Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Reach

Darktmn

Has anyone noticed that primed reach doesn't work on some weapons, i'v been trying it on my dragon nikana but not noticing any difference in the attack range yet it seems to work on weapons like the dex dakra and even the fang prime

Is this a bug or just me being blind?

Maybe the swing trail doesn't immediately look like that but i think it works, makes my Dragon Nikana almost as long as a staff / Longsword and i'm still 2 ranks away from maxing the mod.

Try to swing the weapon without a stance, with and without primed reach and see from what distance you can hit an enemy.

Maybe the swing trail doesn't immediately look like that but i think it works, makes my Dragon Nikana almost as long as a staff / Longsword and i'm still 2 ranks away from maxing the mod.

Try to swing the weapon without a stance, with and without primed reach and see from what distance you can hit an enemy.

My primed reach is maxed out and i'm not noticing anything and like i said i can see it working on other weapons but not my Dragon Nikana

Ok ran several tests using dragon nikana with and without Primed Reach equipped. Visually, there is no difference on the weapon trail or the weapon.

But there is definitely a difference in the reach, without primed reach i had to get close almost physically in contact with frontal enemies to hit them.

With Primed Reach i can see the weapon hitting frontal enemies from 1 meter or so of distance. As said before, there is not a visual hint from the weapon trail which may look confusing.

It does work.

But having run quite a lot of tests back in the days, my conclusion was that the Reach only increases the range by half of what is written on the mod. So Reach increases the range by 30% instead of 60% and Primed Reach increases the range by 82.5% instead of 165%.

(Lets use the regular Reach (+60%) to illustrate my conclusion)

I believe that the collision mesh of the weapon is being scaled up from the center point of the weapon, like so:

q2jXAH3.png

Instead of scaling from one end of the weapon.

vsm7YzW.png

It only makes sense to scale it up from the center point if the weapon is double edged one, like Staff / Polearms:

oA6EBOV.png

It does work.

But having run quite a lot of tests back in the days, my conclusion was that the Reach only increases the range by half of what is written on the mod. So Reach increases the range by 30% instead of 60% and Primed Reach increases the range by 82.5% instead of 165%.

(Lets use the regular Reach (+60%) to illustrate my conclusion)

I believe that the collision mesh of the weapon is being scaled up from the center point of the weapon, like so:

q2jXAH3.png

Instead of scaling from one end of the weapon.

vsm7YzW.png

It only makes sense to scale it up from the center point if the weapon is double edged one, like Staff / Polearms:

oA6EBOV.png

This is correct. I realized it only gave half of the value when measuring with marker the distance my whip could hit a container at.

Pretty strange. Regardless of how Reach is actually applied I wish it was more clear in game. Right now it isn't clear in the slightest such as what is the range of the weapon be it normal attack, slam attack, wall attack, etc.

I read somewhere they did a stealth nerf on melee range.

And it was a popular thread.

DE Rebecca actully comment on that and said that she would investigate.

So propably not stealth nerf but more like accidentally nerf by mistake

This is correct. I realized it only gave half of the value when measuring with marker the distance my whip could hit a container at.

So this means that my Scoliac can hit something like 14m long instead the 7m she actually does with Primed Reach lvl7?

PLS DE, FIX IT NOW!!!

So is this a mistake about writing down the wrong numbers or did they just mess up in the calculation process? Why not just change the numbers on the mod if that's what they meant in the first place. Extremely misleading... I hate that I used my resources for this.

Edited by thecolin-

I see the problem and totaly agree with your theory... If all weapons where held on one end... But like Tipedo and Orthos Prime etc. are held in the middle this would actually make a bit sense to scale it from middle....

But apparently exactly orthos prime has the most reach regardless from grip position.

*confused

I see the problem and totaly agree with your theory... If all weapons where held on one end... But like Tipedo and Orthos Prime etc. are held in the middle this would actually make a bit sense to scale it from middle....

But apparently exactly orthos prime has the most reach regardless from grip position.

*confused

Even though it sounds logical for polearms and staffs, it should be the range from you to the enemy regardless of the weapon.

Even though it sounds logical for polearms and staffs, it should be the range from you to the enemy regardless of the weapon.

I agree with this.

I'd also like to have another Reach mod, that increases the range with an absolute value.

So instead of +60%, this new mod would be +6m, for example. Would be gread for fist (Ankyros) and sparring (Kogake) weapons.

I agree with this.

I'd also like to have another Reach mod, that increases the range with an absolute value.

So instead of +60%, this new mod would be +6m, for example. Would be gread for fist (Ankyros) and sparring (Kogake) weapons.

And I agree with this.