Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime And Lex Prime The Kickback

Heidrek

The fire rate is pretty insignificant as the kickback from both guns need the player to wait for the gun to go down from recoil. This problem was not apparent in either of the original, because the vectis had one bullet and then reloaded and the lex had a slow fire rate. The stats may look nice on paper but for sniping it's a bit troublesome. So my solution is to get rid of the vecits's second bullet and the lex's fire rate in exchange for a higher crit chance.

for Lex Prime, the Kick is a non problem.

it's a nice Skill based aspect. you can easily control it and put rounds on target at it's Rate of Fire once you have some experience with using the Weapon.

it's a very nice aspect of it, makes you feel like you're playing the game, rather than just pressing buttons and watching a movie.

ergo, i like the RoF of my Lex Prime exactly as it stands. it allows you to deal with larger groups of Enemies.

Lex Prime has one major grievance: It' s not properly scaled to power compared to other guns. 

Marelok was/is already superior to it, and Vaykor Marelok is even worse, with that Syndicate area effect on top of it. 

The loss of accuracy in long range of the marelok is small inconsequential, and in practice it almost never makes a difference. 

I love the Lex/Prime, but it needs a buff. Less kick would be just part of what it needs to really fulfill the 'pocket sniper' (according to devs) role it purports to occupy.

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

I'm still farming the Vectis Prime, but Lex Prime was my first Prime gun, and is still one of my favorites. I've never had a problem with its recoil, it's fine as is.

for Lex Prime, the Kick is a non problem.

it's a nice Skill based aspect. you can easily control it and put rounds on target at it's Rate of Fire once you have some experience with using the Weapon.

it's a very nice aspect of it, makes you feel like you're playing the game, rather than just pressing buttons and watching a movie.

ergo, i like the RoF of my Lex Prime exactly as it stands. it allows you to deal with larger groups of Enemies.

yeah dragging down the mouse so the kickback is inconsequential? 

it's a skill that many older players know how to do, but I love my aklex. you can actually take advatage of the double fire rate without dragging down. and vectis, oh god now I have to deal with fire rate mods. 

yeah dragging down the mouse so the kickback is inconsequential?

partly that, but also going with the flow of that force. there's some level of 'popcorning' with it, and handling that allows you to just keep firing while continuing to hit Enemies.

i.e. when you have a moment, taking the time to shoot Priority Targets in the face. but for Trash Units, center mass is good enough so you can take advantage of the Fire Rate.

Marelok

the answer has always been that Marelok has no weaknesses, Lex Prime does. this makes Lex Prime a balanced Weapon, and Marelok not.

Marelok can magdump into anything in front of it and mow down whatever it is with your eyes closed, because the gun performs for you. Lex Prime cannot do this, and that is very, very far from a bad thing.

Marksman Weapons are not what Marelok is. yet it pretends like it is one, with very high Damage, Status, low Magazine Size. and yet, again, not a single weakness. Accuracy is plenty high enough to hit anything at any Range, yet it's also low enough where you can just spray.

meanwhile Lex Prime can't just magdump without good capability manage it's Recoiling forces. it wants you to shoot things in the face. it wants you to strike a balance between Sniping and getting things dead fast.

it wants you to be Accurate, because it's very Accurate at all Ranges on the first shot. quick follow ups will deviate some due to Spread Increase per Shot - this can be alright for hitting Groups, but obviously when Sniping doesn't work so well.

make no mistake, Marelok functions as a magdumping Sniper Rifle.

perhaps one day Marelok will justify it's Physical Damage, Status, and perfect balance Accuracy with some Weaknesses.

When you are a god with a G18

(G18 in Call of Duty taking 'skill' to use - *chuckles*)

seriously, that's the poster boy Weapon for fully Automatic Shotgun without Range issues in Call of Duty.

Edited by taiiat

(G18 in Call of Duty taking 'skill' to use - *chuckles*)

seriously, that's the poster boy Weapon for fully Automatic Shotgun without Range issues in Call of Duty.

Call of Duty? Hahahaha, that's cute. I'm talking Battlefield 3 + 4. More so 4 than 3 (I was more of a .44 mag kind of guy in BF3). Before my 5 month hiatus from BF4 I was #1 in the world on XB1 with the G18. That thing has recoil, I have friends who can't hit a wall 3 feet in front of them, and I can cross-map with it xD

Well power doesn't come from nothing, so i fully understand the kickback/recoil on Lex Prime and Vectis Prime. Also it brings the feel of a Hand Cannon and a true Sniper Rifle.

Edited by Lus5ive

I'm talking Battlefield 3 + 4. More so 4 than 3 (I was more of a .44 mag kind of guy in BF3).

ah, in Battlefield.

it's a pretty controllable Weapon, really. since using Auto is only particularly useful at nearly point blank, elsewise you just use it on Semi basically.

you could Burst, but you won't really be Killing the dude any faster due to the moderate percentage of rounds that will devitate.

or just use a Rex/44 and be done with it :)

Tbh that kickback is barely noticeable and barely even needs compensation.

I find that rest of the weapons should actually have some recoil.

it kinda kills the 2 mag in the vectis and the 2 bullets in the lex for me, if I don't drag the mouse down like I did with the kraken. 

ah, in Battlefield.

it's a pretty controllable Weapon, really. since using Auto is only particularly useful at nearly point blank, elsewise you just use it on Semi basically.
you could Burst, but you won't really be Killing the dude any faster due to the moderate percentage of rounds that will devitate.

or just use a Rex/44 and be done with it :)

I use full-auto unless my target is 75+ meters away ;)

Nah, G18 is my bae <3

The vectis prime is perfectly fine. The lex prime Is godlike man love that thing, I just started using it

Don't ask why, but I've built 3 of them, Potatoed 2 of them, and cumulatively Forma'd them 6 times. 

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

If you ask me more weapons need more recoil. It's bad enough Boltor Prime and Soma Prime outshine most weapons but compound that with their near flawless stability. They're incredibly easy to use for how much power they offer.

I really enjoy the Lex Prime. To me it seems like an Orokin Magnum. Because of the existence of the Marelok being superior in every way I would like to see the Lex/AkLex/Lex Prime get some buffs. Still, I enjoy those weapons and even go into the void with AkLex and Lex Prime because of their feel and what strengths they do have.

Steady Hands really does help though I wouldn't call it essential. I can't speak on Vectis Prime except I wish there was a mag reducing mod.

I was flabbergasted when the aksomati got a reload speed buff and the lex series didn't. I think it deserves a slightly shorter base reload time.

well it's made from the akstilleto's, but if you have a lex why would you worry sit back and shoot it's a sniper rifle, and if their really close just mellee.

Recoil control is an essential skill in any shooter (except maybe TF2.) It's just like aim; it's a skill that can be improved through practice. If you have trouble controlling it, I suggest you git gud m8.

it kinda kills the 2 mag in the vectis and the 2 bullets in the lex for me, if I don't drag the mouse down like I did with the kraken. 

question answered a while ago btw, it's just that we shouldn't be able to well...discount the recoil. 

and it kinda doesn't feel like a sniper rifle anymore