Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Loosing On Steam. Hits All Time Low 5Th Place.

TheGeekCritic

For a long while Warframe was 3rd place on the steam free to play list (A feat which the Devs boasted about), it has now reached an all time low of 5th place, after loosing 4th to Trove, and 3rd to Clicker Heroes. I don't see it regaining its steam position of top 3 on the free to play leaderboard unless this update brings more than any update has in the past and with it something that stands out beyond compare. I believe in you Warframe you just got to shine above the rest!

Anyways thought I would let everyone know.

It isn't only available through Steam though. There are a lot of people who use the Warframe launcher just fine. And I'm fairly certain this doesn't account for PS4 or XB1 popularity. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

place its not a good indicator, player count is.

Position & Player count have dropped heavily.

This fluctuation is not normal, yes some are waiting for U17, but this is a sign that warframe is dying more than anything, sad part is I never heard of warframe till I was browsing through steams f2p's and came across it and thought I would give it a try, so lets be honest, Warframe is popular because it came on steam and rolled in attraction from users who were looking for an decent f2p.

Position & Player count have dropped heavily.

Completely inaccurate.

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All

All the top games besides clicker heroes look very stable. DOTA 2 is similar but at a much higher number that makes the rest of the graph all squished so I left it off. Clicker heroes will fall off I think. We'll probably pass it again when 17 comes out and I don't expect it to recover.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230410q363970q304050q440

BRB downloading and trying out Clicker Heroes... >.>

Edited by VKhaun

it's because Warframe doesn't require Steam to play.

if it did, the number would be WAY higher.

i'm glad i don't need to use the Steam Version though, the difference in Loading Times between using the Steam Hooks and just Warframe on it's own is surprisingly huge.

i can't give up 1 second or less Loading Times just to have Steam recognize me playing Warframe again.

i still like Steam, but the Steam Hooks for some reason cause Warframe to run much slower than usual.

- - - - -

so then, your other examples are poor. DOTA2 and TF2 both require Steam to play. so 100% of Players are using Steam.

Clicker Heroes, is an idle Clicker game. people use Macro's and AFK those games 24/7. numbers for those games are the least accurate of any games you could imagine.

TF2 is in the same boat, hundreds of thousands of people are idling like a Clicker game.

while Warframe is available on Steam, but also not.

Edit:

let us also not forget that some of the games ahead on the list there, have received big updates that causes a huge influx of Players. these will disappear in a month.

just like daily Players, Games have large influx of concurrent Players when there's updates, and slowly drops when there isn't one. as long as it's a 'real' game, and not something that lets you idle.... because that's a sneaky and slimy tactic to make games look more popular than they really are.

Edited by taiiat

Dude, just look at Archwing the hype it had and now its got so much hate. There is your evidence.

If people whining on forums is evidence of dying then every game is evidently dying.

Please review the actual player number on STEAM in the charts I posted and note, as taiiat pointed out, Warframe does not actually require STEAM to play in the first place. An undetermined number of our players are not on that graph.

Wow, not to directly offend you, but it's not smart to come up with accusations with such little knowledge. Warframe isn't "dying" also warframe did not get popular because of steam alone, just because that's how you found it doesn't mean thats how others found it. You bring up archewing getting hyped and hated, but that's because we rushed the devs and they felt a need to get it out early, that's a player caused error, the devs probably knew it was rushed slightly.

Wow, not to directly offend you, but it's not smart to come up with accusations with such little knowledge. Warframe isn't "dying" also warframe did not get popular because of steam alone, just because that's how you found it doesn't mean thats how others found it. You bring up archewing getting hyped and hated, but that's because we rushed the devs and they felt a need to get it out early, that's a player caused error, the devs probably knew it was rushed slightly.

For one, players do not control the Devs choices on when they release something or what they make, the Devs have ultimate authority on the Game.

If people whining on forums is evidence of dying then every game is evidently dying.

Please review the actual player number on STEAM in the charts I posted and note, as taiiat pointed out, Warframe does not actually require STEAM to play in the first place. An undetermined number of our players are not on that graph.

Many of those top games are only available through steam, so player count is a terrible positioning system. Also warframe was averaging 50k players, now its below 30k so it has had a 20k decline in the past 6 months.

For a long while Warframe was 3rd place on the steam free to play list (A feat which the Devs boasted about), it has now reached an all time low of 5th place, after loosing 4th to Trove, and 3rd to Clicker Heroes. I don't see it regaining its steam position of top 3 on the free to play leaderboard unless this update brings more than any update has in the past and with it something that stands out beyond compare. I believe in you Warframe you just got to shine above the rest!

Anyways thought I would let everyone know.

warframe always gains new members after a new update and regains all its previous members that were taking brakes..

this is normal.. and the game will continue to climb the charts each update it brings out.

Many of those top games are only available through steam, so player count is a terrible positioning system. 

So what metric are you using to declare the game is "dying"?

Also warframe was averaging 50k players, now its below 30k so it has had a 20k decline in the past 6 months.

Not going to be baited into a cherry picking fight. 

I invite anyone following this thread to actually look at the graphs in my previous post.

No one is going to look at three stable games and see a decline of 40% for just one of them.

Many of those top games are only available through steam, so player count is a terrible positioning system. Also warframe was averaging 50k players, now its below 30k so it has had a 20k decline in the past 6 months.

According to SteamDB the highest peak was 42k and that was 4 months ago. It also says we had a 29k peak today. Steam Charts shows roughly the same numbers. Where did you find the numbers you're posting?