The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework : Press "e" To Win

Wargasm_v2.X

Rather than nerf Excal down.

We should use him as leverage to buff other frames up.

His fun to use now. Let him keep his new found glory.

But that punch through needs to be fix.

Yeah ill admit that needs to be fixed but it's like these guys wants DE to make another synoid gammacor.

Rather than nerf Excal down.

We should use him as leverage to buff other frames up.

His fun to use now. Let him keep his new found glory.

But that punch through needs to be fix.

Oh the punchthrough is fine.

So these punchthrough mods, do you use them? Does anyone? Should the punchthrough be an augment?

Yeah, you're right. It does sound similar. A melee frame's Ultimate that is meant to be beastly melee mode, is used as a wannabe beam weapon. I doubt if that was DE's intention. Doesn't seem right to me, so I can understand the complaints of others.

But I'm not complaining, I'm more of an adapt-to-circumstances kinda guy. If it stays the way it is, I'm cool with it. No point pretending that there is no cheese involved with it, though.

Idk for sure but from watching the Excalibur profile vid, DE really showcased the blade wave component of the ult majority of the time rather than the melee part of it.

So all that ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP Bounce xinfinity never bothered you like it has others?

No other warframe grinds your gears...

Must be the Sound Effects of exalted Blade.

Perhaps it is not to your taste.

Sure others do.  The three biggest annoyances are Frost casting globe EVERYWHERE so every player can shoot about 6 feet before hitting a wall, a Limbo that thinks by using rift means he is paid real money, and a slow Nova that spams MP every 3 seconds (especially on really slow maps).  The bounce noise isn't that bad because it is rare.

But yeah, it's the constant sound.  And even when nothing is around.  The excals still CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAAA CHWAAAAAAA .

Idk for sure but from watching the Excalibur profile vid, DE really showcased the blade wave component of the ult majority of the time rather than the melee part of it.

Ironically enough, no mob in that video dies from the punch through. One guy gets sniped but even that is a direct hit. Otherwise, Excal is in close range all the time. There is nothing in that video that suggests the most popular plasytyle with Excal currently - run face-first into a wall/crate/obstacle mashing E. Obviously in content where mobs can actually hurt you. Everywhere else the wall part is not required. 

DE either assumed that we the players wouldn't use the cheese potential, or they didn't see it themselves. Happens a lot. Or they are simply testing it, it's beta after all. 

Edited by tisdfogg

Where are the P42W's failtrainCREW? :D

Now would it be more like P4OE2W? :D

Hahahaha, it will never ends.

Teheeeeee

To me it is exactly like a Mag using Greedy Pull constantly, the same annoying sound repeating in loop.

But on the other hands i like the new Excal and Mag...  What to do? :D

Edited by Redhux

Ahem, this is said in a degrading and annoying voice.

"Plz, DE, plz. NURF something beck to bjing yuseles. Mai senze of Manlihud  thratened!"

Meh, whatever, I stopped giving my 2 cents a long while back.

This is just ignoring the whole thread.. If you don't care to give feedback, why do you post stuff like this to begin with then? O,o

I do agree that he's a strong stand-alone frame.

In the end, that's all he is,though.

I imagine he's currently one of the strongest solo frames.

I doubt he's going to become a "meta frame" ,though.

He doesn't bring along all that much to the team,after all.

He doesn't have the utility/cc you'd want for a high-level run squad.

If you were to mod for Exalted Blade (which is probably the best option, at this time),

Radial Blind would become a rather negligible CC.

And even if you decided to mod for Radial Blind, it would be limited by LoS.

As for waveclear, I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that there are so many better and more efficient options.

All in all, I'd say Excalibur is in a similar spot as Valkyr,really strong on their own but not providing much for their teammates.

Then again, Valkyr can be abused for safe revives with her invincibility.

Isn't it worth it to try and limit the amount of those "Press <key> to win!" scenarios?

Think about it

Other nuke frames we press 4 to win

Excal we have to press 4, then followed by a bunch of e e e e e e e, rotate your camera and aim, sometime have to do slide attack, and on top of it you need some good melee mods too.

There are always people who will complains that this and that take no skills to use and thus it is press <something> to win, whether it is a button or combination of buttons.

In MMO most of the time there are classes that have a set rotation of skills that is very lethal, and they can be rebind to 1 2 3 4 5 keys sequence.  This is also are referred to as press something to win.

Edited by Hueminator

It's people like you guys that ruin games for everyone else.

It's people like you that ruin games for everyone else.

See how that works? Neither person here learned anything, nothing got resolved, all you did is show that you're angry and try to make the other person as angry as you. How about some constructive feedback instead?

I do agree that he's a strong stand-alone frame.

In the end, that's all he is,though.

I imagine he's currently one of the strongest solo frames.

I doubt he's going to become a "meta frame" ,though.

He doesn't bring along all that much to the team,after all.

He doesn't have the utility/cc you'd want for a high-level run squad.

If you were to mod for Exalted Blade (which is probably the best option, at this time),

Radial Blind would become a rather negligible CC.

And even if you decided to mod for Radial Blind, it would be limited by LoS.

As for waveclear, I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that there are so many better and more efficient options.

All in all, I'd say Excalibur is in a similar spot as Valkyr,really strong on their own but not providing much for their teammates.

Then again, Valkyr can be abused for safe revives with her invincibility.

There is a lot of truth in this post.

Just look in recruit, how many LF Excal posts do you see....He just isn't an effective meta frame. That more than anything tells me the rework failed.

It's people like you that ruin games for everyone else.

See how that works? Neither person here learned anything, nothing got resolved, all you did is show that you're angry and try to make the other person as angry as you. How about some constructive feedback instead?

Constructive feedback? Blasphemer! RNGesus shall smite you for your insolence!

In all seriousness this thread needs a lock. All attempts at civil discussion are met with inflammatory commentary.

Infinite Punch-through is probably a bit much,and proccing Syndicate effects should be looked at, but otherwise I say leave him as is.

Nope, wrong. try comparing him to conventional weapons. beams, rifles, etc.. even punchthrough mods.

its obvious people who want these removed have no clue what they are talking about and are annoyed by the army of Exalted Blades...

Would you guys prefer an augment for punchthrough and radial damage?

Edited by Jinryusai

Nope, wrong. try comparing him to conventional weapons. beams, rifles, etc.. even punchthrough mods.

its obvious people who want these removed have no clue what they are talking about and are annoyed by the army of Exalted Blades...

Would you guys prefer an augment for punchthrough and radial damage?

Yeah, still OP. I really shouldn't be able to slash a box, have the wave go through the box,5 enemies, the door, 2 more enemies behind another piece of cover, and still continue on to 40m. No gun does that. Why should EB?

Because it's special and limited distance. And is a power wielded by a warframe with a legendary name that wields mystical blades.

Would you prefer some falloff damage when going through cover/walls, but not flesh/enemies?

And Amprex and Atomos with ruminous extension can achieve some amazing results though with half the damage of main beam, it's still great and on par with Exalted Blade.