Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.11: Ash Prime + Hotfix 16.11.1

DE_Adam

If you die when you move away from the pod to get ammo you are playing wrong lol.

I'm so tired of these kids trying to tell me how to play warframe.

So you can tell me I'm playing wrong but you hate it, if somebody tells you how to play?

And by the way: Don't ask me what's wrong with the community. It's you cursing around 'cause of a sarcastic comment of mine.

This far-away-from-being-a-kid is much more interested in doing benefits for the team than obviously you are. ;)

Most of the time I'm with friends and we are working together. And, yes, this nerf killed my mag. I don't need the mag, if it's just the shield polarize which is useful for the squad. I tested the mag a few hours ago with a friend. It's completely useless for now. I will switch to Trin and be helpfull this way.

For your personal information: In most co-op games you can be tank, healer or damager. I prefer being a healer than tank or damager. The greedy pull was kinda healing and supporting the team. I'm not a tank or a damager. And I don't like to be. So all my mods are chosen to be a healer.

And, yes, I die sometimes, this happens. To say I'm playing wrong makes you some kind of pretentious.

I don't know, what the problem was for those who cried for a nerf. Was it to hard to disconnect a session when a GMag was there?

Edited by Yashia

are you @(*()$ serious? you are twisting my words.

That is not what i meant!

What is wrong with all game's communities?!

To be more clear:

Even in defensive style missions you don't need to stand frozen in one place pressing one button.

Moving around and using the environment is the way to go. If you die when you move away from the pod to get ammo you are playing wrong lol.

I'm so tired of these kids trying to tell me how to play warframe. i've done everything.

EDIT:

Reading that ridiculous reply again, i'm starting to think that all the ppl who complain about greedy pull change are actually too dumb to play normal. because they would die.

Do you actualy know the time it takes some "corrupted" of the 10th wave during a T4 defense, while a 4man squad plays, to destroy the pod? SOmething that actualy happens, when ALL the players are running around, taking cover and using the "advantage" of the environment. Somthing that works on T1 Defense till wave 16, is not going to work on T4 already at wave 6. You, sir, have no idea.

Basicaly, during a defense mission, all players are just a damage sponge so this damage is not done to the defended item. It is all about destroying the enemy faster then it can inflict damage on you. In late game, this shifts towards the AI controlled enemy, they do more damage, they have higher survivability and the players have to use tactics. But at some point, taking cover is no longer doing the trick. If you "hide" too much to avoid damage, the npcs will just attack the "pod" and it is over within 5 seconds or less. Go try it yourself. Oh and btw, T4 Def 10th wave is NOT late game, imagine how it looks like on wave 40+.

If you want to talk about this nonsense, we talk about low level pipi, enemies lvl 10-15. There your "stuff" works, later on, not so much. You can only stand in the center, protected by a snowglobe or chaincasted CC and survive long enough to evacuate at some point. Between the waves, you can let one or two NPCs alive so you can run around unhounded. Is that fun? To you maybe, to me not, I gues to Yashia neither, to other the same.

Dear incarnation of arrogance itself (you): you are forcing YOUR sense of fun and how to play to others, if you do not like GMag, do not use one, simple. You rather nerf something and force your "superior way of playing" onto others just because they could do the same but more efficiently and with less effort, something the humanity will always do.

I understand die-hard players who are upset, because companies tend to make "games" way too easy so every moron can play, but GMag was not something, that made the game too easy. It was just another way of playing the game.

The people defending this changes are worse then the people whining about them.

Edited by Valtaya

http://orig07.deviantart.net/7319/f/2013/174/8/5/warframe_tier_list_by_zetazero-d6adgp2.jpg

And Mag has fallen again. Still I like the change cause all g-mags were driving me crazy. All they did is spam #1, ragdolling everything and being useless outside of farming groups. Last weekend I was leveling my Mag. Spawned with 2 G-Mags and Trinity. All the Mags did was using #1 which served absolutly no purpose exept to get mods, cause Trinity gave us more then enough energy. Leaving me to Penta all the infested

What u don't understand is that this nerf isn't going to solve this problem at all, because those players will not change the way they play.I mean GP is still useful for solo play but it's useless for co-op. On the other hand farming ressources we need became even more tedious.

I don't know, what the problem was for those who cried for a nerf. Was it to hard to disconnect a session when a GMag was there?

The problem is that they are clearly sh!theads that do not know nor understand that you can play this game in every friggin way you want. I'm the same as you, sometimes I love to desecrate stuff, sometimes to slow down or speed up things, and sometimes to take the loot. And all of this isn't only for me, but also FOR THE BENEFIT OF MY WHOLE TEAM. Sometimes instead, I may prefer to "spice things up" by running solo or casual missions with low level gear. Sure thing, about the Gmag/nekros/mesa combos, those aren't the only composition you can play with, but tell me, did someone force these idiots into playing ONLY in that way?

No.

Did someone pull a gun on their heads and compel them to use always DespNekros, GMag, Mesa and-or Slow/SpeedNova or other frames?

Absolutely No.

I liked that playstyle because it was easier, it allowed me to also TALK and have social interaction with people (a thing that I valued a lot) and at the same time it allowed me to rank up my weapons after I formaed them, so that I could then bring them to "more serious" stuff (bosses, solo runs, you name it).

Now we are back to square one. Now WE ARE THE ONE BEING FORCED INTO A PLAYSTYLE THAT WE DON'T LIKE NOR SHOULD NEED. Now we have to figure new ways out against the grindfest that is this game.

You do not like Gpull? No problem, just don't play it. Or host games where you say to your cell "no camping, no gpull". Problem solved. You like to have to run here and there just to take that neurode or those morphics? I've no problem with that, and I'll never enforce you to do things "my way". But now, you and your idiocy are forcing me to against a grindwall without the instruments to survive its tediousness. You are killing the "team" part of "teamplay". Because you are all idiots. I don't care if I get a warning, honestly. As ISwRI and Valtaya said:

Do you actualy know the time it takes some "corrupted" of the 10th wave during a T4 defense, while a 4man squad plays, to destroy the pod? SOmething that actualy happens, when ALLE the players are running around, taking cover and using the "advantage" of the environment. Somthing that works on T1 Defense till wave 16, is not going to work on T4 already at wave 6. You, sir, have no idea.

Basicaly, during a defense mission, all players are just a damage sponge so this damage is not done to the defended item. It is all about destroying the enemy faster then it can inflict damage on you. In late game, this shifts towards the AI controlled enemy, they do more damage, they have higher survivability and the players have to use tactics. But at some point, taking cover is no longer doing the trick. If you "hide" too much to avoid damage, the npcs will just attack the "pod" and it is over within 5 seconds or less. Go try it yourself. Oh and btw, T4 Def 10th wave is NOT late game, imagine how it looks like on wave 40+.

If you want to talk about this nonsense, we talk about low level pipi, enemies lvl 10-15. There your "stuff" works, later on, not so much. You can only stand in the center, protected by a snowglobe or chaincasted CC and survive long enough to evacuate at some point. Between the waves, you can let one or two NPCs alive so you can run around unhounded. Is that fun? To you maybe, to me not, I gues to Yashia neither, to other the same.

Dear incarnation of arrogance itself (you): you are forcing YOUR sense of fun and how to play to others, if you do not like GMag, do not use one, simple. You rather nerf something and force your "superior way of playing" onto others just because they could do the same but more efficiently and with less effort, something the humanity will always do.

I understand die-hard players who are upset, because companies tend to make "games" way too easy so every moron can play, but GMag was not something, that made the game too easy. It was just another way of playing the game.

The people defending this changes are worse then the people whining about them.

And

What u don't understand is that this nerf isn't going to solve this problem at all, because those players will not change the way they play.I mean GP is still useful for solo play but it's useless for co-op. On the other hand farming ressources we need became even more tedious.

This change would have been acceptable if also the drop tables had been looked on. If the reward system had been "fixed" to be less frustrating. Without that? It's just a spit on the face of the players, and all for the sake of the sh!theads that want to ENFORCE their playstyle onto other people.

It's funny how ppl seem to have forgotten what mag was all about.

Mag is Crowd Control! If you didn't notice, mag's pull has another use aswell, it renders enemies unable to fight. same for her 4 ability.

Every Frame has it's use.

But with Greedy Pull mag was just Abused.

EDIT.

Also one important thing, the whole concept of energy, health, ammo and ressources dropping from enemies and having to pick them up is to make players move around and keep the game fast paced.

Greedy pull was making ppl do exactly the opposite. it made ppl stand in one place while they could watch tv in the mean time.. thats not how you play a game honestly.

- if I want crowd control, I am surely NOT going to look for a mag

- if I want damage, I am NOT going to look for a mag, maybe vs corpus, but on the other side a mag is not SOOOO much better

- if I want shields regen, I am NOT going to look for a mag, trinity can do and every medium shield restore can do better

- if I did not want to run around like a headless chicken, I WERE looking for a GMag, not anymore

to your edit:

what you say is true, but  NOT about survival, defense, mobile defense (to some degree) and interception, which are, more or less, stationary missions, you can run around, but not for long

during all the other missions (extermination, capture, sabotage and even spy), you are on the move and stay on the move and in such missions, you did rarely see a GMag

Edited by Valtaya

It's funny how ppl seem to have forgotten what mag was all about.

Mag is Crowd Control! If you didn't notice, mag's pull has another use aswell, it renders enemies unable to fight. same for her 4 ability.

Every Frame has it's use.

But with Greedy Pull mag was just Abused.

EDIT.

Also one important thing, the whole concept of energy, health, ammo and ressources dropping from enemies and having to pick them up is to make players move around and keep the game fast paced.

Greedy pull was making ppl do exactly the opposite. it made ppl stand in one place while they could watch tv in the mean time.. thats not how you play a game honestly.

i agree with you on most of your points. However, why give and ability to a Frame and then change it because it's being used as you designed it to. This is just like Ash's Blade Storm. It was use as intended as because of people that didn't have it yet or didn't understand the machanic It got change and for the worse i might add. imo. Just as Nova and Trin. got nerfed. for the same reasons. I mean how long do they test these things before the give it to us. Not very long from the sounds of it. Due to DE's answer for everything seems to be one of the following if not all at once. Nerf, Nullify, Cool increase. Or for God sake. "Oh we'll add clones, that'll fix it." ( not an actually quote.) but it seems that, that is their take on everything.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

*Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment will now only draw in items for Mag

I know sometimes it's annoying when Mag suddenly pull items to anywhere when other players attempting to collect the items that suppose just staying there.
But, sometimes when come in advance strategy, we use Mag to help players to collect ammo without expose their cover.

So, what do you think. DE?

It is more effective to go 3x20min then 1x60min, it is a simple fact, not some fiction.

This.  Miles and miles and multiple metric tons of this.  I've done a couple T3D's up to 60m and I just gotta say they were totally, TOTALLY not worth the effort.  Keys just aren't rare enough in this game to justify going past the first Rotation C.  When you hit minute/wave 20, be a nice person and extract.  And then you'll find out 95% of your gripes about things like GMag don't matter any more.

You wanna make the game less grindy?  Dude, stop standing in one spot, take the brick off your mouse button, and quit twiddling your thumbs.  Even in T4D you can totally play the mission in a FUN way for the first 20 waves, then leave.  The options for a 20m run are endless.  In ODD, bring a puddle-efficiency hydroid and have a friend gun down the ancients for ya while he gets free, unlimited healing from your puddle, then pop up and throw out some tentacles every once in a while.  See, that's more fun and tactical than 60 minutes of finger-cramping hell, isn't it?  Or if you're as anti-social as I am, bring a Frost to T2D with an Amprex modded for Corrosive damage.  Yes, you can use Corrosive damage in this content up to 20m instead of giving me a sermon on the virtue of non-stacking viral procs!  I know, what a thought!?  Hey, while you're at it, have a friend being a Limbo with a nice, shiny new Vectis Prime to that same mission!  He can banish+snipe the bombards and still keep his bubble up from a distance, and the energy regen you'll get from cataclysm alone will make your snow globes free.  Yes, these are strategies that don't work at 60 minutes.  But you're extracting at 20, remember?  The options are endless and 300% more FUN.

Yeah, it'll cost you more keys, but go run a couple 1200 cryotic excavations and you'll be swimming in keys again.  Or spend some of that syndicate rep on a key pack or two.  Or just use one of the 1 or 2 keys you got in rotation A/B on the previous T4D.  Keys are just NOT hard enough to acquire to justify going 60m on any of this.

Anyhow, that's all.  I just hate seeing people complaining that end-game content at 60 minutes/rounds is "too hard" as if they are physically incapable of extracting sooner.  Ugh.

You mean because they haven't had time in the last 2 and a half years to address the issues I described instead of making them worse?

Which is all they've actually done?

Actually the generic drop tables have been repeatedly gotten worse as the game has progressed.  Main points I found where at the addition of master thief (about 30% less lockers were unlocked), addition of Nekros and desecrate, the change to enemies having specific mods (specifically rare mod drops from rare enemies) and likely the biggest point of impact was when the dojo materials (detron ampules, fielderon samples and mutagen samples) were added heavily lowing rare resource drop rates. While there have been many smaller nerfs along the way as well.

Likewise the use for such things has increased over time as well.

...snip...

Actually frost did get a nerf on his earlier alterations (the largest with snow globe getting health, instead of the complete invulnerability it had), there has need a few minor buffs since then and the latest updates will again alter him further.  Mag will likely find the same thing some buffs and some nerfs (that is how balance works).

New players can still get and play Mag (a starter frame even) and Frost just not currently access their prime variants, which have the same powers and most of the same stats as the primes do anyway (for frost and mag I think the only difference on prime variants is an extra polarity on the prime frames).

...snip...

You can still play greedy mag like you always have, it just doesn't move loot for the group anymore.  So it hasn't changed how YOU can play at all.  It does however change how your team mates have to play.

The interesting thing is that greedy pull was used atleast 4 times more than desecrate (also often used in farming groups)..  which to most players I'm sure is an astounding number given desecrate was used the most by a landslide over other powers.

Before you would often get abused if you had a mag without greedy pull as well (like it was the only thing she could do dispite how well you played her), which really isn't something anyone wants to foster an attitude of within warframe.

DE put in the parameters players can play within, they have every right to change it as they see fit. If they can never change the way their game plays for the betterment of the game then it would be riddled with exploits, never get balanced and be generally pointless to play.

Like I have said to others its not about what you or I want, it is about what DE think is better for the health of the game on the whole.  DE obviously think that the use of greedy pull was far too overused compared to every other ability within the game, or that it broke their vision of what it was meant to be about.

DE have to ask themselves "why do players use this ability more than every other one in the entire game?" and "Is this power causing issues to our vision of how the power or game is played and used in of itself?"

DE have repeatedly said they don't want us to grind within the game (often to the point of nerfing viable grinds into the ground), so to see the most used power in a manner to assist grinding of course they are going to change it.

Edited by Loswaith

What do you think about this solution to the Nerfing Policy!?

Share if you like the idea!

I agree 100% with your ideea :D  DE pls think first when you make changes to the game and make changes in coformity with the majority not the minority, so far there were a lot of bad decisions Excalibur's former ulti, Trinity, Ash's ulti as well and now Gmag you guys will lose a lot of players if you keep up doing this kind of bad decisions, they already lost a lot of the players.

Edited by LEvijaa

The mag change over shadows everything else. Disappointing DE. Really disappointing. 

^ not very happy about them limiting mags usefulness....they essentially made the mod itself useless because in most causes players can just run around and still survive just fine without gmag pulls

its true that there are arguments about the fact that gmag can still play the game in the same way....but when it comes down to it....id rather add a more useful mod to my warframe than greedy pull....

the idea of true support through various methods of gameplay is what i like about warframe....but not they are just slowly picking off support abilities and mods

Edited by sekushiiandee

This.  Miles and miles and multiple metric tons of this.  I've done a couple T3D's up to 60m and I just gotta say they were totally, TOTALLY not worth the effort.  Keys just aren't rare enough in this game to justify going past the first Rotation C.  When you hit minute/wave 20, be a nice person and extract.  And then you'll find out 95% of your gripes about things like GMag don't matter any more.

You wanna make the game less grindy?  Dude, stop standing in one spot, take the brick off your mouse button, and quit twiddling your thumbs.  Even in T4D you can totally play the mission in a FUN way for the first 20 waves, then leave.  The options for a 20m run are endless.  In ODD, bring a puddle-efficiency hydroid and have a friend gun down the ancients for ya while he gets free, unlimited healing from your puddle, then pop up and throw out some tentacles every once in a while.  See, that's more fun and tactical than 60 minutes of finger-cramping hell, isn't it?  Or if you're as anti-social as I am, bring a Frost to T2D with an Amprex modded for Corrosive damage.  Yes, you can use Corrosive damage in this content up to 20m instead of giving me a sermon on the virtue of non-stacking viral procs!  I know, what a thought!?  Hey, while you're at it, have a friend being a Limbo with a nice, shiny new Vectis Prime to that same mission!  He can banish+snipe the bombards and still keep his bubble up from a distance, and the energy regen you'll get from cataclysm alone will make your snow globes free.  Yes, these are strategies that don't work at 60 minutes.  But you're extracting at 20, remember?  The options are endless and 300% more FUN.

Yeah, it'll cost you more keys, but go run a couple 1200 cryotic excavations and you'll be swimming in keys again.  Or spend some of that syndicate rep on a key pack or two.  Or just use one of the 1 or 2 keys you got in rotation A/B on the previous T4D.  Keys are just NOT hard enough to acquire to justify going 60m on any of this.

Anyhow, that's all.  I just hate seeing people complaining that end-game content at 60 minutes/rounds is "too hard" as if they are physically incapable of extracting sooner.  Ugh.

1. If I want to do a 40+ round T4D that is my prerogative, DE gave us endless missions and I expect to have the tools to do said missions to said amount and beyond. When they take away these tools of course I and others are going to be irritated.  If they intended 20 minute runs they would have made the mission type last 20 minutes then force extract.  Kind of like 10 wave defense alerts, those are for a specific fixed rewards for a specific fixed objective.  They have that,  and yet there's endless missions still? Why?  Because it's fun, because it's challenging, because you don't need a justification.  It's exists, simple as that.  What we do with our time in said mission is our business.

2. I find it hilarious that you say it'll make the game less grindy when we have to continually grind for the keys that we need to then grind again for what we want, multiple times if need be.  Also T4 keys are not as easy to get as you seem to think, in fact they only drop in interceptions (and very rarely Spy missions) which is far more tedious a grind than excavations since you have to defend 4 points instead of the maximum (and not always necessary) 3 points in excavation.  I can count on my hand the number of times a T4 key gave me another T4 key as a reward, so your point on that is invalid as well.

6x T2 Exterminate

5x Nova Prime Blueprint

1x Ember Prime Helmet

THAT is something which need a fix, not greedy pull

I still have phantom enemies on my minimap, THAT need a fix

my carrier is still bugged, THAT need a fix

90% of all weapons are close to useless compared to the remaining 10%, THAT need a fix

-snip-

Except they haven't changed anything for the better health for the game, they've done everything but.  If they wanted the game to have better health they'd cut off the cancer that is RNG and make things skill based rather than rolling a die for what you want, this just promotes tedious unending grinding for things that we want and getting frustrated and annoyed when we spend weeks days and hours farming for keys standing and cores to get to even attempt it.  Gmag isn't the problem, it was a shortcut to get around the problem, because the problem is nearly insurmountable otherwise.  If DE wants to fix the problem tell them to stop ripping off the band-aids we put on and get some antibiotics because expecting a festering wound to heal in the open air is the worst thing you can do.

You know what?  I came up with a very nice euphemism for this game and for Gmag.  Would you like to hear a story?  Good, gather round children it's story time.

Imagine the Hoover Dam. (Grind wall)  Now imagine the warframes have a bucket (Missions) and a Forest Fire (Progression) to put out.  The only way to put that forest fire out is to climb the dam and scoop out a bucket of water.  For some Frames this is tedious (Banshee, Saryn, etc)  For some it's easy. (Nova, Loki Hydroid etc.)  but they all only have one bucket and they can only take one bucket at a time to the fire.  Now imagine Gmag being able to pull those buckets of water straight from the top and launch it towards the forest fire with great force.  Oh, it's still a massive 10 mile wide fire but slowly but surely she accomplishes her goal. She scales the mountain, she flys higher, farther, faster than any before her.  She's the little Hek-humping tug-boat that could!  And she finally and GLEEFULLY put's out the fire. She's made it. She's done it.  But now she's exhausted, now her arms hurt, her legs are sore, her fingers are cramping, she spent four score and seven days fighting the unending blaze.  And guess what?  GUESSSSSS HWAT!?  *Raises arms up high, a gleeful smile on my face as a rapturous noise of pleasure escapes my throat.*

DE SET ANOTHER FEKING FIRE ACROSS THE STREET (Prime access, major updates, VOID TRADER PRIMED MODS)

Ugh, I need an asprin.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie