Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

March 19Th Was Update 16 And It's Almost Been 4 Months To Get Update 17

Chub_N_Tuck

I feel like a lot of their assets are going into pvp... which shouldn't be the case, especially when there's no monetizing in pvp at this point. Other words: Dumping money into pvp which is a minority game play, and they (DE) get no funds back.

These assets could've gone to other development to speed things up... but nope, DE decides to invest into pvp for some strange reason.

I feel like a lot of their assets are going into pvp... which shouldn't be the case, especially when there's no monetizing in pvp at this point. Other words: Dumping money into pvp which is a minority game play, and they (DE) get no funds back.

These assets could've gone to other development to speed things up... but nope, DE decides to invest into pvp for some strange reason.

I think they're making a system to fix dark sectors..... just a theory.... part of the reason the armistice has been going on as long as pvp 2.0 has been out.

Guys, come on. We all know you can make a perfect game in a night. I'll make one right now....... and....... done. No alpha, no beta, it's ready to ship. It's so complete the name is irrelevant. Play it quick because I'll have a sequel in the morning.

Joking aside, pushing devs to release content faster is a recipe for disaster. I'd rather wait longer and get better content, then have content shoved down the pipe that is sub par. I'd hate to press them for content and get a game akin to E.T the Extra Terrestrial (for those youngsters who don't know, it was an atari game pushed out in less than a month to make a Christmas sale, and is responsible for single handedly crashing the gaming industry in 83.)

TL;DR

pushed content is bad content.

The issue with Warframe, folks, is that without constant new content, the game would suffer. Yea, they are releasing more stable, pretty things, but these things last a couple of weeks.

For vets who have used every weapon and frame in the game, the only new experience they get is the occasional new weapons, the uncommon events, and the major updates that are becoming rarer and rarer. A lot of the time, the content isn't even solid or great. Just well polished.

Hey, it's awesome to get a ton of cool looking content all at once, but it would be a whole lot better to get bits and pieces in the in-betweens. Not just try to beat your previous record for how much you can release at once.

Honestly, it seems a bit cumbersome to me that the schedule at this point is to make weapons and little additions and changes for three months, with some minor idea crafting in the background, and then for a month, bust out everything you can, then releasing the last month of work, spend a week or two fixing any issues, and then rinse and repeat.

Why not even it out? Release major fixes and changes (2.0s, ect.) in the big XX.0 releases, and actual new content in a constant stream in between. Seems a whole lot easier on everyone, compared to doing more work than necessary in one month.

Now to comment on other comments.

Chances are they probably just like to make us wait for no good reason.

Sounds sarcastic, but I'll answer anyway.

Chances are they don't care about our money, huh?

you do realize that a lot of the content they pushed out last year was half assed and completely broken, right? And yet I look at the devstreams, they're actually trying to make sure the upcoming content is completely solid. In fact, it was a good couple of months before they decided to really showcase anything for the simple reason that it was all "not ready" (per devs). Don't be so greedy to want more content that you forget about the work it takes to actually create and solidify it.

Last year, the community demanded content constantly, so they pushed it, and it was all broken as F***... which in turn angered the community. Don't be that guy.

You do realize if a lot of the content released last year was as bad as you make it out to be, this game wouldn't have had a growing following by the end of last year, right? All it took for wow's fanbase to start going down was the addition of a playable Panda Race. I seriously think that if a considerable amount of the content was a flunk, Warframe would be on the decline, not the opposite.

"And yet I look at the devstreams, they're actually trying to make sure the upcoming content is completely solid. In fact, it was a good couple of months before they decided to really showcase anything for the simple reason that it was all "not ready" (per devs)."

Not ready because it hadn't taken actual form yet. I remember how it took them almost 5 months to get to U16, and they hadn't even figured out what they were doing for U16 until about a month or two prior. In February, they still hadn't decided exactly what chroma would do. I mean, hell, do you think it's taken them almost a year and a half to make the Mios? I can't exactly blame them for taking their sweet time, but pinning it on getting the best content isn't correct. If they finally corrected their content making process this year, then how did they manage to get this far? How was Warframe even playable? Luck isn't a good answer. You don't get lucky on 15 major updates and thousands of smaller ones.

"Last year, the community demanded content constantly, so they pushed it, and it was all broken as F***... which in turn angered the community."

Damn those fear mongering community members who demand for content for a game that survives by releasing constant content!

To reiterate, if it was all broken, why is the game as big as it is? Seriously, did all of the vets of warframe suffer through broken content to get where we are now? What about the bustling DE office? Do they pay for it will all the profits they made from selling the broken husks of dear player's hearts?

I will grant you that some of it flunked. But saying it's totally different now isn't true. The Los stuff happened. Viver happened. The Chroma Helmet happened. All things that happened because of quick gut decisions that would have occured even if the content had taken half the time to make. Bad choices are bad choices whether it took 10 or 20 minutes to make them.

DE's problem isn't a lack of time, it's a lack of good planning.

wow. This doesn't even make sense. i would like to point out EVERY SINGLE MAJOR UPDATE IS BIGGER THEN THE LAST. right now they are trying to get parkour 2.0, a new raid, working on sharkwing(archwing rework in process with this), a new boss battle, a new warframe, a new starchart, also new underwater tileset that was demod in event. AND MUCH MUCH MORE THEY HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED YET.

Updates did come faster but that was because they were smaller for example the update with nekros just had nekros some weapons and a new boss and tileset.

"EVERY SINGLE MAJOR UPDATE IS BIGGER THEN THE LAST."

And still, the only bit that ever takes more than two weeks to experience is the farming. That's a bigger issue in and of itself.

"right now they are trying to get parkour 2.0, a new raid, working on sharkwing(archwing rework in process with this), a new boss battle, a new warframe, a new starchart, also new underwater tileset that was demod in event."

Granted, that is a lot of things. A lot of which would understandibly take a while to make.

Let's think about this, though. How much of this stuff doesn't need to be released together? Archwing has been around for over 3/4ths of a year now. The starchart is pretty independent. The boss battle and the new frame are likely linked. Ancients only link to that tileset, and that's only because of the preview from tennolive. From what we've been told before, there are multiple teams working on different things at the same time. Because they want to release most of it togethor, there are likely a couple of things that are finished and just waiting for the sake of having a bigger update.

Yes, there is a lot of big things to do, but that doesn't mean they can't coordinate some way of having a reliable stream of content that isn't just a new weapon or new mods.

"Updates did come faster but that was because they were smaller for example the update with nekros just had nekros some weapons and a new boss and tileset."

And the reward for the unintended solution finder goes to...

The big updates are further apart, but they're also bigger. The patch notes for U16 are three times longer than the patch notes for U10. New tile sets are more sophisticated and have more logic and polish. Fundamental gameplay systems are being added and overhauled. Plus they've been spending quite a bit of time fixing various bugs.

*shrug*

I'm all for more well-made content, but just remember that while the patch notes are bigger, that doesn't necessarily make the updates better. What if they took the entire page listing all the new colors they added with a palate?

Steve talked about it. Sometimes things just get developed and done in record time, sometimes they scrap things and rework them over and over again.

The new solar map and parkour 2.0 are examples of things they didn't get right in one go(and I sure am glad they thought about the solar map a bit harder) so it takes a while as they rework things to match their expectations.

Also, the updates are indeed getting more ambitious as time passes, for good or ill.

So do the logical thing and hold them for an appropriate time.

If it's what they would have done from the beginning, we would have Sharkwing dropping here soon with the new tileset, Mios would have existed for a year now, and we'd be getting the new star chart and parkour by the end of the month with some luck.

I like the whole "for good or ill" part. Reason being is ambition can screw things up if channeled incorrectly. Doing too much is very possible.

Patience is a virtue.

Absolutes are dumb. It's valuble to know how to be patient, but it's more valuble to know when it's not needed. If a fly is trying to eat your food, you kill it, not wait for it to die.

i rather see weapon fixes more than all this new content, seriously, i'm so tired of the devs ignoring the threads and post for weapons

They have multiple teams working on different things. Some work fixes, others work content. Report any issues to support.

Extreme? Update 13 was based around Hydroid, the rework of Vay Hek, and how to get Hydroid. Everyone was so pissed off that it took so long and was so difficult to get hydroid, and then found out he was a worthless frame at the time. Update 14 was dark sectors, something that even DE admitted was their worst attempt at pvp, and when the curb stomping and exploiting began (of which, admittedly I was a bit involved in). Update 14.5 attempted to fix that, but all it did was break the way squadding worked. All the tenno reinforcements during those times were completely unbalanced because of how much DE was trying to fix the bigger things, and then they pushed out more content that broke other aspects of the game, everything from UI to solar chart, to pvp to even the smaller things like clipping and falling through floors. Graphics problems emerged. And yet everyone was so psyched when it all came out, and as they kept playing it all, more posts on the forums emerged that were just bug reporting and complaining. The only good thing about that time was a new tileset (the ice corpus tileset I think?), and even that was bugged.

My point is that the community kept pushing for all this, and it was released before it could be made solid. Posts like this that are portraying an air of impatience say a lot more than just "oh this should come out faster because I want it." you need some more patience, because the devs are working on the content that we're all looking forward to. They're just making sure it actually works well, not just playable. Hopefully it will fix a lot of the issues that are still continuing from last year.

Go try some coding and creating a game of this magnitude.

To repeat myself, if the game really broke that much, how did it continue to grow? The game didn't have issues that were gamebreaking simply because people wanted more content. U16, Trials were released. Turned out that they are good for the initial challenge, and that's it. Alongside Trials was the chroma. People despised the helmets and the frame isn't even widely used. The method of acquiring it was a terrible farm. Just because they are taking longer to release it doesn't mean the content has magically become better. Now, it's just better looking and a little more reliable.

Damn those evil customers for demanding faster content of us, a growing company that relies on the customers to continue operating!

DE's job isn't to grant our every wish, but it is to keep us interested. Without a constant stream of unique content, Warframe would cease to function due to having no sort of replayability after you've used every frame and like half the weapons in the game. If they keep taking longer and longer to release a couple of weeks of content, the game will die.

Why wait for months stockpiling ideas and then make them all together to release at once? Why not just make ideas, create them, and release them right after they are ready? As a player who stopped playing because of the 2 month waits between non weapon content, there is seriously nothing to do on a daily basis in the downtime besides leveling the occasional weapon. Even they will only tide me over for a couple of hours. After that, it's wait a couple of weeks for another.

and wasnt Excals rework only a few weeks ago, that was a pretty major thing. Its not like they arent releasing anything since U16. We had U16.5 with the Event and underwater tileset preview. There are WAY more games that it takes like a year to realease a new update for just a little content.

What games are you refering to? Either way, no multiplayer games have the replayability issues this game has. DE can release as much content as they want, but unless they figure out a way to make the game about more than just the loot you recieve, this game will always just be a farming sim (with less options than actual farming sims with actual tractors and stuff) to anyone who has played through the majority of the content.

Seriously, at this point it's sit in T3 Sabs for Ducats for 2 weeks, get a new weap, level the new weap, and then go back to Ducat farming for two more weeks.

Tbh, I don't think DE needs to rush their content. They just need to learn about planning.

Edited by CoRRh

-snip-

There's also the problem that if the content is released too close together a large portion of the player base wouldn't be able to keep up and the game would flood itself with content and become daunting.

And he could be talking about dayz *cough* dean hall left you are never getting a game *cough* *cough cough* without him there is no vision *cough cough cough* don't know what came over me there...

Edited by DrMarlboro

There's also the problem that if the content is released too close together a large portion of the player base wouldn't be able to keep up and the game would flood itself with content and become daunting.

Honestly, the game will have problems no matter which way it aims.

With their current pace, even if they switched to a release model like the one I described, they would not have an abundance. They wouldn't have more content. They would just have more consistent releases.

It's essentially the same amount of work, just spread more evenly.

Edited by CoRRh

Honestly, the game will have problems no matter which way it aims.

With their current pace, even if they switched to a release model like the one I described, they would not have an abundance. They wouldn't have more content. They would just have more consistent releases.

It's essentially the same amount of work, just spread more evenly.

I can agree with that. But you also have to add in the fact that evenly spaced out content has less of an impact on drawing players back in, where as larger content drops brings old players back in droves. Why is wow still alive? Because you only get meaningful content twice in two years, and every time that content drops 3 million+ players resub. The more content you release at once the larger player base you can attract, and since I don't think DE is having problems with player retention this is partially why we don't see more frequent but less content.

Update 16 took 5 months to get here. Also, they have many more things to work on and polish for every next update due to the amount of content each brings. It's like you've never played Warframe before.

Edited by LazerSkink

Update 16 took 5 months to get here. Also, they have many more things to work on and polish for every next update due to the amount of content each brings. It's like you've never played Warframe before.

Oh yeah, It's like I've never read posts like yours. Almost everyone has been saying that, so leave it be. I've read enough. Thanks.

Oh yeah, It's like I've never read posts like yours. Almost everyone has been saying that, so leave it be. I've read enough. Thanks.

Thread is still open, I assume it's still running its course. You cannot blame me for this. If it was so important to you that no one replies anymore, you should have requested a lock.

901.jpg

*  Update 17 is their most ambitious update to date. Featuring seamless transition underwater combat, star-chart 3.0, a new raid, an expanded Neptune Grineer tile-set, restructuring of wall-running and its contextual combat, stamina removal and the balance revolving around said removal, slide attack normalization, Retriver Kubrow + armor, Catbrow and their introduction quest/event, even more Cloth Physic goodness, J3 Golem + the event leading up to him, and Frost's rework along with some inevitable frost skins.

* This being the "year of quality", it might just be possible that they or at least Steve wants his players to take a little longer than a couple of hours to consume all the new content.

That being said I don't even know the details surrounding the changes to the void nor what they're planning for conclave.

Take a step back and consider the idea of a gig of content every four months, honestly that's a bit terrifying when you think about it. I might have to get a new SSD just for Warframe if such was the case.

901.jpg

*  Update 17 is their most ambitious update to date. Featuring seamless transition underwater combat, star-chart 3.0, a new raid, an expanded Neptune Grineer tile-set, restructuring of wall-running and its contextual combat, stamina removal and the balance revolving around said removal, slide attack normalization, Retriver Kubrow + armor, Catbrow and their introduction quest/event, even more Cloth Physic goodness, J3 Golem + the event leading up to him, and Frost's rework along with some inevitable frost skins.

* This being the "year of quality", it might just be possible that they or at least Steve wants his players to take a little longer than a couple of hours to consume all the new content.

That being said I don't even know the details surrounding the changes to the void nor what they're planning for conclave.

Take a step back and consider the idea of a gig of content every four months, honestly that's a bit terrifying when you think about it. I might have to get a new SSD just for Warframe if such was the case.

1) Trial is planned for 17.5, not 17

2) The tileset is for Uranus, not Neptune

That's all I have to say.

Edited by LazerSkink

The big updates are further apart, but they're also bigger.  The patch notes for U16 are three times longer than the patch notes for U10. New tile sets are more sophisticated and have more logic and polish.  Fundamental gameplay systems are being added and overhauled. Plus they've been spending quite a bit of time fixing various bugs.

*shrug*

And yet the lighting on the doors has been broken for almost 2 years.

Sentients, parkour 2.0, Starchart rework, new frame, new trial, new boss, very likely new weapons... That's a long list. And implementing all those things will inevitably take a while.

Year of quality they said, and that's what we're getting. Last year we got unfinished and pretty S#&$ty things wink wink archwing. This year they're actually doing their best to not half-&#! their content.

And I like that.

Changes to stamina (removing and reworking exsisting stamina mods and such, that takes some time to balance out. Also taking into account that U17 is supposed to give us the Sentients, that's a lot of work on their hands. I can wait until they have polished it up for release.

Question though, Was I right about U17 containing Parkour 2.0? (U 17.0.0 that is)

Ok i understand everyone who says "be patient" but at the sime time try to see for other eyes. Some guys like me don't have nothing to do in this game anymore. We are just doing the same thing again and again... Raid - NM Raid - Rep Farm - Farm Ducats... and that s it. We love the game and because of that i want play more and more. But even with so much love for this game there is a moment that becomes boring, i do not want to take a time off from warframe i still want to play and is this desire that makes me want more content... Right now i can t even try to go for MR20 because the lack of equipment... Ash prime is coming in this week but in the end we will be stuck in the same cycle of missions doing once after another trying to farm a frame who brings NOTHING new for the gameplay.... That's my problem with this game right now...

aepik5.jpg

The only 2 things i don t have is the regular Boar and for some reason my profile are showing Excalibur prime.

2qmnl9y.png

Edited by kerbero2

-snip-

2qmnl9y.png

I absolutely agree - we need a proper endgame mechanic, and that should be their focus for U18. However, do note that you've played Warframe for over 2500 hours. 2500 hours, dude. That's, like, a whole lot :D

Edited by Gale47