Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Concept Forum Discussion - What Kind Of Abilities Should The "catbrows" Have?

Morec0

What is this?

Rather than just post ideas of my own, I thought it might be interesting to discuss a certain potential idea together.

What are we discussing?

What kind of abilities should the "Catbrows" have?

Needless to say they ought to be separate from Kubrows, unique in their own way, but Kubrows as they are over a WIDE variety of abilities. From Stealth, to Defense, to Offensive, to even Support. They were ALREADY made to sort of sand up to the Sentinels with their own take on what the Sentinels can do, so is there even a niche left?

Well, personally, I think the variation should come in with their BASE mannerisms. Even the Huras Kubrow's invisibility doesn't stop it from being incredibly offensive, and it will barrel ahead of you to attack whatever it pleases during a mission. I'm borrowing from a previous idea of mine, but I think the "Catbrows" should adopt a more defensive side to that.

Rather than barrel ahead and attack things on its own, the Catbrows should remain by their master's side and only attack when he/she attacks or is attacked, and even then only do that to WHAT does the attacking. This would allow them to fill the niche of "Stealth Companions" and allow Tenno to bring them on missions that require Stealth (Spy, notably) or whenever they want to do a Stealth run on their own.

Abilities would work in similar manner and with effects to help with this set, but I'll leave their specifics up to discussion. 

That's my input, anyway. Further thoughts?

Popular Opinions:

None.

Edited by Morec0

I think one of them should start healing you once you end up taking health damage. It will start creating a little bubble around itself similar to sanctuary so it won't be completely defenseless, and it will heal 10% of your hp per second for 5 seconds with a cooldown of 15 seconds or so.

Can't imagine them fighting alongside the Tenno like the Kubrows do. I guess they'd have a more utility-based combat style, probably startling enemies, pouncing on them, tripping them up when they step on their tails etc. 

Personally, I'd like to see them have a short/mid range attack that makes them spit venom, since the concept images show some reptilian characteristics.

i could see one doing an AoE attack where it is slashing it's claws all about.

Maybe one could do a buff for the owner.  think of it as a mini rhino roar just for you.

Yeah, the tails give me a sense of a they will (or at least could) be used as a form of attack as well. A whole tail-whip-style thing, they spin around and slash at the enemies around them.

I think one of them should start healing you once you end up taking health damage. It will start creating a little bubble around itself similar to sanctuary so it won't be completely defenseless, and it will heal 10% of your hp per second for 5 seconds with a cooldown of 15 seconds or so.

I was speaking with a guy in council chat a while back and we sorta came to a similar conclusion that the concept art gave it a kinda alien look that would work will for some kind of telepathic abilities or something. Since then the model seems to have gotten a more rugged and it's lost most of the sleek that gave it that quality, but an ability to heal the user would be useful.

I want to ride Velociraptors.

Or MOAs. 

Or just have a MOA PET instead of a friggin expendable specter. 

But since we are into the MEEHOW bandwagon (yeah that's I call them) ...

They don't bark. 

They don't scratch their fleas (they have none). 

They don't do the scuttlebutt. 

Tenno should hold a laser-pointer (marker) as a secondary weapon to mark targets. Cats don't resist laser pointers...

I'm a bit short of non-joke abilities though. What can be done which is not a rehash of current warframe skills?

Ok let me go with the more interesting warframe skills to have a cat-variant and are not upfront raw damage and se where my imagination leads me.

Those may be cat precepts or mods, take your pick:

Mind control - beautiful cat entrances enemy. Enemy play by Tenno's side for a while. (Yeah, Nyx)

Scavenge - tears a corpse apart, finds extra loot. (one corpse at a time)

Silence shroud - Makes self and frame silent for a while.

Stomp - knocks back enemies.

Shiny Eyes - Blinds enemies.

Hairball vomit - pukes goo on ground, slows down enemies stepping on it. (take that infested moas)

Sit - Cat becomes a huge petrified bullet sponge (takes max. 1% damage per hit/second or something) and irresistibly aggros enemies. Doesn't attack back on this state.

Schadenfreude - Warframe gains HP/shields/energy when cat takes damage. For those (like me) who take pleasure at torturing fluffy things >:-D Synergizes with Sit, so one'd better be a mod while the other an innate ability.

Polymorph - Cat becomes a warframe specter for a few seconds and shoots back.

Fur Puff - Status proc in an area (rainbow cat!)

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

Catbrows main difference should be how they move. Sentinels fly, Kubrows sprint, Catbrows run on walls and climb on ceilings. They're light and agile, and their damage should focus on crits? Instead of vicious take down maybe focusing on subtelty would avoid any niche conflict with sentinels and Kubrows.