Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Forma Solution

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Which boss?

the first one i can think of would be the 'first'(?) Boss, that had the giant Cannon Turret.

does not Respawn. can only fight them once.

pretty much all of the others, i'm moderately certain also did not Respawn, however i can't remember for sure.

the first one i can think of would be the 'first'(?) Boss, that had the giant Cannon Turret.

does not Respawn. can only fight them once.

pretty much all of the others, i'm moderately certain also did not Respawn, however i can't remember for sure.

https://youtu.be/MLi3UCG676M

Boom Bewn respawns and isn't the first boss.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

-snip-

oh, you can (horribly) grind them if you Cheat.

kay.

because the only way that makes sense is if Quitting and reloading immediately after Killing is a Respawning Exploit.

(pre post Edit: oh, it seems like you can actually have Gameplay let you get items more than once without replaying the entire game.... but only if you bought all of the Level Range DLC's.

which is great, since the scaling Formula's Balance already started to fall apart before you got to the end of the Level Range that shipped with the game, let alone extras after it where the formula became a scalar formula, almost becoming an exponential formula.

color me extremely unimpressed with that Game Design. extremely. exasperatingly disappointed with the amateur Game Design. not thinking about it is one thing, not allowing Replayability that isn't extremely frustrating without buying an extra thing that should be default functionality, heh.)

while the Story and experiences were great, trying to play at higher Levels only served to become increasingly less fun. i oneshot them, they oneshot me(but outnumber me a dozen to one), and trying to get items that are viable to your Level to continue having fun (god forbid), is heavily focused on bland grinding despite being a Retail Game.

i'll just continue remembering it for a well built game for a single play of, and not think about the rather poor methods of handling replayability and Et Cetera.

oh, you can (horribly) grind them if you Cheat.

kay.

because the only way that makes sense is if Quitting and reloading immediately after Killing is a Respawning Exploit.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Your grasp on Warframe seems similarly lacking.

Bosses in Boderlands respawn after you reload the game, every time.  There is no exploit needed; it's in the game by design. You can play to the end of the game, save, quit, reload, and Boom Bewm will still respawn. 

I was the one that gave Gearbox the idea for Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, and I played it all the way through multiple times. I even played through the OP levels, so I am not basing my opinions off of a single first playthrough.

And just FYI, it is literally impossible to be one shotted in Borderlands 2. DE should really borrow the second wind and health gate mechanics.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

I was the one that gave Gearbox the idea for (thing)

if actually true, so biased towards it and will not accept any opposition to it. that seems to be what you're saying, i think.

- - - - -

i do not remember them Respawning, as in that example, i went to get more Bonus Packages from that Boss, and they weren't there.

i also know that there's a less than 100% Chance of Bosses dropping the item that you're specifically fighting them for, which is awful. you already have random attributes to sort through to get the right combination, but you also leave without even getting a dice roll sometimes.

and no, we absolutely should not use 'Second Wind'. it's an awful design that tries to compensate for balance problems you've created in your game.

we already have the Co-Op version of it that almost all games share now, Reviving others. which also is a compensation for balance problems (or just Players not being very good), but is much more tasteful.

yes, it is unlikely that i was Killed with an actual single hit. but like in Warframe and hundreds of other games, you can be Killed nearly instantly even if a single hit doesn't Kill you. simply be attacked many times in a very short span of time.

even in something slow paced, like Mass Effect 3(MP), you can still be Killed in less than a second due to artificial difficulty.

Edited by taiiat

if actually true, so biased towards it and will not accept any opposition to it. that seems to be what you're saying, i think.

- - - - -

i do not remember them Respawning, as in that example, i went to get more Bonus Packages from that Boss, and they weren't there.

i also know that there's a less than 100% Chance of Bosses dropping the item that you're specifically fighting them for, which is awful. you already have random attributes to sort through to get the right combination, but you also leave without even getting a dice roll sometimes.

and no, we absolutely should not use 'Second Wind'. it's an awful design that tries to compensate for balance problems you've created in your game.

we already have the Co-Op version of it that almost all games share now, Reviving others. which also is a compensation for balance problems (or just Players not being very good), but is much more tasteful.

BL had revives. Second Winds were just an option that made single player revivng viable.

If they had a 100% drop then I wouldn't be refering to it as a drop chance.

Look the point is mastery rank needs a point and formaing is a hassle. We can use one problem to fix the other, and vice-versa. It's a perfect solution.

Look the point is mastery rank needs a point and formaing is a hassle. We can use one problem to fix the other, and vice-versa. It's a perfect solution.

i'm pretty sure that was never in question for me.

with more thought on it, i continue to like the general concept.

one Level every other Mastery Rank is sufficient to alleviate that 'ugh i have to play a super boring Mission for my Weapon to be able to participate' feeling you get when you Polarize Equipment.

and one Level every other Mastery Rank would mean 14 Ranks at MR30 - which is more than enough to allow putting one or two Mods onto any Weapon, so that you can skip the truly boring stuff.

this is good, because then there's less reason to consider powerfarming, because now whether you like the Weapon or not, you atleast can not need to play Missions sub Lv10 and be super bored because your whatever can't participate for a few Missions.

that's plenty for a QoL improvement so that you aren't required to play content that is boring for you. having 8(16 w/ potato) pts on my Equipment when Polarizing it right this moment? i'd totally continue doing the same Missions i'd be playing otherwise.

sure, it would be more difficult (or just slower and less efficient, that's usually what it means), and i'm fine with that.

i'd still take that Equipment anyways, because atleast it can have a Mod or three on it, so the Equipment can be relevant enough in the Missions i want to play to continue playing them.

I wonder what Scott would say if he saw this thread, it provides an interesting take on WarFrame leveling is why.

I'm not sure. I tend to be very blunt in my criticisms.  I don't take the time I should to sandwhich it between all the things I think they are doing right. 

I kind of get the feeling that even though they seem like bros, I shouldn't try to PM it to them myselves because it would set them against the idea because of it being me and the aforementioned reasons for them to dislike me.

I'm not sure. I tend to be very blunt in my criticisms.  I don't take the time I should to sandwhich it between all the things I think they are doing right. 

I kind of get the feeling that even though they seem like bros, I shouldn't try to PM it to them myselves because it would set them against the idea because of it being me and the aforementioned reasons for them to dislike me.

Haha, oh you're better at it than I am, I message Rebecca threads like this all the time! She's a darling enough to reply. I hope this one proves to be useful for her as well.

I could definitely see this becoming an issue though, if you forma a weapon then you are doing are doing it to get just a few more slots on the weapon. I already just run a few Sechura runs or as stated above Draco. Its a interesting idea but DE would never have something like this implemented.

Exactly why Star Chart 3.0 may fix these instances, to allow for more changes like the one proposed in the OP.

Haha, oh you're better at it than I am, I message Rebecca threads like this all the time! She's a darling enough to reply. I hope this one proves to be useful for her as well.

Exactly why Star Chart 3.0 may fix these instances, to allow for more changes like the one proposed in the OP.

I did that once with My slash and toxic thread, and they told me that making the thread was enough. I took that to mean, "don't call us; we'll call you."

Full support.

As an MR19 I understand that grinding MR is not the funnest thing to do in this game. What's fun is being able to unload your maxed, 5+ forma'd weapon that you worked hard to grind up from 0-30 five times in the faces of your enemies. This new system allows players to do this easier and sooner.