Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Would Have Appreciated A Warning Before Ducat Prices Changed.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/486977-psa-baro-kiteer-ducat-value-changes/?p=5439328#entry5439328

Ducat price changes across the board.

While it can be considered a buff in some respects and an alleviation of grind, some items lost quite a bit of value.

I am not against changes that must be made to reflect new prime access.

However...drastic changes such as these deserve a bit of a warning.

Notice how, when syndicate key packs were going to be "changed" we got a warning?

Why didn't we get one now?

Is this really a drastic change?

Do you need to be forewarned two weeks in advance so you can farm and dump everything before it changes? You aren't against the changes, you said that already. The values got equalized, that's not really a big deal. Ducat's are still only gotten through selling prime parts, except now it's less about which key and which parts you get, so the key's are equalized in value. This will change literally nothing except the prices of the parts themselves. I wouldn't call this drastic. I wouldn't say I even really needed to have this be a PSA, It would have been fine as a patch notes.

And i stocked all my stuff too wait until later....figures they would change the prices on me. Still telling no one about it in the patch notes, thats a pretty low blow for those of us who don't look on forms and think were ready for Void Trader.

I think we did get a warning for the key packs. Like. A whole week. That's why I stocked up on alot of T4 keys then.

Yeah. That's what i'm saying.

They gave us ample time to stock up on keys.

They gave us NO time to sell our junk for ducats before the change. Why.

Do you need to be forewarned two weeks in advance so you can farm and dump everything before it changes? You aren't against the changes, you said that already. The values got equalized, that's not really a big deal. Ducat's are still only gotten through selling prime parts, except now it's less about which key and which parts you get, so the key's are equalized in value. This will change literally nothing except the prices of the parts themselves. I wouldn't call this drastic. I wouldn't say I even really needed to have this be a PSA, It would have been fine as a patch notes.

For some people, this is a huge change.

People who have had massive stockpiles of parts that once sold for 50 ducats, now worth 10, are getting hit very hard.(hikou prime bp)

Even 2 days would have been better than nothing.

Sure this change is for the better. But people had no time to prepare for this change.

Notice how, when syndicate key packs were going to be "changed" we got a warning?

Why didn't we get one now?

Well, if you actually read the post you linked to,

We’ve received word from Baro Ki'Teer that Ducat values for goods acquired from the Void have been adjusted -- a notification he wishes he could have sent sooner, but due to the recent excitement surrounding the Lotus’ unveiling of a new Prime Warframe was unfortunately misplaced.

They admitted that they simply forgot. It happens.

Well, too many things are "forgotten" lately. Either they a better QA team or, well everyone can decide for himself.

It's not like they could just announce it now and implement it a week later. Right?

Probably didn't view it as dramatic enough of a change to delay it due to notification oversight. It's not even strictly a nerf, since there were about as many prices raised as there were lowered. On average, most people were probably barely effected unless you were unlucky enough to have stocked up on the few items that had their cost nerfed. Even then, it's not like ducats or The Void are going anywhere soon, it's not hard to recuperate any losses. Nothing worth getting salty over.

Not sure who they try to fool with that , they could reverse the change and wait one one week to apply it if they really wanted to but this is not what they really want else they would reverte it for few days ,and I'm sure changing for few days is not something hard

So I had 20 hikou prime BP's which sold for 50 ducats each get dropped to 10 each.  I could have sold them earlier but I was just saving them until I actually needed the ducats.  I didn't "stock up on them"  they were all drops I obtained from running T2 survival for the soma prime receiver.  Thanks for taking 800 of my ducats.  Jerk move.

Yes a warming before like some items will get the prices rebalanced would be fine for me.

What makes me fell a little tricked is that only "nerfs" are being forgoten to be on the patch notes, remember Excalibur Radial Javelin change for LoS??? Only after the flames of the forum rage apeard DE came with a post with GIFS included explain the change...

I saved 17 Loki Helms, 10 Chassis. 13 Nyx Chassis, 8 Wyrm Systems, 9 Hikou BP and much more (the only thing I have that worth 50 ducat is Wyrm BP), because almost always Baro give us repeated things, so I didn't spent. 

Now I've found that all that worth 10-30 ducats, so much farming for nothing. And no one single warning, so I could sold them before.

I saved 17 Loki Helms, 10 Chassis. 13 Nyx Chassis, 8 Wyrm Systems, 9 Hikou BP and much more (the only thing I have that worth 50 ducat is Wyrm BP), because almost always Baro give us repeated things, so I didn't spent. 

Now I've found that all that worth 10-30 ducats, so much farming for nothing. And no one single warning, so I could sold them before.

What was the point in stockpiling them in the first place? If you intended to trade for ducats, you could have done it a long time ago. Otherwise, trading prices generally haven't changed.

Not again...90% of the players complain about baro's stuff anyway so why do they NOW complain about ducats if theyre gonna complain about the wares ? I really dont get how their mindset works oO

because what he sells is one thing but giving no warning on ducats price decrease is something totally different. just going "oops we forgot" is not a good excuse.

yeah, and arcane helmets are now on 300 plat and above in the trade-chat, things go out of hand ...

grinding like hell, paying like hell, wasting time like even more hell, finally too much, playing&paying should be fun ...

did i say RNG ?

What was the point in stockpiling them in the first place? If you intended to trade for ducats, you could have done it a long time ago. Otherwise, trading prices generally haven't changed.

I just stocked because I didn't need it, I had a lot of ducats and I only exchanged my parts for ducats once a month, maybe more. It's not my duty exchange every day or week, just in case something like this happens without warning.

There is no reason to sell things for ducats until you need to because there is always a chance you could sell it for plat, unless if course the value of the item in ducats might be changed at any time for no reason.  Which is what was done.

Not again...90% of the players complain about baro's stuff anyway so why do they NOW complain about ducats if theyre gonna complain about the wares ? I really dont get how their mindset works oO

I'm not one of the players who complained about his items, so maybe that is a bad argument.

I am i little upsetin regards to the whole no annoucment of price change, but i guess it kind of reflects real life.

Just think as your prime parts as stock in stock market and you just woke up finding out you lost some, u gain some.

I probably lost ~ 400 ducats of prime fodder but there are probably more people out there that has made an even worse lost than me.