Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Am Disappoint.

Firesworn13

I really thought you had learned from the whole Glaive thing. You were apologetic and said you has learned from it. Than here you go and put a new WARFRAME on the Alert system. A system that a majority of the community tells you is broken and unfair.

On top of this bad decision, you release an optional reset. Horray! But wait... also Marketplace changes. Huge ones that remove starting items and make things cost more platinum. I only imagine that this is to counter-balance the platinum refunds to so many people. So now people have to buy MORE platinum in order to get just to where they were.

You know, I was quite proud to give you some of my hard-earned money. I ate ramen for a week to make up for it. I felt you deserved it. Now, I wish I could take it back and buy groceries with it, because quite frankly you're going the same route everyone else has. I'll be watching, but I'll never spend another dime and won't participate in a damn thing until you've proven you're worth it.

Tl;dr I am disappoint. DE didn't learn a damn thing. I won't be buying platinum or upgrading my Founders package until they prove they aren't money-grabbing asshats. Or ever.

My friend it seems to me that you misunderstood. They learned from the glaive to not release any new weapon/warframe alert only UNLESS they tell us so before-hand, because everybody thought it would be on market or something. They are worth your money and the fact that they apologized more than proved it. What? Vauban? He is a great warframe and the fact that he is ? alert only means that you will not see a new boss to farm or lots of people running around playing him; also when you achieve him you will feel more happy than if you would've bought him/grinded for him.

EDIT: I believe you meant Dissapointed, in the title.

Edited by noveltyhero

People would complain about there not  being full patch notes. They mentioned every change in the marketplace in those patch notes. Did anybody read them before they did the OPTIONAL reset? Apparently not those who reset, and don't act like one weapon and one warframe in the alert system is the end of the game.

Edited by BlueQuail

Not the end of the game, but if we let these changes go unanswered then it means we condone them; and I, for one, do not. How they're doing this is exactly how the triple-A developers work and it's in the interest of profits, not in the interests of the players.

Their changing philosophy is the end of the game, not some arbitrary changes to a game.

I'll just say that I am very glad I did not reset and saved slots for the weapons I do have.  All that platinum now being re-spent on weapons or grinding for alloy...I do feel bad for those players now.

P.S.  "Asshats" is not constructive to anyone at any time.

Edited by Hezekiah

... A system that a majority of the community tells you is broken and unfair....

Tl;dr I am disappoint. DE didn't learn a damn thing. I won't be buying platinum or upgrading my Founders package until they prove they aren't money-grabbing asshats. Or ever.

I'm not sure I agree that it's the majority,  a significant amount of players sure, but majority? Hard to say. The majority of forum users perhaps, but in every game that is a statistical extreme minority.

@ the second point; that's your choice. If you call allowing practically everything in the game to be earned or found without paying a cent "money grabbing" then you are more than welcome to go expose yourself to the other f2p games out there.

I just hope they switch Vauban from alert/plat only. I mean, RNG God has mercy upon us, for it will take FOREVER before we get all 3 blueprints.

I rather farm hours on end, than rage over that I missed a blueprint because I have a life.. you know? Work. Family.

I'm not sure I agree that it's the majority,  a significant amount of players sure, but majority? Hard to say. The majority of forum users perhaps, but in every game that is a statistical extreme minority.

@ the second point; that's your choice. If you call allowing practically everything in the game to be earned or found without paying a cent "money grabbing" then you are more than welcome to go expose yourself to the other f2p games out there.

The money-grabbing aspect is that you can either spend real money for an item or you can pray to the RNG gods. It's just like every other F2P game and that's why it's upsetting me so. I gave them my money because I thought they were different, and they are now proving otherwise.

I just hope they switch Vauban from alert/plat only. I mean, RNG God has mercy upon us, for it will take FOREVER before we get all 3 blueprints.

I rather farm hours on end, than rage over that I missed a blueprint because I have a life.. you know? Work. Family.

I completely agree with you man. I have a wife and I own my own business. I've missed so many Glaive, Energy Siphon and other great alerts I just stopped checking up on them.

The majority of the people who have the Glaive have it for free.

So is that money grubbing?

As I said, the money-grabbing aspect is the fact that you get it through RNG, which is unlikely, or you spend money. And even if you get it through RNG it's not technically free. You're spending time not just on the playing, but also watching the alerts. It's a broken system that greatly rewards those for spending money. IE, money-grabbing.

I thought that the latest Hot Topics covered your concerns - they're aware of the concerns re: the alert system and are going to be talking about the system as a whole, the market prices are going to be reconsidered, etc.

If you've read that thread and you still aren't satisfied, well, I'm not entirely sure what I can tell you.

I for one, Think that DE's idea of implementing this "alert only" warframe was great in 2 ways.

1.) It makes you feel that much more unique when you are ingame and you are the only one with that warframe.

2.) For players who have played enough, usually want a challenge...Such as this system they implemented...

Basically, im against it if you are trying to remove this system of weapons/warframes being locked to Alerts/Store

Also I think you are trying to say "I am disappointed"

(Not trying to be grammar nazi; it just sounded really strange)

Edited by Corpy

I thought that the latest Hot Topics covered your concerns - they're aware of the concerns re: the alert system and are going to be talking about the system as a whole, the market prices are going to be reconsidered, etc.

If you've read that thread and you still aren't satisfied, well, I'm not entirely sure what I can tell you.

Honestly Thor, I'm not looking for you to really tell me anything. I'm making my position known and I hope that if I, and those like me, are loud enough that DE will show us they truly care about their community in the next update. I appreciate your trying to help, but it's simply out of your hands.

As I said, the money-grabbing aspect is the fact that you get it through RNG, which is unlikely, or you spend money. And even if you get it through RNG it's not technically free. You're spending time not just on the playing, but also watching the alerts. It's a broken system that greatly rewards those for spending money. IE, money-grabbing.

You sir have NO IDEA what is money-grabbing. Get off it.

I for one, Think that DE's idea of implementing this "alert only" warframe was great in 2 ways.

1.) It makes you feel that much more unique when you are ingame and you are the only one with that warframe.

2.) For players who have played enough, usually want a challenge...Such as this system they implemented...

Basically, im against it if you are trying to remove this system of weapons/warframes being locked to Alerts/Store

Also I think you are trying to say "I am disappointed"

(Not trying to be grammar nazi; it just sounded really strange)

The thing is, the Alert System, as it is, is not a challenge. Waiting around, watching Twitter constantly, looking for that 1 ? Alert item you're looking for is not challenging, nor is it fun. It's a waste of time, and serves to only frustrate the playerbase, especially those with jobs/school/families/sleep.

Also, I can't help but kinda agree with the OP. I know DE has said they're going to look at the Alert system, and the market changes, but... the fact that they implimented the market changes in the first place is worrying.

That, and I really don't think they did learn from the Glaive incident. If they did, then they wouldn't have put Vauban into the Alert system...

Edited by Braken

When the vauban came out i was thinking new boss but no devs to lazy to make another planet and boss they put it for platnium and alert.And of course who had platnium he got it but what about us we will be waiting 1mounth really this diissapointed me i bought platnium 

Edit: They said alerts is RNG but i dont beileve cuz 90% of the missions are 2000CR i mean seriosly they should give us more 

Edited by ProSniperr

Honestly Thor, I'm not looking for you to really tell me anything. I'm making my position known and I hope that if I, and those like me, are loud enough that DE will show us they truly care about their community in the next update. I appreciate your trying to help, but it's simply out of your hands.

DE DOES CARE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY! That is what we are trying to tell you. If they wouldn't then we would stop giving SO MUCH feedback to them everyday on these forums. They are the best developers I have seen in a while and if you do not like them, then you can leave because nobody has forced you to pay £32 or more on founders pack or such things. You cannot expect everything to be the same, this is BETA and in beta a lot of big changes happen. I like them and a lot of people do, which is why they continue to develop. If you do not like vauban on alert then buy him, I am fine waiting for a great warframe like him. I am sorry dude but you just seem very ignorant to their actions towards the community and focus only on what they do bad, of course they make mistakes. No developer in the world has made a game with no mistakes at all. I quote them "We learn from past mistakes" and they really do, just give them time because you cannot just say "OHH THIS SUCKS" and expect to revert the whole game just for you. We are happy with DE, if you are not then give detailed reasons and don't just say MONEY GRABBING because it makes sense to you.

The money-grabbing aspect is that you can either spend real money for an item or you can pray to the RNG gods. It's just like every other F2P game and that's why it's upsetting me so. I gave them my money because I thought they were different, and they are now proving otherwise.

You're dead wrong. Most of the other f2p games require you to spend money or get steamrolled by those who do unless you pay them exorbitant amounts of in game currency that takes ages to farm up.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you couldn't be more confused about how other f2p games operate compared to this one. Like I said before, if you want to adopt the stance you propose that's fine, but when you air it in public expect to be ridiculed for being ridiculous.

DE DOES CARE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY! That is what we are trying to tell you. If they wouldn't then we would stop giving SO MUCH feedback to them everyday on these forums. They are the best developers I have seen in a while and if you do not like them, then you can leave because nobody has forced you to pay £32 or more on founders pack or such things. You cannot expect everything to be the same, this is BETA and in beta a lot of big changes happen. I like them and a lot of people do, which is why they continue to develop. If you do not like vauban on alert then buy him, I am fine waiting for a great warframe like him. I am sorry dude but you just seem very ignorant to their actions towards the community and focus only on what they do bad, of course they make mistakes. No developer in the world has made a game with no mistakes at all. I quote them "We learn from past mistakes" and they really do, just give them time because you cannot just say "OHH THIS SUCKS" and expect to revert the whole game just for you. We are happy with DE, if you are not then give detailed reasons and don't just say MONEY GRABBING because it makes sense to you.

Calm down whats your problem? If these were the best devs im gonna go kill myself 

As we said here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/48350-de-ima-give-u-a-little-sign/?p=499307

and as Thor pointed out, here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/47095-may-19th-hot-feedback-topics/

We know what we screwed up with the 7.11. The short term fixes are coming (Banshee, Rhino, etc), but we need much more time to implement fixes for the long term problems that have been made clear by the response to this Update (listed in the Hot Topics).

And here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/48593-update-8-news-from-the-front-lines/

You will see that current brains are in Update 8 mode. That will be the "next update". If you are expecting drastic overhauls to problems that emerged since 7.11.0 you will be disappointed in the short term. 

The problems everyone has with the Alert System aren't being ignored, please see item number 4 on the list of Hot Topics.

If you are not satisfied with this you can PM me.