Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just An Lol Moment For Me

syle

So I came back to WF maybe a month or so ago

I left for quite a while

I find it funny and ironic that the changes that we cried for - like removing stamina , and bringing back the old snow globe for frost are coming in after about a year

and they are going to be implemented not because we complained about them and presented multiple valid points in multiple posts

they are getting implemented just because finally DE agreed that they don't like the systems/changes they implemented

now just bring back old ember and ill give you a slow clap

and OT - great job on void dilution , you rly outdid yourself there DE , all those orokin cells , or useless t2 keys or abundance of formas

but hey lets get rid of frost/mag/weapon to reduce that dilution

looks like your new overlords got you by the balls for the $$$

Edited by syle

...That's... No. 

We make these discussions and then the developers contemplate them. As a developer it's extremely important that you both listen to community feedback, but also retain your voice and direction, which often means understanding that the playerbase you serve doesn't always know what it wants either. Just because you found two instances where they happened to agree with the majority of currently vocalized feedback at the time (and that's a key distinction) doesn't infer that the developers should just stop being stubborn and listen to what the "community" is saying. 

It's important to note as well that the "community" doesn't always agree with itself either. For a long period of time we were advocating for more varied enemies that presented us with higher difficulty, and so far, every single new or changed enemy that makes them stronger has met with several hundred threads demanding that they be removed/changed/etc. For all the people who disliked what happened to Frost there were also a large group of people that hated how dominating and mindless he made defense missions play out. 

Finally, they aren't going back on their initial changes either, but agreeing that without Snowglobe being such a dominate power Frost is lacking. To that end they are buffing several of his other abilities to be more useful, while giving Snow Globe a more active role, but not restoring it to "invincible" status either, as Snow Globe simple being an impenetrable bubble was why it got changed in the first place. 

For a long period of time we were advocating for more varied enemies that presented us with higher difficulty, and so far, every single new or changed enemy that makes them stronger has met with several hundred threads demanding that they be removed/changed/etc. 

That's because they aren't making enemies tougher. They are giving them annoying gimmicks. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!   Having to spam melee attacks every 3 steps in the derelict because there are flies in my face doesn't make the game harder.  It just annoys the hell out of me.

That's because they aren't making enemies tougher. They are giving them annoying gimmicks. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!   Having to spam melee attacks every 3 steps in the derelict because there are flies in my face doesn't make the game harder.  It just annoys the hell out of me.

^ that.

De be stubborn  about their game mechanics/systems .

^ that.

De be stubborn  about their game mechanics/systems .

Yup

^ This guy hit the nail right on the head, know the difference between challenge and annoying

Enemies like nullifiers have been a great addition. Yes, the infested flies are an annoyance, but c'mon.. You can't systematically downplay every enemy addition due to one or two being misses. Besides, these flies were just pushed back a bit today weren't they?

You can't simply be increasing armor ratings or damage outputs or so since that wouldn't be exactly an interesting challenge either, so adding "gimmicks" is the way to go. Sometimes, these gimmicks are good and sometimes less good, but surely we can look into them individually instead of declaring that all gimmickal additions for challenge are bad.

Edited by tzaeru

Enemies like nullifiers have been a great addition. Yes, the infested flies are an annoyance, but c'mon.. You can't systematically downplay every enemy addition due to one or two being misses. Besides, these flies were just pushed back a bit today weren't they?

You can't simply be increasing armor ratings or damage outputs or so since that wouldn't be exactly an interesting challenge either, so adding "gimmicks" is the way to go. Sometimes, these gimmicks are good and sometimes less good, but surely we can look into them individually instead of declaring that all gimmickal additions for challenge are bad.

Gimmicks are not the way to go. As I stated before, gimmicks just annoy players. See also: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262318-slash-and-toxic-are-bad-mechanics/

Gimmicks are not the way to go. As I stated before, gimmicks just annoy players. See also: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262318-slash-and-toxic-are-bad-mechanics/

What's the right way to go then other than "gimmicks"? Some of the "gimmicks" have been a bit misplaced like the Infested flies (haven't tested them since the last update tho) but some others have been done pretty well. I like the game being varied and multiple tactics and adaptions being required to beat special enemies. It's true though that sometimes their sheer amount feels a bit excessive! ^^

What's the right way to go then other than "gimmicks"? Some of the "gimmicks" have been a bit misplaced like the Infested flies (haven't tested them since the last update tho) but some others have been done pretty well. I like the game being varied and multiple tactics and adaptions being required to beat special enemies. It's true though that sometimes their sheer amount feels a bit excessive! ^^

Well built mechanics, primarily better A.I. behaviors, and if you are going to have status effects then reign them in and build them in such a way that players have a way to prevent them based on player skill. Actually read the thread I linked, and you will begin to understand what I mean.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

some things are usually called gimmicks in its bad connotation, i dont see anything wrong with the healers nor nullies, both are great additions that make sense into the game, into the factions where they are and into the gameplay. imo.

You know what Warframe is founded on? The gimmick of being a Ninja. Gimmick is no different from mechanic when it gets put into the game.

The mechanic of "screw you for playing the game; there's a swarm of flies screwing with your frame rate and vision, three different types of ancients literally giving a cumulative 99.9% damage reduction, a tar Moa that's going to knock you down again and again, and by the way, a venomous eximus just spawned so you'll die no matter what you do" isn't even a gimmick. It's just bad game design.