The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Severe Ducat Stealth Nerf. Why?

Dunkingmachine

Did anyone expect anything different after they merged with Perfect World Entertainment? PWE has a history of doing what DE is now doing. Expect more nerfs to anything that doesn't require you to buy platinum.

Facts, you should check them.

I don't understant how there's people standing behind or try to discuss this kind attitudes... Going against what was said... and doing changes without any warning... At the same time some less relevant information is mentioned.
And this constant degradation of rewards and game, If this game is still in development, and there's some key issues(bugs and overall ''playability'') aren't being solved and persist for months resulting in some poor quality experiences in the game.This isn't the way to go.
This is a game, like many more out there. 
If you don't value the time of your players and their opinions.. soon you'll start losing them... 

IMO another bad move by the devs...

It's not really a stealth nerf... just late info

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/486977-psa-baro-kiteer-ducat-value-changes/?p=5439328#entry5439328

I actually don't mind. This means I can get some valuable stuff while grinding for other stuff instead of burning out on T2Sab. Some things went up, others went down. Adapt

EDIT: Although I think it would have been a better move to wait until next week as people (including myself) have held onto things and dont go into the relay every day to get rid of them. Farming Haiku BPs and holding onto them and then getting a huge reduction in value right before Baro comes is a bit annoying.

Edited by Modulus14

I dunno what DE wants with this game anymore :|

Sad void drops-Check!

Ducats nerf-Check!

Useful abilities nerf-Check!

No Grind reduction-Check!

Overall fun nerf-Extra Check!

Last I checked more stuff != fun, but instead fun = fun.

Just sayin'

It's not going to be a popular opinion, but here we go:

I can't believe the amount of Salt going on about the Ducat nerf. Some prices were dropped, and some were increased. They aren't hurting themselves from plat sales at all by reducing the amount of Void trades that will be on the market, they have made void items worth slightly MORE if anything.

The Void items are time-limited exclusives that SHOULD be a reward for players who have put in a decent amount of time and effort. The fact that you could get enough Ducats for ALL the items (and enough duplicates to trade them for plat!) in one day by spamming one type of key over and over was even worse, and it made the gear common and really un-exclusive.

It's not about how fast the greedy farmers can churn out Sabotage/Capture/Exterminate keys for efficiency. I'm glad of this change. But I'm just some guy on the internet, and thats my opinion :)

Edited by Fallen92

It's not going to be a popular opinion, but here we go:

I can't believe the amount of Salt going on about the Ducat nerf. Some prices were dropped, and some were increased. They aren't hurting themselves from plat sales at all by reducing the amount of Void trades that will be on the market, they have made void items worth slightly MORE if anything.

The Void items are time-limited exclusives that SHOULD be a reward for players who have put in a decent amount of time and effort. The fact that you could get enough Ducats for ALL the items (and enough duplicates to trade them for plat!) in one day by spamming one type of key over and over was even worse, and it made the gear common and really un-exclusive.

It's not about how fast the greedy farmers can churn out Sabotage/Capture/Exterminate keys for efficiency. I'm glad of this change. But I'm just some guy on the internet, and thats my opinion :)

The thing is that the more stuff is in void trader rotation the harder for new players it will be to get the stuff, otherwise game will be unattractive to new players.

Stuff is already rare enough, I see people buying void trader stuff from other people for houndreds of plat.

The thing is that the more stuff is in void trader rotation the harder for new players it will be to get the stuff, otherwise game will be unattractive to new players.

Just because a new player will not be able to get something from Baro the 1st time around doesn't mean the game will be unattractive. New players have maaaany more things they can be focusing on. He's really not that important. 

Just because a new player will not be able to get something from Baro the 1st time around doesn't mean the game will be unattractive. New players have maaaany more things they can be focusing on. He's really not that important. 

He's important if you learn to love something like shotguns and miss out on something like prime point blank that hasn't been in the circulation since from what I remember that shouldn't be a prime mod anyway imo.

He's important if you learn to love something like shotguns and miss out on something like prime point blank that hasn't been in the circulation since from what I remember that shouldn't be a prime mod anyway imo.

Still not that important, because a new player will not have a sufficient amount of cores or credits to benefit from the mod. 

Still not that important, because a new player will not have a sufficient amount of cores or credits to benefit from the mod. 

They're not leveling it up all the way but like serration or hornet strike that leave regular point blank in the dust, they're building it up as they go along rather than sitting on their +90% damage before they switch to a rifle instead.

NOOOOOOOOO! I should have sold my 34 hikou pouches while I could! fml

Well, looks like I'm going to be playing this game a lot less often.

Your comment, buddy, makes no sense. It's your own fault for not selling them sooner. And if THIS is something you stop playing a game over, then you weren't enjoying it either way.

Better yet, it seems more like you're writing this just to increase the amount of salt in this thread than something that actually happened. So get over it and quit whining.

Edited by Gale47

Your comment, buddy, makes no sense. It's your own fault for not selling them sooner. And if THIS is something you stop playing a game over, then you weren't enjoying it either way.

Better yet, it seems more like you're writing this just to increase the amount of salt in this thread than something that actually happened. So get over it and quit whining.

Well jeez dude, I was only expressing my pain of losing a S#&$ load of currency. No need to get all hostile about it!

Look guys how many times do we have to see this to understand DE does not want us just doing one type of mission,using 1skill,farming only 1 certain resources ,and being in one place.

This is a nerf to some you guys and so some of you are ticked because you forgot to sell ur prime part- which as people mention kind of your fault,remember those quote ur told the early bird gets the worm or why put something for tomorrow when u can do it today.

This is nerf to those people who farm the same spot and mission for prime parts,yeah pretty much this is your fault ,ur not doing the mission cause is fun but because is the easiest and laziest one to do to get out quick rewards.(seriously t2 sur I went to try that not one null spawn in 40 minutes barely any bombers)

And people who are worried about new players...look cute card to play

1.new players have random keys

2.not all new players know what even baro even is

3.like someone mention it would be kind of pointless to give them a primed mod that they can't level up even if just progress as they go on look at serration vitality redirection steel fiber their plenty more enssential mods that they will need for their survival then a primed,

Look guys how many times do we have to see this to understand DE does not want us just doing one type of mission,using 1skill,farming only 1 certain resources ,and being in one place.

This is a nerf to some you guys and so some of you are ticked because you forgot to sell ur prime part- which as people mention kind of your fault,remember those quote ur told the early bird gets the worm or why put something for tomorrow when u can do it today.

This is nerf to those people who farm the same spot and mission for prime parts,yeah pretty much this is your fault ,ur not doing the mission cause is fun but because is the easiest and laziest one to do to get out quick rewards.(seriously t2 sur I went to try that not one null spawn in 40 minutes barely any bombers)

3.like someone mention it would be kind of pointless to give them a primed mod that they can't level up even if just progress as they go on look at serration vitality redirection steel fiber their plenty more enssential mods that they will need for their survival then a primed,

While the lack of proper grammar may be off-putting, your points are valid. Kudos to you, Sir.

I cant agree with you, people dont look for easy way but for reliable way to earn ducats, the void mission that got hit the hardest by this nerf is T2 sabotage, people enjoyed doing this mission for ducats not because its easiest but because it rewarded effort people put in to explore the map but now you could end up being reward with 10 ducats worth of rewards for doing very time consuming mission, DE wants players to do more non-endless missions and yet they made non-endless missions less desirable, they put far to many prime parts worth 50 ducats behind endless missions, its very bad thing for people like me who dont have most reliable internet connection, doing endless missions for me and many other people is frequently out of questions since either me or my whole team frequently get disonnected.

Irony is that ducat farming is keeping a lot of people from doing missions they really want to do, my friend today told me that he didnt even try to get ducats to buy even one thing from void trader, he said its far too time consuming and that he rather do stuff he really enjoys, please dont tell me its fine because it isnt, the more primed mods comes out the more content DE will create(stronger enemies and stuff) thinking about this stuff(primed mods). We must remember that a lot of people can only play warframe during weekends, four days isnt a lot of time to grind for ducats, especially if someone also wants to play missions he really enjoys other then just farming for ducats.

Edited by Culaio