The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Pre-Corpus Valkyr Be "healed" Valkyr?

Kasseopea

Woah woah woah, if its untouched... This changes everything. I originally thought that it wasnt stated so this is really going to be interesting how DE going to play this out. If they just said its just a skin, im not sure I'd be happy with just that as ab explanation if it truely is untouched. The lore implications would be interesting to see....

If you were making assumptions that because The Valkyr suit powers are "angry theamed" therefore the powers before the Tenno+Suit's vivisection at the hands of Alad V must be less angry, then perhaps you need to brace yourself for a correction of that assumption.

Assumptions are not lore, they are the filler we create to bridge between lore, they can be replaced at any moment with very different information.

The thing is - it would have a bitter taste to it. Ofc, you could say its the "rescued" Valkyr, so basically one that was never caught by corpus or freed before the experiments began.

Just seems to be a bit strange to turn this feline warframe into schroedinger's cat, since she would exist in two forms at the same time this way, rather than being actually restored as a logical continuation of her story.

It's a suit, one of many. Player-Tenno make their own in their forge. We-the-players are not playing that-one-poor-Tenno that Alad-V found in cryo, we are playing our Tenno (Who's call-sign is the same as out account name) who built a Valkyr suit based on the damaged suit.

Depending on the Tenno (player) maybe they only had access to the damaged suit data and later repair it or maybe they get access to the full data and only ever build the true Tenno Valkyr suit. Depends on the choices of that Tenno (Player)

If you were making assumptions that because The Valkyr suit powers are "angry theamed" therefore the powers before the Tenno+Suit's vivisection at the hands of Alad V must be less angry, then perhaps you need to brace yourself for a correction of that assumption.

Assumptions are not lore, they are the filler we create to bridge between lore, they can be replaced at any moment with very different information.

Indeed, however i would like to point out the codex entry:

Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments, leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.

The codex seems to implied she became this way due to the experiments, and that her personality was twisted by them.

Edit: if anything, you could interpret that she could have been a support frame instead of an offensive frame.

Of course she could have always been a beserker frame.

Edited by 321agemo

Indeed, however i would like to point out the codex entry:

The codex seems to implied she became this way due to the experiments, and that her personality was twisted by them.

Edit: if anything, you could interpret that she could have been a support frame instead of an offensive frame.

Of course she could have always been a beserker frame.

You can interpret it any way because there is no comment whatsoever about the nature of the Valkyr suit before the corpus damage (Save the concept art we now have). Nothing about the suit powers implies "scared" and I'd argue that "frighteningly adept at killing." pretty much describes all Tenno+Warframe combinations, all that we have left is "angry" and a base "cat theme" can replace that with "feral" without thematic issue.

What I'm pointing out is that people seem to be objecting based on the fact that they picked one imagined pre-Corpus Valkyr and are asserting that DE are failing to honour their headcanon.

Personally, I would have preferred a more Norse theme with energy spear and shield replacing the claws, but that's not what is happening. Also I understand that power changes are a lot of work and open up a whole can of worms with the tying-abilities-to-cosmetics argument. So I'm very sanguine about the skin-as-we-have-seen-it

So I really object to things like "Valkyr should be XXX YYY because I imagined it differently" It's like the Chroma mess all over again.

Edited by SilentMobius

Human size, I mean we have Relay people, Syndicates, Corpus and the Grineer as reference

And what if the human size ingame is gaint size for us? If there is no metric value attached its all assumption

Edited by Elantira

No necessarily. If you take a good look at Valky's head, there's no way a human head could fit inside her helmet. Parts of the inside of the helmet would literally have to conform to the skull and sit right on top of the bone for a human head to fit in it.

This isn't a problem at all. The Tenno already switch between frames of such incredibly different body shape and style (and gender) without issue that things like "no head could fit in there!" are arguments that don't really matter. There's something more to the frames (or the Tenno) than JUST "people in suits".

This whole thing brought up a question in my head:

Why don't we build that Valkyr? Why do we build the tortured and experimented Valkyr? We rescued her, so why didn't we fix her? Why do we replicate that pain? How do we even do that?

I mean, the current Valkyr we have is this broken and ruined thing by Salad V and the Lotus talks about how the power of the Tenno is sacred. So, assuming this Pre-Corpus/Healed/Restored Valkyr is somehow different from our Valkyr aside from looks, why haven't we tried to restore her all this time?

Why don't we build that Valkyr? Why do we build the tortured and experimented Valkyr? We rescued her, so why didn't we fix her? Why do we replicate that pain? How do we even do that?

I mean, the current Valkyr we have is this broken and ruined thing by Salad V and the Lotus talks about how the power of the Tenno is sacred. So, assuming this Pre-Corpus/Healed/Restored Valkyr is somehow different from our Valkyr aside from looks, why haven't we tried to restore her all this time?

Well we don't actually rescue that Tenno, she escaped on her own. We take down Alad-V, take any research and build our own suit.

Now it can be suggested that if there is a "living" techno-organic nature component to a Warframe and an aspect to that living nature that allows Tenno to channel the energies of the void through it then traumatic emotions and energies could make a permanent change to parts of the suit. Hence even when replicating the design from scratch it's impossible to make a functioning warframe without retaining the damage.

When this skin comes out maybe at that point we find a new reference or simply more data. Hell maybe we get to beat up mutalist Alad V again for the data on the Original Valkyr suit that he kept so well hidden last time.

But given that the "skin" will be a plat purchase, it will most likely just be a "Tenno have finally recovered enough information to allow construction of the Valkry Warframe as it was during the Orokin era"

Edited by SilentMobius

Well we don't actually rescue that Tenno, she escaped on her own. We take down Alad-V, take any research and build our own suit.

Now it can be suggested that if there is a "living" techno-organic nature component to a Warframe and an aspect to that living nature that allows Tenno to channel the energies of the void through it then traumatic emotions and energies could make a permanent change to parts of the suit. Hence even when replicating the design from scratch it's impossible to make a functioning warframe without retaining the damage.

Top it off with the ever-present "we simply can't find the blueprints to fully construct the Warframe anymore" (as is so often the case, Mirage, Limbo). This skin would be the result of us finding parts of that lost information, but all in all we simply can't recreate the Undamaged from scratch.

I like that overall take on the matter, though. New headcanon confirmed.

Edited by Morec0

This. I get some of the stuff, but they could at least cover some of the body damage.

And one more thing - Lotus seems to know about every fart of Corpus, Grineer and Infested, but somehow they managed to oversee Valkyr for so long? It seems pretty unreal.

It's a SKIN. #fact

Try not to win all the orginality prizes at once

This. I get some of the stuff, but they could at least cover some of the body damage.

And one more thing - Lotus seems to know about every fart of Corpus, Grineer and Infested, but somehow they managed to oversee Valkyr for so long? It seems pretty unreal.

She doesn't, though, that's lore-confirmed. She knows what information we're able to bring her and we can miss things, and even then the Corpus (and likely the Grineer as well) have "blackout sites" that operate off the grid so she can't intercept communications. This is how Nullifiers were able to get started.

Not to mention she DID know that the Corpus had Valkyr. Gradivus Dilemma was the choice between "save your fellow Tenno from Alad V's clutches, or save Corpus from being enslaved by the Grineer". Siding with the Grineer led to the first point happening. She knew, she left the choice in our hands, and we did get to them.

As for covering up some of the damage: I believe that's what armor attachments and Syandanas are for? Of course, Valkyr can also wear bonds - when, logically why she'd want to relive such a thing would be mind-boggling - so it may also be an attempt to send a message "you can bend us, but we'll never snap" sort of thing. Psychological warfare - 'cause if I saw the battered cut up body of someone I dissected charging at me hungry for blood, I'd be pretty fuckin' freaked out myself.

Edited by Morec0

She doesn't, though, that's lore-confirmed. She knows what information we're able to bring her and we can miss things, and even then the Corpus (and likely the Grineer as well) have "blackout sites" that operate off the grid so she can't intercept communications. This is how Nullifiers were able to get started.

Not to mention she DID know that the Corpus had Valkyr. Gradivus Dilemma was the choice between "save your fellow Tenno from Alad V's clutches, or save Corpus from being enslaved by the Grineer". Siding with the Grineer led to the first point happening. She knew, she left the choice in our hands, and we did get to them.

As for covering up some of the damage: I believe that's what armor attachments and Syandanas are for? Of course, Valkyr can also wear bonds - when, logically why she'd want to relive such a thing would be mind-boggling - so it may also be an attempt to send a message "you can bend us, but we'll never snap" sort of thing. Psychological warfare - 'cause if I saw the battered cut up body of someone I dissected charging at me hungry for blood, I'd be pretty fuckin' freaked out myself.

Yeah, but were able to prevent literally every single plan of any of those big bosses ever since.

Besides - having a scarf-tail while have your skull is missing, isn't that good of a cover-up. There is the bastet helmet though.

And yeah, you are partially right, but this seems about as logic as Two-Face - yeah, sure, those 3rd-degree burns and half your skull exposed are not endangering your health in the slightiest.

If you look at her legs, there is still liquid oozing from the bolts and her SPINE is exposed. .

Edited by Kasseopea

Yeah, but were able to prevent literally every single plan of any of those big bosses ever since.

Besides - having a scarf-tail while have your skull is missing, isn't that good of a cover-up. There is the bastet helmet though.

And yeah, you are partially right, but this seems about as logic as Two-Face - yeah, sure, those 3rd-degree burns and half your skull exposed are not endangering your health in the slightiest.

If you look at her legs, there is still liquid oozing from the bolts and her SPINE is exposed. .

Eyes of Blight would disagree. It's not that we WEREN'T able to prevent plans, we were able to recover Valkyr, after all, so Alad's attempts to fully utilize her in mass-producing Zanuka's weren't COMPLETELY successful, it's that we simply weren't able to do such a thing without taking damage from the event.

Warframes can take blast, toxin, radiation, slash, ALL KINDA of hits regularly without showing any visible scars of it. They're incredibly durable, which makes the fact Alad V was actually able to twist the Valkyr frame in one way or another all the more morbidly impressive. "Healthy" isn't 100% something they need to worry about, they can keep going at full-force regardless of how much damage or what condition they are in - basically its like driving into a wall, you're never slowed until the moment when you finally crash.

It's simply a matter that we WEREN'T able to get any information on how to repair her - Warframes have been lost to history before, Mirage and Limbo for example, and they're often not easily found. If the "cache of Tenno" Alad found and kept that kicked off Gradivus were ALL Valkyrs, then he could have feasibly damaged each and every one beyond repair in one way or another - the kara helmet would be another example of a Valkyr twisted by his experiments. He likely had a few, dissecting even the data of the blueprints (or destroying them completely, forcing us to rely on the information provided by his research to create them) which would ultimately mean we're forced to play by his rules while recreating the frame.

The Valkyr frame STILL a powerful tool, after all, and some of those pins may actually be holding her together - a patchwork job, as it were.

Pre-Corpus Valkyr, based on the information we're given, would be one of those Valkyr's that were luckily spared Alad's treatment by either not having gotten to him yet or in cryosleep elsewhere. Same powers or different powers or not - though I remain of the mind her powers were functionally the same only with different visuals and cries tied to them (after all, no Valkyr lover is going to want to buy Valkyr Prime only to find out it was a healer).

Edited by Morec0

I think battle scars not showing up on warframes is just a game mechanic.

I think that Warframe is a visual design based game first and foremost. The story is put in later. 

With Valkyr the developer intent may have been to show that frame design was highly influenced by Corpus vivisection and live experimentation.

Why a Valkyr frame would keep artefacts of that time on it is a rationalisation we make after the fact. It could be anything. If I were asked to suggest something I would say it's a memento mori like how survivors of concentration camps bear their scars on them so others can remember.

Eyes of Blight would disagree. It's not that we WEREN'T able to prevent plans, we were able to recover Valkyr, after all, so Alad's attempts to fully utilize her in mass-producing Zanuka's weren't COMPLETELY successful, it's that we simply weren't able to do such a thing without taking damage from the event.

Warframes can take blast, toxin, radiation, slash, ALL KINDA of hits regularly without showing any visible scars of it. They're incredibly durable, which makes the fact Alad V was actually able to twist the Valkyr frame in one way or another all the more morbidly impressive. "Healthy" isn't 100% something they need to worry about, they can keep going at full-force regardless of how much damage or what condition they are in - basically its like driving into a wall, you're never slowed until the moment when you finally crash.

It's simply a matter that we WEREN'T able to get any information on how to repair her - Warframes have been lost to history before, Mirage and Limbo for example, and they're often not easily found. If the "cache of Tenno" Alad found and kept that kicked off Gradivus were ALL Valkyrs, then he could have feasibly damaged each and every one beyond repair in one way or another - the kara helmet would be another example of a Valkyr twisted by his experiments. He likely had a few, dissecting even the data of the blueprints (or destroying them completely, forcing us to rely on the information provided by his research to create them) which would ultimately mean we're forced to play by his rules while recreating the frame.

The Valkyr frame STILL a powerful tool, after all, and some of those pins may actually be holding her together - a patchwork job, as it were.

Pre-Corpus Valkyr, based on the information we're given, would be one of those Valkyr's that were luckily spared Alad's treatment by either not having gotten to him yet or in cryosleep elsewhere. Same powers or different powers or not - though I remain of the mind her powers were functionally the same only with different visuals and cries tied to them (after all, no Valkyr lover is going to want to buy Valkyr Prime only to find out it was a healer).

Would be true, however i prefer the theory that Warframes are unique. The reason is that they are always adressed as if by their name. I.e. "Valkyr is capable of" instead of "A Valkyr is capable of" - this points out their uniqueness.

This is also supported by the fact that everyone is twisted in their own way by the void, thus creating a unique look and set of abilities, thus two people cannot become the same frame. Twins might turn into Anima & Animus alikes. The reason 2 players can have the same frame is the same meta-reason everyone in an MMORPG is the chosen one.

Ofc there would be the Alad V trailer, where he cuts an Ex apart, which once again kind of fcks up one part of the lore to establish another, making it one big mess. (the difference to being mysterious is that we have too many puzzle pieces, which dont fit with each other and cannot be made fit)

And the thing about "Holding her together" is rather strange, since it would reduce her functionality on a mechanic basis. If you have half a dozen 2-inch-bolts in your legs, they wont work as they supposed to, no matter how you look at it.

Would be true, however i prefer the theory that Warframes are unique. The reason is that they are always adressed as if by their name. I.e. "Valkyr is capable of" instead of "A Valkyr is capable of" - this points out their uniqueness.

This is also supported by the fact that everyone is twisted in their own way by the void, thus creating a unique look and set of abilities, thus two people cannot become the same frame. Twins might turn into Anima & Animus alikes. The reason 2 players can have the same frame is the same meta-reason everyone in an MMORPG is the chosen one.

Ofc there would be the Alad V trailer, where he cuts an Ex apart, which once again kind of fcks up one part of the lore to establish another, making it one big mess. (the difference to being mysterious is that we have too many puzzle pieces, which dont fit with each other and cannot be made fit)

And the thing about "Holding her together" is rather strange, since it would reduce her functionality on a mechanic basis. If you have half a dozen 2-inch-bolts in your legs, they wont work as they supposed to, no matter how you look at it.

Not really. Limbo Theorem confirms that the Tenno are just switching between the Warframes, and that we're playing as a singular Tenno that does so. That said, it's pretty much clear the Warframes are more of a mass-produced suit/body (depending on what theory you subscribe to) for the Tenno, with the frames deciding the powers rather than the Tenno themselves. And, hell, even before that "the original Valkyr" mentioned in this thread a few times would suggest there was more than one.

So the Alad V trailer doesn't mess with anything, nor does the fact people can have multiple of the same frame. They're all different frames, and the player character is the Tenno that switches between them. There seems to have been no "unique" changes to people who were twisted by the Void, and based on the fact we were the chosen weapon against the Sentients that twisting had at least in part to do with generally being turned into conduits of pure Void energy.

You're attempting to apply a little too much real-world logic to the Warframes, all in all. These are things that with some have the ability to switch the entire shape of their bodies at will (animus/anima), they don't really seem like they'd be impaired by biology all too much.

Edited by Morec0

And yet Steve said "Your Tenno rather than your Ember" When talking about the focus system. There _must_ have been multiple Warframes of each type because at the bare minimum Someone was wearing "Excalibur" and someone was wearing "Excalibur Prime" Also, An Excalibur Wearer died in the profit trailer and a different Excalibur appears in the Tomb of the Sentients trailer (as you mention, but rather than messing anything up it simply illustrated your understanding is flawed) so there is no special rule needed for the player as all Tenno share the same rules, there are definitely multiple of at least some types of Warframes.

Think about this: metalic blocks that were restraining and draining the Tenno's void energy. As that Tenno-in-Valkyr becomes accustomed to the pain the suit heals around _and through_ these restraints, co-opting their energy-conduits and re-purposing them. The elegant emitters for the Void energy that shaped Valkyrs claws are beyond repair, but the elements in the restraints will suffice, and raw void energy boils out of ever crack and pitted surface making the rough and ready claws that we saw when the Warframe was released.

Now, the original emitters are gone, we have no information about them but we have scans of what the suit did to the restraints, So when the suit is "baking" we put in similar restraints and let the techno-organic material do it's thing again.

The bolts are similar. The legs have critical damage and the suit adapted, pulling the elements in, now the suit material needs them there.

How legs function is less of an issue, we know that Warframes require exotic deformation of the wearer, bolts are no different to the missing skull-top of Limbo or Squall Frost, just part of the price of wearing the suit.

*EDIT* Heh, Morec0 end up saying the same thing in different ways at the same time.

Edited by SilentMobius

Umm.... just by the words

pre-corpus = not experimented on / armor fully intact

past-corpus = experimented on / would want her armor restored, healing might be needed more in the psychological way...

Well, yeah

Not really. Limbo Theorem confirms that the Tenno are just switching between the Warframes, and that we're playing as a singular Tenno that does so. That said, it's pretty much clear the Warframes are more of a mass-produced suit/body (depending on what theory you subscribe to) for the Tenno, with the frames deciding the powers rather than the Tenno themselves. And, hell, even before that "the original Valkyr" mentioned in this thread a few times would suggest there was more than one.

So the Alad V trailer doesn't mess with anything, nor does the fact people can have multiple of the same frame. They're all different frames, and the player character is the Tenno that switches between them. There seems to have been no "unique" changes to people who were twisted by the Void, and based on the fact we were the chosen weapon against the Sentients that twisting had at least in part to do with generally being turned into conduits of pure Void energy.

You're attempting to apply a little too much real-world logic to the Warframes, all in all. These are things that with some have the ability to switch the entire shape of their bodies at will (animus/anima), they don't really seem like they'd be impaired by biology all too much.

Aaaand then it doesn't make sense that we get Valkyr's psychological situation. If a single Tenno is switching, is he turning into a psycho when entering Valkyr? Also - male / female? Not that i would despise the though a pair of sweet DDs when pulling Saryn on, it just seems a little strange.

You said yourself that you think Tenno are human nature - how are they switching between different body shapes? And more important - different mental states? Because Hysteria is definately not just a technique. And don't give me the "they are energy now". It's a cheap way out and we both know it.

And yes - i like the plot to be coherent. Not full of holes and held together by good thinking and fairy dust. The personal note of a warframe was made clear times and again, making them sound unique, but then they write themselves into a corner, and voila, they are mass production, since otherwise they couldn't sacrifce warframes without killing content and it wouldn't be as "dramatic". However, in none of the stories is a word about a "Frost-Clan, consisting out of steelward Frosts" or the "Ember legacy", just as there are never mentioned to be 2 of the same warframes together.

I think at one point it was "Okaay...well, we need some tension, something that makes the players more engaged. You know, otherwise they might think that they are invincible - being futuristic, superpowered, heavily armored, shielded Space Ninjas with BFGs, 2-Handed-Swords, Flamethrowers, Rocket Launchers, Chainsaws, Wolverine Claws and a fckn Tentacle Shotgun. Gogogo, saw one apart so they see they are totally at danger"

Thing is - there would also be the possibility of a "rescued" Valkyr. Would be awesome if it would be paired with some event. You know, like Tempo Royale or Primed Chamber - you only get the skin if jump through a wormhole with your liset, go back to the point where Valkyr is caught and free her. Preferably while hanging Alad V by his balls.

Aaaand then it doesn't make sense that we get Valkyr's psychological situation. If a single Tenno is switching, is he turning into a psycho when entering Valkyr? Also - male / female? Not that i would despise the though a pair of sweet DDs when pulling Saryn on, it just seems a little strange.

You said yourself that you think Tenno are human nature - how are they switching between different body shapes? And more important - different mental states? Because Hysteria is definately not just a technique. And don't give me the "they are energy now". It's a cheap way out and we both know it.

Whatever physical issues the pilot may have, the Warframe solves it. That's all we need to know until DE want to give us more information, the "how" will come later.

As I quoted from Steve above "Your Tenno rather than your Ember", the suit is a a hyper-advanced techno-organic, living death machine, with a name, but it's still a suit. Your Tenno is named after your account name (NPC's use that name) and Ember/Valkyr /etc is the name of the Warframe (NPC's point out which Warframe you're using as well)

And yes, any Tenno wearing a Valkyr frame _does_ need to get into the right mindset to funnel Void energy appropriately.... that's what affinity ranks are all about, being able to work in simpatico with the needs of the Warframe, like a Zen warrior monk, be one with the weapon. Or... if you you prefer, a bit like the 40K Eldar aspect warriors.

Literally "affinity": "inherent likeness or agreement; close resemblance or connection."

Edited by SilentMobius

And yes - i like the plot to be coherent. Not full of holes and held together by good thinking and fairy dust. The personal note of a warframe was made clear times and again, making them sound unique, but then they write themselves into a corner, and voila, they are mass production, since otherwise they couldn't sacrifce warframes without killing content and it wouldn't be as "dramatic". However, in none of the stories is a word about a "Frost-Clan, consisting out of steelward Frosts" or the "Ember legacy", just as there are never mentioned to be 2 of the same warframes together.

I think at one point it was "Okaay...well, we need some tension, something that makes the players more engaged. You know, otherwise they might think that they are invincible - being futuristic, superpowered, heavily armored, shielded Space Ninjas with BFGs, 2-Handed-Swords, Flamethrowers, Rocket Launchers, Chainsaws, Wolverine Claws and a fckn Tentacle Shotgun. Gogogo, saw one apart so they see they are totally at danger"

Thing is - there would also be the possibility of a "rescued" Valkyr. Would be awesome if it would be paired with some event. You know, like Tempo Royale or Primed Chamber - you only get the skin if jump through a wormhole with your liset, go back to the point where Valkyr is caught and free her. Preferably while hanging Alad V by his balls.

The Tenno came from humanity, we know that for a fact, but what the Void did to them is horribly unclear - as is what the Warframes themselves might be able to do to them (Steve credited Guyver as a source of inspiration once, an anime in which exosuits reshape their wearer to fit them, even adding whole other organs).

The matter, though, isn't a "can they?" thing, it's confirmed. They can. They do. The question is "how?", but that question doesn't any less make the fact they DO a fact. We have in-game in-QUEST - basically STORY - confirmation they can. And, in hindsight, Vor's statement "each Warframe you control" seems to have been hinting towards that as well.

To me, the Warframes are more than just suits of armor. They're living creatures in their own right - an example of which is seen in the Rhino Prime Codex, a Rhino-creature using Rhino abilities before it was ever made into a Warframe, before Warframes were even a thing - and with that they have their own innate personalities. They're not sentient creature of their own free-will (at least, not since the Orokin re-purposed them to be used by the Tenno) but they still have bits and pieces of what they were left. We see this in their various stances, and most notably in Valkyr's ability to audibly express herself.

So it's a mental feedback, not unlike the Venom symbiotes from Spiderman, the Tenno is the dominate mind but bits and pieces of the Warframe's own personality influence them. Hence there might be a bit of a individual take on them as well. And there wouldn't be a "Frost Clan" or "Ember Legacy" because that doesn't seem to be how Tenno organized themselves. Based on what the Devs have said the original Tenno clans bore the name of the polarities we know - Madurai, Varazin, ect. Tenno weren't divided by their frames, they were but tools - sacred tools, but tools none the less.

Of course, your theory ALSO wouldn't account for how the likes of Mirage and Limbo can be brought back when they were VERY much killed in their respective stories. If every Tenno IS just one and one alone, then they ought be gone for good. But, no, we have them in the present. Again, the lore is what it is.

As for "cheap way out and you know it", cheap or not I AM of the mind that we're basically a soul infused with the power of the Void, but that idea isn't the only explanation (as I noted above). As Vor once said "I know you are sour on mysticism, but I am beginning to turn my gaze towards it."

I get the strong sense you don't like this, but it really doesn't MATTER whether you like it or not. It is what it is, and confirmation has shown us that it is most certainly Tenno can switch between frames.

And I dislike time travel stories where time travel isn't a central focus, so I'm not going to touch that last comment.

EDIT: Damnit, beat by Mobius.

Edited by Morec0