Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30 Fps Vs 60 Fps

TheErebus.

Controllers seem to be immune to framerate induced issues thanks to how imprecise and lousy they are.

There's always deadzone both software and mechanical, controllers are generally imprecise and kinda laggy to begin with (mostly thanks to aforementioned deadzone), also, inconsistent acceleration amounts.

No they dont, i'm not sure where are you getting all that but the difference between 30, 60 and 120 is clearly visible and not "exactly the same".

thats wrong.

You should watch some John Carmack's videos where he talks about VR screens.

Like this one:

Theres a difference between percievable frames, and percievable difference in frames. In theory the human eye can see 1000FPS, however the human eye would not notice the difference in changes in the frames, maybe you should do some actual research first.

well tbh... i play games mostly in 30 fps... so when they boosted dual-core optimization a bit ... and when my fps was about 50... it was opening my eyes again for the first time... xD

Same here, most high end graphic games i tend to play at 20-30fps provided i set my graphics low enough, by now im used to it... with such pretty games coming out and my computer being technologically behind.. i dont see myself getting better hardware until a few years from now.

None the less to say, game companies should always allow for 60fps for the game to be optimal for higher end computers and the option of a lower fps for those with lower end computers.

Makes sense really...

Edited by Genzaio

Framerates lower than 60 result in a loss of responsiveness and can cause motion sickness for a surprisingly large number of people. 

Personally I think 30FPS in anything except a turn based game where responsiveness means nothing is garbage, and it frustrates me that so many people are simply ignorant to the downsides and negative impacts of playing games at 30 FPS instead of 60 or 120. 

It's as clear as day, yet people still can't understand it. It's not just about how it looks, it's about how it feels. When you enter a command, it has to be processed and executed on the next available frame. With more frames every second, the next frame arrives sooner, resulting in a significantly reduced delay between the button press and the in-game execution. That's why game control feels worse at lower framerates and better at higher framerates. 

It's a difference that is much easier to feel in an interactive setting than it is to see on a video, although most people I know can tell the difference just by looking at it. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Something I found that may be of use, if you just see a single line there is either something seriously wrong with your browser or your computer is VERY slow. I suggest opening it in its own tab so there's no chance of slow down.

Gs1ORHK.gif

Something I found that may be of use, if you just see a single line there is either something seriously wrong with your browser or your computer is VERY slow. I suggest opening it in its own tab so there's no chance of slow down.

Gs1ORHK.gif

I did as you said, the 15 fps lags behind.

30 to 60 is fine.

It's my eyes, it's my browser...

Eugh

There are lots of ill-informed posts in this thread. I cut my losses when it became apparent that people would rather imagine a way in which they could feel like superior humans than learn some actual science.