT only kicks in once you stack 5 spheres and create a vortex. That said the range and damage isn't really worth it.

actually no, it has a DoT with just 2, its just very small, and gets bigger with each new ball added. 

Played with all of the guns and I can say in confidence that it's pretty bad, Bronco tier bad even. You can tell that DE didn't want the vortex utility to overstep Vaub's ult but they made too weak. It does have a great permastun option but even then the handling, with its short range and unreliable mechanic, is just abysmal.

The Simulor's detonation AoE range is too small to justify maunal detonation, unless you are looking for AoE electric stun.

The Orb Fusion AoE has a much larger radius and seems to be a larger base damage and higher crit chance.

I would consider the Simulor to be an Unorthodox Crit weapon like Mutalist Quanta. Mutalist Quanta performs well with Crit damage mods using Alt-fire but gains no noticiable benefit from Crit chance mods.

-Mutalist Quanta Orbs appear to add Flat crit chance to non-continous attacks projectiles[with limitations: Bows like dread and Paris Prine cannot red crit through Mutalist Quanta orbs, Crit less weapons Seer/Miter/Panthera-primary fire seem to have around 30-40% crit chance...most other weapons seem to have near 60%+ crit chance when fired through orbs)

(Panthera alt-fire, Harpak & Paracyst harpoon alt-fire, and continous beam weapons treat Orb as an object wall and need punch-through to damage past orb, but do not gain crit nor radiation damage from orb)

Simulor seems to deal the most damage by just spamming orbs for the Fusion AoE damage which also kills inside Nullifier Bubbles.

Gameplay wise I look at the Simulor as being a hybrid between Castanas and the Stug.

-Orbs do not deal contact damage like Castanas and can be manually detonated with guaranteed electric proc

-Orbs can be stacked for DoT and also create a large AoE attack on fusion which is somewhat like the Stug without ability of charging

I think the listed crit chance is for the DoT and manual/timed detonation. Just as the Wiki stats are for the detonation radius.

-The Radius for the AoE on Orb fusion looks like it is about 10m which is higher than the 5-7m listed for detonation AoE.(Has similar Range limit as Paralysis with 10m Range, on Orb fusion)

From my experience rate of fire mods are better for creating Orb fusion explosions which deal more damage and over a larger radius than either the damage from the vortex or orb detonations.

Also the orb fusions pushing enemies away makes it hard for the vortex or DoT damage to be useful or reliable.

Current Build - still in progress:

11895247_10205297118327493_9936941740809

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Current Build - still in progress:

11895247_10205297118327493_9936941740809

How you manage that 3.0 reload??? It is killing me, I need Fast Hands on this weapon, maybe if it had 12 mag and a guaranted Impact proc when the singularities direct hit an enemy...

But in geral I am impressed with the high numbers you can get with it.

How you manage that 3.0 reload??? It is killing me, I need Fast Hands on this weapon, maybe if it had 12 mag and a guaranted Impact proc when the singularities direct hit an enemy...

But in geral I am impressed with the high numbers you can get with it.

I sometimes Run Primed Fast Hands.

But truthfully: if you spam shots with Similar and Sobek....

Sometimes it does the auto full magazine: last shot was fired and then as reload starts it already reads a full magazine. So Quick-melee or roll and continue shooting.

Most likely a bug, but while it is still present I use the auto-reload bug to save me a slot for more damage.

3secs is manageable as I have grown accustomed to it with Mutalist Quanta....since they fixed Mutalist Quanta 'flash-reload'

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

It's pretty lackluster yeah, the damage is okay, but I don't feel the weapon lives up to its concept in terms of the whole sucking, aoe, and splash. At that point, it's pretty much a stun gun, which other weapons can do better. I like it though, it's nice in missions where you're pretty packed in or defending something. The reload takes three years though. 

I was using viral+ radiation today and it was really effective, I need to try with ressonance to see if it can trigger more sonars reliable...

Simulor is the kind of weapon so unique that only Warframe give you the oportunity to use, so have fun and forget a little about DPS, and sometimes dat radiation proc is much better than any dps.