The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow: Thanks To Stasis Penalty, I Notice People Mainly Keep To Using One

Genji

Myself as well.

I honestly forgot I had others after my Huras, when I decided to incubate another egg a few days ago. I haven't used my Sahasa since 2014. Why wait 3 hours to switch? Better off alternating with a Sentinel & my favorite Kubrow than to juggle with stasis & forget that the Kubrow I switched to is still thawing out.

With the Kubrows' existing maintenance on top of this, it seems over done. 

Are there a great number of us who rush them to even warrant the timer penalty still? The game is bigger than the circle of people I know.

I feel like when the Cat-brows come, it'll be the same dance.

It also locks you out from breeding if you want to keep using Kubrows. It's a big mess, and I'm honestly having no clue why nothing has been done about it.

One of the worst designed element of the game, and instead of fixing it, we'll get more types we'll never use.

I'm hoping that the new advanced Incubator Shelden mentioned allows fast switching between puppies rather than the three hour penalty we currently have.  I too would like to use "the right one" for a mission rather than the most generalised useful one.

It not unusual to run six different missions in a day and that can't happen with the current system unless I use plat everytime which is a very simple NO!.

thus you have found the answer to your question. it a plat/money mill. DE knows that with your impatient tendencies that you will spend your plat, thus have to buy more plat. and the cycle continues. multiply this by the thousands that play warframe and you have found there reasoning.

thus you have found the answer to your question. it a plat/money mill. DE knows that with your impatient tendencies that you will spend your plat, thus have to buy more plat. and the cycle continues. multiply this by the thousands that play warframe and you have found there reasoning.

I doubt anyone spends money on it. Not even once, let alone repeatedly. It's something that would be nice to use, but it's not like Kubrows are even superior to sentinels, considering pathfinding issues, and other annoying stuff.

I doubt anyone spends money on it. Not even once, let alone repeatedly. It's something that would be nice to use, but it's not like Kubrows are even superior to sentinels, considering pathfinding issues, and other annoying stuff.

ok then why would they make it so hard to maintain them and switch between them. other then just wanting to annoy the hell out of their players. I mean really at first the dna stabilizers were 100,000 credits then they dropped it to 75,000. when it should not exist or at the very least make it. 1500. and then it takes 3 days to incubate them, you have to spend 15 plat to rush them. then its 10 plat for a stasis capsule. and then more plat to rush their recovery from stasis. so all in all if you do the math. time that by 4 kubrow. thats a lot of credits, time and plat. for a companion. When all you had to do for the sentinels was a one time fee of credits and resources. but not you have to keep paying for them. I mean its a game not a real pet.

If Sentinels weren't a thing, I would agree with you. Thankfully we're not locked into exclusively using Kubrow.  Sentinels have no penalty & they shouldn't. 

Edited by Genjinaro

ok then why would they make it so hard to maintain them and switch between them. other then just wanting to annoy the hell out of their players. I mean really at first the dna stabilizers were 100,000 credits then they dropped it to 75,000. when it should not exist or at the very least make it. 1500. and then it takes 3 days to incubate them, you have to spend 15 plat to rush them. then its 10 plat for a stasis capsule. and then more plat to rush their recovery from stasis. so all in all if you do the math. time that by 4 kubrow. thats a lot of credits, time and plat. for a companion. When all you had to do for the sentinels was a one time fee of credits and resources. but not you have to keep paying for them. I mean its a game not a real pet.

Because they expected to make money with it, but it's not a top-priority as you can see, that they want to improve on it. 

It's more of a creditsink.

Because they expected to make money with it, but it's not a top-priority as you can see, that they want to improve on it. 

It's more of a creditsink.

oh and the Syndicates aren't. yes i know there not related directly to the topic. and I'm sorry for that but they're just as bad.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I completely agree with OP. I stasis recovery makes me say, "3 hours... Forget this. I'll settle for a sentinel." I don't know what kind of mission I'm going to be running in three hours. Cut me a break. While the genetic decay makes no logic sense—since the kubrow eggs are found in a natural den, not a Grineer lab—the functionality isn't bad, because I can afford it, but the stasis penalty provides no incentive to use them when sentinels can be changed alternatively on-the-fly. This is a shame, because I love the idea of the Kubrows and the whole "beastmaster" concept to gameplay, but the feature needs to prove useful.

It always seems like developers are missing a psychologist/economist on the team to judge how players make decisions. Haha

On the subject of it being a plat mill, I think that's correct because there is enough pointing to it, but I don't why. If just spending platinum on warframe and weapon slots, I think the players that have spent enough time farming parts and ranking up have spent at least $60 worth of platinum, which is the standard cost for a videogame nowadays. So it makes me question where they're not getting enough. Are there a lack of dedicated players? What's the deal? I think they should be careful, because when cost exceeds the rewards of a game—including those not measurable—the players will stop playing and they'll figuratively crucify the developers. I hope they understand that we are well-aware that this is still a beta and they have been doing this only two years strong.

While the genetic decay makes no logic sense—since the kubrow eggs are found in a natural den, not a Grineer lab—

That's actually not entirely true. We aren't just taking a Kubrow egg and hatching it. We're taking it, manipulating the genetic code in order to turn it from the feral, mangy mutts we see on Earth, back into the Orokin created noble beasts of old. This, of course, could (and obviously does) result in some genetic destabilization. Much like cloning.

Plus the fact that the egg hatches in two days and the Kubrow matures from newborn to full adult in anywhere from one to two days... Yeah, I don't think that's natural.

Well Kubrows are way better than sentinels when they are modded good and can deal a ton of damage but all that maintaing is a bit too much and I agree on the timer of defrosting my Kubrows most microwaves get it done in 3 minutes not hours

is this a kubrow ran thread? I for one have no problems with my kubrow I only use one breed and that's the digger bulky he grabs enemies which your sentinels cant do mind you they fixed the kubrows making enemies stuck in animation they also have a revive shield they will last hell of longer in higher level missions instead of just blowing up. cloaking kubrow and sentinel are both wonky and sometimes useful. Also if you have to complain about a cost of a kubrow you should just get rid of it you literally have to heal your dog once every 3 days and you have used 75k to buy 6 shots that if you cant make 75 within a week and a half jus give your kubrow to lotus

I seem to remember they talking about wanting to make it easier to switch. 

I love my KubrowS but it s indeed a pain to have to wait to switch, meaning you cant adapt by choosing a different one for a specific mission (i m gonna run a capture mission, want to take out a sunika, but no luck i have a Huras out for example).

I think with the running cost they already have having to wait to switch is basically discouraging their use. I dont mind paying for the genetic decay, but the switch time is really what discourage most people to use them.

Due to the stasis penalty and the need for constant upkeep, I stick to using zero. If these two issues didn't exist, I'd probably have replaced my Shade with whatever the stealth dog is called.

Huras can cloak you for limited time but can attack during it. I replaced my Shade long ago.

Edited by (PS4)Prisma144

Huras can cloak you for limited time but can attack during it. I replaced my Shade long ago.

I know that the stealth dog does a better job of actually hiding me. I just don't think that the downsides outweigh the benefits - I can't swap between stealth and terrify dogs like I can swap between shade, dethcube and carrier. And if I want shield replenishment, I need to use the terrify dog - unlike sentinels, all of which can equip that particular mod.