Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt - My Idea Of A New Kit(Or Actually Some Changes^^)

SteaKnight-X

Hello my dear Tenno fellows,

Before someone starts hating. This is just a suggestion.

Actually I liked the idea in the description of Volt: " Volt can create and harness electrical elements.

-This is a high-damage warframe

-perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay. "
But as we all know, from mid to late game this totally doesn't work.

So now to my suggestions for a Rework:

Ability 1:

I Think right now we can leave this ability as it is. Not bad to stun enemies while reloading.^^

Ability 2:

Speed is Actually very good. Even if I don't like the fact that Volt isn't the fastest with this Ability (

lightning speed)

But maybe this is something for a later diskussion :P

Edit:

Censium

Mentioned an idea, from what i think would be very cool.:
Volts defensive stat is his shield(150). But sometimes (especially in late game) the recharge time can be a pain in the ***
So ... What if, when Volt loads himself up to speed his way through the map, his shield recharge rate also goes up.
It makes at least sense to me.
Warframes need electric energy to hold all sytems up(like shield) when volt gives himself that energy boost to speed a bit up. His other sytems(shield) could also benifit from it.
Still needs some tweaks, so it wont get too op^^

Ability 3:

Electric Shield ... What can I say about that ability. This is the point which makes Volt driving on two different roads. Dont get me wrong I totally love this ability. This thing + the Amprex (

Just let the magic happen).

But forcing Volt to defend an objective isn't very offensive, is it? And if you dont have a wall behind you you need to cast it at least twice... so no one shoots you in the back. 

Instead I would like it like a sphere.

I know what you guys are thinking. "We have Frost.... Frost has snow globe... we dont need two globes."And You are right. We dont need an electric version of Frost.

I want Volts globe to be very small.(So small only one person can fit in) Very egoistic you say? Well I think this was the actual intention behind electric shield. To give volt some survivability.

Having this sphere doesn't mean you cant use it to defend an objective or a team mate can't use it. But I think this ability should be primaly for Volt himself.

The animation could be: Volt touching the ground and his electric sphere spawns around him. Ofcourse the traits "electric shield" has right now should be kept for electric sphere. 

May be add the trait that enemies trying to get in get shocked? (Let me know what you think about it).

Ability 4:

Lets be honest. Overload looks very cool and in early game it can wreck everyone. But in mid- to late game  it just says: "Here I am, kill me very quick" Even the fact that it loses dmg once you used it in a specific room.

Just forget about boosting the damage or casting speed. We need something else.
Keep the name Overload, because for my suggestion it really fits.
Now instead of overloading his environment, he should overload his and his team squad's weapons.
What nearly everyone wanted for speed could become true for his new 4th ability.
Overloading the Weapons:
-triggerspeed is boosted
-travel time for bullets, arrows etc. is boosted

-reload speed? depends on how OP this would be

plus electrical dmg? Im not sure right now, it could be too op ^^

May be the electrical proc for the 4th ability could be an augumented mod.
But we already have this kind of mod for his 1st ability.
So if we put the electrical proc in the 4th ability.
Lets change the augumented for the 1  into something else.
Instead it could spawn more then one lightning beam(Like the Amprex )
It would fire then multiple shocks with each one has the trait of chaining dmg to nearby enemies. And for this we need to lower the damage for the first abilty so this becomes  pure cc.

As you guys can see, I did not wrote which damage values the new abilities should have. Because I really like Volt and i dont want him to be OP^^
So I would like to see what you think about my suggestions and may be give me some suggestions to my suggestions.
Like Values for triggerboost or travel time boost.

All in all I think with this new kit Volt abilties would pefectly match with eachother like they do on the new excalibur right now. So this would make him more useful in late game.
I know I know,  most of you Volt players out there like I am can stand their ground in late game. But I think this would make him the damage support that he actually is.

Hope you guys like my suggestion.
And that the Volt rework could be next after Frost^^

Edited by SteaKnight-X

I know that I night sound like a frusttrated Volt player who cant handle end game missions.
I am Volt player from the very beginning and I really love this frame. But as I started to play late game I had to face reallity. Volt if played right, is capable of going on in late game. I could even convince other player that Volt could handle defence missions without a frost. But it needs a lot more work to keep going.

He just isn't as good as other Frames for teamplay. 

Volt really need some work to be on par with the other frames in late game. And I really think that my suggestion could be the key.
Some tweaks are still needed.^^

I hope that someone could read this and give me his opinion on this. 

His first 3 abilities should remain the same. Your idea on how his 3rd could be is quite interesting, however, if the sphere is only big enough for Volt himself...that would take away some of his "team play", though you could spawn multiple spheres for your team mates to use. Honestly, I'm undecided on that point.
His 4th ability absolutely needs a change. What you suggest however could be a step in the wrong direction(in my opinion). Keep Overload as it is, it just needs a change in the way damage is dealt. As it is now, it deals some damage to enemies and arcs electric chains from surrounding lights. I think it should have a buff in it's damage and it should arc from robotic units as well (Moas, ospreys, rollers and any other robotics that exist or that may be introduced in the future).  It just makes sense to me.

Edited by Rostiel

Hmm....
Your idea of arcing from robotic units also totally makes sense to me. That kind of a damage boost would make Volt really fun to play especially on Corpus missions

I still think that Overload does not synergize well with the other 3 abilities. In late game it sounds like a good panic button.
But I think Volt doesn't a panic button at all.
Especially with a new Ult^^

Anyways... we should still consider that Overload buff you mentioned :D

Edited by SteaKnight-X

I loved to play volt and ember way back in update 10. I one day decided to do an ODD and we got to wave 70 or so. My overload started to do no damage eventually. That was the moment when I realized as much as I like those frames, they are trash at high level.

Your suggestion for the third ability is interesting, but I think it is good the way it is. There are some augment ideas that could make it really good. Your suggestion for overload is interesting, and I do not know how I feel about it. Overall on a grand scale, I think that all of the elemntal frames need to be revisited in detail.

Nah Electric Shield is supposed to be able to defend himself, the squad and objectives, he's a buff frame. I don't want that taken away. The only change his first three abilities could use is a buff to speed to make it affect more things, so it could more effectively counter Tar Moa's and make it more useful to people. 

Overload just needs a few quality of life tweaks. 

Volt is almost perfect already. He is one of the warframes that can scale well into late game if you understand him, is really good at buffing himself and allies, and has perfect ability synergy. 

I agree with you to the point that the synergy between the first three abilities is perfect. They don't need a buff. they re perfectly fine right now.

My suggestion to electric shield is not really that big change to the old ability it would just save you from all sides. Instead of a wall, it would be a sphere. Same stats... just defending him from all directions without casting it more then once. This would save your &#! in late game, where you mostly dont have the time to cast it more than once

But I really dont think that Overload fits in his kit.
The first ability is really good for a quick stun
The second one boost your team squad mobilty
The third one is the well needed defensiv aspect 
The last one.... well:

-you don't have time for this in late time(the cast animation begs for a quick death)
-the stun is actually just the radial version of your first abilty(really if there would be an augumented mod for the 1st ability that let you throw multiple shocks like Amprex. It would make Overload useless. From my point of view)

-the damage.... let's not talk about that.

Even if you boost the damage: It would make no sense, because his main damage does not come from his abilities (Ok. Speed and Electric Shield do a lot of damage, but I consider them as boosts)
And the casting animation boost does not change the fact that actually his first ability shock could do the job if used right.

As you said... He is a  BUFF Frame and  I think my "little" changes would make him exactly that.

I still don't like the electric shield thing you are proposing if it doesn't help my squad. I would be open to possible slight tweaks to that ability only if it can remain a very team oriented skill. I don't it to be a just heal me tool or I can't buff my squad with it. 

Overload could use some serious tweaks though. 

I still don't like the electric shield thing you are proposing if it doesn't help my squad. I would be open to possible slight tweaks to that ability only if it can remain a very team oriented skill. I don't it to be a just heal me tool or I can't buff my squad with it. 

Overload could use some serious tweaks though. 

The skill still could be used team oriented like a small version of frosts globe.

Multiple casts and everyone could have is personal sphere.

how am i supposed to play defensively with volt on excavation if the shield isnt like it is now? 

Multiple casts would be the key.. even though I think that with a prope build and the new kit. The enemies would not even come near to the  excavation point.

I see that many of you dont like my suggestions to the third ability. May be because it sounds like only Volt could use it for himself.

The self defence is only the intention I had behind the new ability. 

It still is the same ability as before. It just would be 6 casts in 1(front-, back-, left-, right-, up- and down ....all directions)

I think the time you save through this would be very helpful in late game.

Let's say it would take about 0.5 sec cast time. To back up more than one direction you would need multiple cast 0.5 sec for each if you're fast enough:

2 directions: 1.0 sec cast time

3 directions  1.5 sec cast time

4 directions  2.0 sec cast time

5 directions  2.5 sec cast time

6 directions  3.0 sec cast time

The time you would save with this ult would be 2.5 sec and it would back up all directions. 2.5 sec can be much in late game.

Again this is not a Volt only skill. It's still team viable. Every one can use the sphere. I just want it to be so small only one Warframe can fit in so that it would not be a better frost globe.

But cast it 4 times and 4 people have their personal sphere.