Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bored Playing Warframe

Olkanjr96

Dear god, some poor people out there have so much spare time on their hands, they can spend a gorillion hours on Warframe, unlock and max out everything and then they get bored! The tragedy! The humanity! And then they depend on others to tell them how not to be bored! Maybe your problem is sitting right in front of the screen. You know, you could always go outside, marvel at that giant orb of fire our planet happens to be orbitting (don't touch it, it's hot), do something else for a while and stop acting like it's the game's fault that you've played it to death.

i really dont get this mentality at all.

its like if i watched a movie 100x and then start to complain that its getting boring. "i cant watch the Matrix again for the 101st time. its getting boring now. They shouldve made a better movie so i could watch it 500x."

I've been bored since Mastery 6. And I'm Mastery 17 now. So around Update 13 is when things started to go downhill (kind of the new Warframe direction, from dark to shiny theme). I'd suggest just playing with friends or clanmates, not specifically trying to achieve or obtain anything.

I don't use any of the meta weapons at all (Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, etc...). I mainly use unconventional weapons like bows.

I really think we need more dark. Mutalist Salad was a good jab at that if you think deeply about it, but it needs to be more intense like Dark Sector, and early Warframe. I think the old Technocyte from Dark Sector was pretty intimidating because you weren't a complete ninja that had revives and OP weps.

Edited by TheMetrocop

You could do what I fear many do.... Get bored come to the forum and suggest changes to the game that will make a lot of fellow players angry. You could demand nerfs to gun you feel that too many use or nerf a frame you don't like or demand cool downs because somebody use an ability you don't like twice in the game and "stole your kill". All in the name if balance of course. Wait don't do that. Warframe is a cool game. Stay away from the toxic side if the forums and take a complete break from video games. I started to read more books. Mostly trashy erotica paperbacks meant for lonely house wives. I''m joking.

About nerfing stuff :)

I don't get these threads.

Are youth of today so feckless they can't even think of what to do when they're bored of playing one video game?

Or are DE experts in generating addiction so that people have to play Warframe even when they're bored of it?

Who else got bored from playing the game ? Because ıt's so boring for rank 19 players right now..There is nothing new and ranking up doesn't give anything also every new weapon is almost like old weapons are just diffirent versions.Ohh and there is still no Sai Weapon and nunchuks in a ninja game.If they don't add new content I don't want to play anymore.If anyone have idea how to not get bored playing the game.Please tell me!

Pretty sure none of this is actual feedback. . .

Are youth of today so feckless they can't even think of what to do when they're bored of playing one video game?

Or are DE experts in generating addiction so that people have to play Warframe even when they're bored of it?

I do find my self thinking about playing the game a lot. Then I get on and there isn't much to do, AND I'm a console tenno so that's even worse.

Who else got bored from playing the game ? Because ıt's so boring for rank 19 players right now..There is nothing new and ranking up doesn't give anything also every new weapon is almost like old weapons are just diffirent versions.Ohh and there is still no Sai Weapon and nunchuks in a ninja game.If they don't add new content I don't want to play anymore.If anyone have idea how to not get bored playing the game.Please tell me!

Same

Can you not go outside, and look at the miracle we live in?

Tell me, have you ever seen morning dew on a hydrangea?

Take a break, keep in touch with forums to not miss events.

You played too much Warframe.

You talking about me ? lol I m already go to outside all night.Going bar or cinema something.You think I m playing all day ? lol I m playing this game like 2 years 2 months ;) so ?

*I apologize if I repeat myself a few times below.*

tl;dr: It could be less about game addiction or being "simple minded" and more to do with the fear of finding something new that could replace their "warframe" playtime.

I can only speak from experience, but some players who are bored with the game will hop on from time to time (in order to do alerts, try new things out, see what is going on, etc.) hoping there is something to drive them back from the brink of bordem and back into the grinding mines like the rest of the folks. It doesn't take much to go from bored to burnout on a game and like I stated before, some folks get that version of burnout that makes them never want to play the game again but will try to play it because of a few reasons that feel like obligations or a sense of entitlement.

Such examples of obligations / entitlement could be:

- Spent a nice amount of money in the game and said player does not feel they got their currency worth.

- Some form of obligation to guild/clan.

- Ran out of "steam" for that set goal they made (I.E. Reach a certain mastery rank, make a frame/weapon/companion have all forma'd slots, etc.) or just got tired of doing the same thing over and over / getting into a habit of doing one thing a certain way then having a patch/nerf/buff change up the meta and forcing a player to adapt or scrap the original habit to try and keep up with the process.

- Fear that once they find something else that occupys the Warframe slot for their gameplay time limit they never come back and that said time spent was a "waste".

- Experience some new alert or game addition and having the initial and/or current setup drive you up the wall with how it works and the bugs that come with it.

I.E. I hated Archwing to the point I could barely get myself pumped for that Formorian alert. Add to it the bugs and problems that stemmed from it (spawning into a mission right in front of an enemy rocket barrage, getting stunlocked by multiple enemies, having it be darn near improbable to revive someone because you have to do a full stop and hopefully you were not followed by said stunlock enemies) and the fact that I had to farm for Archwing mods in the archwing mission but mostly get LAND based mods instead, and to this day I barely touch and archwing mission.

Sure players can try out different weapons, or gimp their playstyle to try and beat things a different way, but at the same time when you have to set up handicaps for yourself in the game to try and bump up the challenge and you get the same items you would get when you run with full on super OP one hit kill gear, it does not feel worth it in a logical sense.

I really think we need more dark. Mutalist Salad was a good jab at that if you think deeply about it, but it needs to be more intense like Dark Sector, and early Warframe. I think the old Technocyte from Dark Sector was pretty intimidating because you weren't a complete ninja that had revives and OP weps.

I agree completely. Warframe actually felt like "Warframe" back in Update 10/11. I felt more engaged in the entire vibe, music, and story (pretty much speculation back then). 

You got borred because you play just for mastery ....... I still have tons of equipment in my foundry, ready to claim (only mastery 17) ...... but for me mastery will be important only when it will actualy mean something (go go Focus DE!).

I play to increase my efficiency in my builds so I can do high end missions, as many types as posible with the same frame, without being in danger (the smalles effort I put in for a mission, the better).