Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Feely Thread About Life And Things

Institute-Marksman

(You can close the spoiler without discontinuing the music)
Listen to this music while thinking about your life, the things you've done, the things you hope and want to do, achieve, strive, know, explore, feel, hear, touch, smell, childhood, wonder, imagination, discovery, family, fun, laughter, happiness.

I want to be able to re-listen this song when I'm old and wrinkly, and think about my life. How it has been, the things I've done, the best memories, and the worst. Wouldn't you want to live a thousand years? Or perhaps forever?

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I would love to live forever. Seeing everyone around me turn to dust because of time sounds fun.

You assume that no-one else chooses immortality. Besides, things get re-built. Renewed. Nature does it all the time, humanity does it too.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I want to be a spectator. immortal? yes

Not god like in any way, just a ghost that has no influence on one another's action, I just get to observe everyones lives without a mortal body. 

Why live as one when I could live as millions and billions and see what life really is. See joy, see suffering, see everything from one to the next.

That is something I want to be. 

It is un-achievable, my mortal human body prevents me from doing so...

Living forever sounds appealing to me... But only if I can actually live.

By that, I mean if I can do things in the world. Enjoy myself. Talk to people. Breathe. Feel, be felt, and know my existence still means something.

Being an incorporeal watcher for eternity sounds like a very, very boring life to live.

I'd only sacrifice my sanity to fight a bigger evil whilst no one else does. 

I remember when I still had my sanity...

I want to be a spectator. immortal? yes

Not god like in any way, just a ghost that has no influence on one another's action, I just get to observe everyones lives without a mortal body. 

Why live as one when I could live as millions and billions and see what life really is. See joy, see suffering, see everything from one to the next.

That is something I want to be. 

I'd take being a god. 

Influence everything, some war here, a little bit of famine and plague there, observing everybody not living because of their mortal body.

Why control just one, when I can choose the fate of billions. See what life really is, no joy, just suffering.

That's something I want to be.

*Manic laughter*

I'd take being a god. 

Influence everything, some war here, a little bit of famine and plague there, observing everybody not living because of their mortal body.

Why control just one, when I can choose the fate of billions. See what life really is, no joy, just suffering.

That's something I want to be.

*Manic laughter*

And your not in Red Veil... 

Such a rebel...

Some of us living now might be among the first humans not to ever have a clear "time of death."

It's probably a good idea to start thinking through our feelings about transhumanism, and all its attendant baggage. I'd like to live a long time right now, but I have no way to know whether that self-preservation impulse would persist through all kinds of radical changes to my corporeal form.

Ideally, I'd live long enough to have the opportunity to just drift off into the cosmos somewhere, see the sights for a while, and then decide whether I'd like to stick around for The Heat Death or not.

Immortality is nice. I`m used to letting people go and forgetting about them. I like to see things happen, if I could, I would just stand on a cliff forever and watch how everything in front of me grows and dissapears

Immortality is nice. I`m used to letting people go and forgetting about them. I like to see things happen, if I could, I would just stand on a cliff forever and watch how everything in front of me grows and dissapears

That is a very cool idea. However, think how weird it'd be for people. A guy just standing there, on a cliffside, just staring...