The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75% Discount

michaelgt

I am not buying plat for full price because I feel too high the price for it and I just use plat only max for cosmetics and mostly for slots.

The logic is simple behind to nerf the discount rewards because they need to earn money somehow and they cannot be very grateful every time and give their wares for cheaper.

Personally I think they pricing is bad and they could turn down at least 50%. That is almost covering the real price for stuffs because one gun much expensive than a monthly sub fee game.

They also cannot scale the price of warframes because the volt-loki-excall are the cheapest in price which include the slot and the reactor prices also. Those frames not worser than others but other frames ask more for you money instead turn all frame to the similar levels in price because of skills.

I would like to buy platinum but only if the prices turn down a bit because I have money and soon I need to manage my slots again but for full price is just meh. With that price I can buy much things and complete games.

Why can't Ps4 Get discounts ;( let me guess:Sony?

Truth told, consoles get the better of the deal by and large.  I might see a 50% off once every 4 or 5 months and have never seen a 75% off.

Consoles get a guaranteed 1395 plat for $10.00 every 3 months via the Prime Access Accessories pack.

That's a great deal better than a random 75% code off that you may never actually even manage to get.

I keep reminding myself that if I ever roll 75% off, I'm buying the biggest plat bundle.

Of course, I've sunk over 2,000 hours into this game and have still yet to get one of those.

I have had it once. And to have never seen it again :(

How many time did you buy platinum? Discounts appear more often to people who spend more money. 

I haven't purchased platinum in a while.

After not logging in for a single day your login rewards reset. On the first day of logging in after an absence you get a tier 1 reward. For whatever reason tier 1 rewards have a far more likely chance to give you a plat discount. This is probably a marketing ploy to get more infrequent players to buy platinum. This has been noticed by my entire clan over our 2 and a half years playing. While said discounts do appear in tier 2 or tier 3 login rewards, you have a far higher chance of getting them after a days absence from logging in. I get 75% of 2-3x per month easily.

Yes, somehow, the Tier 1 rewards seem to have the higher chance of getting that 75% discount based on my experience. XD

Do vets really still buy plat? All the extra syndicate rep alone is enough to generate plat to sustain the game and any new cosmetics. 

True as well that syndicates are enough to purchase plat in some ways but I may need some investment to speed up. hahaha

HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE

I'm not the chosen one! Well... I WAS a CBT player... LOL

I spent the better part of my first year playing without getting a single one and was platinum starved.

Then I went a few days away, and once I come back, lo and behold, there it was! Since then I started having  them frequently. 

They tend to show up more if the player stays a few days off. It seems there is 'bait logic' making them more likely if the player stood away from at least one day, to lure the player back into the game. 

Stay one or more days on withdrawal and they might come around. 

Almost everytime I log in to Warframe after 2-3 days I get a 75% off on my next purchase... This is like, my 7th or 8th within this month of June? I'm not sure. And on those times, not once have I purchased...

Same thing happens to me all the time. Not logging in for a few days always results in this "welcome back gift" as I like to call it.

However, I always end up buying nothing because I have plenty of plat and there's nothing interesting to spend it on.

I am in the same situation as you since last November.

I get a 75% every week of daily logins or every first login after a break; literally!

It was just a theory at first, but now I'm sure coupons are not random; I started to think it was related to how often you actually end up using them and since I use them 90% of the times I think they keep on sending me coupons...