Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.11: Ash Prime + Hotfix 16.11.1

DE_Adam

Now it's "Hosting Draco, need Mesa and Trinity or Limbo"

trinity and mesa dont work very well together, and thats good, endless mesa spam is a bad thing.

Whatever.. ppl won't get it anyways, DE is not trying hard to remove fun, they are actually trying to fix these no-brain-no-moving-farm to IMPROVE the fun for us.

I did the greedy pull thing with mesa and stuff myself.. and it really is just a boring way to accomplish anything.

Yes it was efficient, but i am glad it's gone.

Warframe is so much more than just standing in one place, pressing one button.

Edited by CruelMaiden

trinity and mesa dont work very well together, and thats good, endless mesa spam is a bad thing.

yeah its fine, mine efficiency mesa can still stay in her ult for about 3 minutes so its fine, and with a bit of energy conservation, mmmm.... cakewalk

Edited by Pro3Display

Whatever.. ppl won't get it anyways, DE is not trying hard to remove fun, they are actually trying to fix these no-brain-no-moving-farm to IMPROVE the fun for us.

I did the greedy pull thing with mesa and stuff myself.. and it really is just a boring way to accomplish anything.

Yes it was efficient, but i am glad it's gone.

Warframe is so much more than just standing in one place, pressing one button.

I forge my own fun, I do not need DE to tell me what is fun and how to get it, I do not need some wannabes telling me their sense of fun is the only fun possible and I have to submit to their liking.

I never did this draco crap, in my eyes it is the exploitation of a design oversight and on top of that, no fun at all. Besides of a few situation where "greedy pull" (or better said, the combination of various warframe abilities) is no fun, who is forcing you to play that way?  If you start such a mission and there is a greedy mag, so leave. It is not DEs fault, it is not the fault of the mag player and certainly not of the greedy pull augment, you are the only smith of your own bad fun. If you can not restrain yourself and keep out from such missions, if you can not leave a squad with a greedy pull mag which is going on your nerves, then do not blame the others.

Well but I applaud you, since people like you enforced a change, that was not necessary. DE is upset because I "insulted" them, but well, truth be told, it is much worse, all I said is nothing compared to whay they are, listening to selfish people like you.

yeah its fine, mine efficiency mesa can still stay in her ult for about 3 minutes so its fine, and with a bit of energy conservation, mmmm.... cakewalk

a few minutes after DE told us about the GPull changes in their devstream, a lot of thread opened with everyones opinion on this, back then I already said, changing Gpull is not going to fix the problem DE was talking about in their devstream... sooner or later they will notice that, and changes will happen again... to Mesa, to Frost, to Necros, to Warframe x... all this will happen, long before DE notices the problem is the map.

The neutering of greedy pull concerns me.  As a new player it's one of the augments that helped pull me out of my solo playing mode and got me into team play.  I landed a great deal on a Mag Prime, scored a greedy pull, mod'ed her up, and found myself welcomed to many a team.  It was fun.  I felt like I was contributing to the success of the mission by keeping people supplied with energy, ammo, and health.    Now you've turned this frame into one that I think is not going to be nearly as welcome to a squad as she used to be.   Selfish Mag will be her new moniker.  I hate to say it, but when I see decisions being made like this I have to rethink my position on spending my money on plat....   :/   What's next? 

It's really funny when people say the game isn't about farming.

The game has a certain amount of content. People want access to all the content of the game.

So we're trying to find the fastest and the most efficient way to get the stuff. That's called Farming.

If farming is fun, that good. If not and you still do it, that's your business.

There are resources, parts, prime parts, prime parts for ducats, mods, mods for leveling mods, standing, sigils for standing, void keys, standing for void keys, orokin derelict vaults, cosmetic, helmets.

If you make everything accessible from the start, then you can tell me that there is no more farming. It wouldnt be fun though, because the sweet is only as sweet if you know the sour. I appreciate my Loki much more because it was very hard to get.

I'm currently only missing Volt Prime and the new Prime stuff.

I have access to every weapon I want to play with (from the still available ones), I own every warframe in the game, now I really start to play the game.

For me now the real fun begins. Im a Min-Maxer. Im rarely running around with a full loadout, because there is always something to level.The only limit I have is the amount of forma I can build.

Im taking a warframe I want to play with at the moment and Im trying to squeeze the best out of it.

Im trying out new strategies and have fun with every warframe and weapon. Im not formaing my warframes depending on how many Forma they need, im putting more Forma in a Warframe than necessary, so I can build every feasible loadout. I put a forma for mods not only on the fact that they are the most expensive. I put in a forma if a certain mod is just required for every possible build so I have more flexibility with other mods.

Warframe is so much more than just standing in one place

Fine, I forgot that it makes a lot of sense to run around in a defense or survival mission. It's much more fun to get killed while running out of the cryopod area to get some ammo. Yeah, you're right. I'm always really excited of that kind of fun.

Thanks for reminding me of the annoying behavior of people who run around, killing selfish for their own xp instead of hold the line with the team and share xp or at least be near if somebody of the squad dies.

Asking for invites to form a squad going to be a problem if Asia and Oceania chats are merged since your matchmaking is set to one region and you don't know who is from where.

Edited by GBMarkNutt

a few minutes after DE told us about the GPull changes in their devstream, a lot of thread opened with everyones opinion on this, back then I already said, changing Gpull is not going to fix the problem DE was talking about in their devstream... sooner or later they will notice that, and changes will happen again... to Mesa, to Frost, to Necros, to Warframe x... all this will happen, long before DE notices the problem is the map.

the problem is map, and gameplay itself, but everyone will suffer on a gap between now and when they realise that they need to fix the core

Fine, I forgot that it makes a lot of sense to run around in a defense or survival mission. It's much more fun to get killed while running out of the cryopod area to get some ammo. Yeah, you're right. I'm always really excited of that kind of fun.

Thanks for reminding me of the annoying behavior of people who run around, killing selfish for their own xp instead of hold the line with the team and share xp or at least be near if somebody of the squad dies.

are you @(*()$ serious? you are twisting my words.

That is not what i meant!

What is wrong with all game's communities?!

To be more clear:

Even in defensive style missions you don't need to stand frozen in one place pressing one button.

Moving around and using the environment is the way to go. If you die when you move away from the pod to get ammo you are playing wrong lol.

I'm so tired of these kids trying to tell me how to play warframe. i've done everything.

EDIT:

Reading that ridiculous reply again, i'm starting to think that all the ppl who complain about greedy pull change are actually too dumb to play normal. because they would die.

Edited by CruelMaiden

are you @(*()$ serious? you are twisting my words.

are you born yesterday? it's what this whole world about- twisting words into own benefit

want example? watch "Babylon 5"

about what you said after:

he got the point about spawn campers that deny exp that is still there

and you did nothing to disprove this point.... because you can't

Edited by Pro3Display

are you born yesterday? it's what this whole world about- twisting words into own benefit

want example? watch "Babylon 5"

i know it is.. but it still doesn't make it right, nor should we just accept it. People need to change their mind set.

We are able to explore space but we are still too dumb to interact on a fair basis with eachother.

Look at youtube comments. it's the very bottom of human social interaction.

Edited by CruelMaiden

Who gives a damn about shield polarize? We can kill mobs anyway, we dont need mag's damage. We need mag's pull tho, because running round like headless chickens to pick up 100 nano spores and a Slip Magazine is $&*&*#(%&.

I don't even need the energy drops, I have hundreds of Large ER, Ammo R, etc. But you are slapping the newer players right in the face.

Mag will still be used the same in void for picking up air drops, Mesa will still own Draco, nothing will change,  just things will be more tedious. 

Who gives a damn about shield polarize? We can kill mobs anyway, we dont need mag's damage. We need mag's pull tho, because running round like headless chickens to pick up 100 nano spores and a Slip Magazine is $&*&*#(%&.

I don't even need the energy drops, I have hundreds of Large ER, Ammo R, etc. But you are slapping the newer players right in the face.

Mag will still be used the same in void for picking up air drops, Mesa will still own Draco, nothing will change,  just things will be more tedious. 

It's funny how ppl seem to have forgotten what mag was all about.

Mag is Crowd Control! If you didn't notice, mag's pull has another use aswell, it renders enemies unable to fight. same for her 4 ability.

Every Frame has it's use.

But with Greedy Pull mag was just Abused.

EDIT.

Also one important thing, the whole concept of energy, health, ammo and ressources dropping from enemies and having to pick them up is to make players move around and keep the game fast paced.

Greedy pull was making ppl do exactly the opposite. it made ppl stand in one place while they could watch tv in the mean time.. thats not how you play a game honestly.

Edited by CruelMaiden

i know it is.. but it still doesn't make it right, nor should we just accept it. People need to change their mind set.

We are able to explore space but we are still too dumb to interact on a fair basis with eachother.

Look at youtube comments. it's the very bottom of human social interaction.

you know what is peculiar about humans? it's that they use social interactions to get benefit. they go all nice to their social circle and once they are best in that circle they go to the higher circle shouting "see ya sukcers" to the circle they've been to. and try to be nice kind and righteous but all of this is to get benefits that will take one's ego even higher. humans are a truly worst race of all races human ever created in fiction. because they cant be one of them.

you know what is peculiar about humans? it's that they use social interactions to get benefit. they go all nice to their social circle and once they are best in that circle they go to the higher circle shouting "see ya sukcers" to the circle they've been to. and try to be nice kind and righteous but all of this is to get benefits that will take one's ego even higher. humans are a truly worst race of all races human ever created in fiction. because they cant be one of them.

It's sad.

I find it odd that they would nerf one of the starter frames so hard shortly after buffing another so well.

greedy pull isnt really for starters though.

Actually having a starter frame that encourages mindless button spamming is a bad thing.

So there you have it. that is one good reason why they changed it.

I'm out of this discussion now though. For ppl who care i stated my opinion very clear.

And i'm not going to change ppl's mind anyways.. it's a tedius thing to try.

If ppl dont want to learn then fine.

Go ahead and flame DE as if they are just there to ruin all your fun.

Edited by CruelMaiden