The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is With All The Keyshares?

mmcareen

Question

The title pretty much says it all.  It seems like everything is a keyshare, maybe 1 out of 15 are not.  I'm not talking about Alad V either, just towers.  I can understand non-less runs at least.  That carrier piece out of T3E, RNG is not on my side, 40+ right now, so I can understand that.  But everything is a keyshare, Hosting T4D keyshare.  T3S Survival Keyshare.  T1C Keyshare.  If your running a Tower 4 Def, even if you only go to 20 waves, that's 20-25 minutes.  closer to 25.  so that's over a hour and a half.  That's a serious commitment there.  Personally, I have never hopped in 1 keyshare(besides Mutalist Alad V)  I do share my keys, I do Host and if I get in something and that person loads more the one guy, I generally load mine was well.  Currently have no T3MD or T3E because of that.  I have noticed other people in recruiting ask the same question, which is why i'm asking it here.  Because when I started playing this on PC, I just figured it was a PC thing but seeing other people ask it too, got me wondering.  So Is this a new thing or has it always been like it this? 

Its because the new prime just came out recently, so everyone is trying to make sure they get the most of theyre farming

It is not a new thing, it happens after every new prime release. Once the market price of the new prime parts goes down, you will see less and less keyshares.

It wasn't always like this. Key sharing only recently became popular, because of mesa's grind-wall. It was an extremely rare thing for when hydroid came out, but it was only key shares for hydroid, not void missions in general. We can blame mesa's grind-wall for players looking into more 'efficient' farming tactics, which were then passed on to void keys.

Keyshares are pretty nice for those T3/T4 non-endless mission since the keys themselves take time and luck to get, and you only get one reward per mission (with a 95% or so chance that'll be something you don't want). Not to mention it's logical to get 4 items for the price of only one key. Can't imagine sitting through a Defense/Survival keyshare though.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Have you seen the survival keyshares lately? They've been booming quite a lot and I joined one the other day - 60 minutes each for 4 keys of t3 survival. Never again xD

Keyshares are commons, especially when some keys are pretty hard to come by. I remember when nova prime came out and everybody was keysharing t4 sabotage keys because they were fairly rare and it was hard enough to find people who actually wanted to use them.

Its been increasing because DE took out the specific key packs offering in syndicates, T4's used to be in a high supply, but now that there more rare, people do more keyshares to get more out of there key.

Good thing consoles still have it in key packs. Still a lot of keyshares though. Especially t4 Sab.

Good thing consoles still have it in key packs. Still a lot of keyshares though. Especially t4 Sab.

PC still have the packs too. He/she is referring to the packs that had 5 keys of a specific tower mission. I ran up rep points and bought tons of T4S and T4D before the changes to the packs.

Now they're in packs of 3 of random keys varying from T1 to T4.

I find key sharing to be a courteous thing to do. If I have a group I don't expect them to use one of their keys if I've used mine. But if I am using my key I do expect them to follow my lead whether it's playing up to so many waves or finding all the containers in the sabotage missions.

PC still have the packs too. He/she is referring to the packs that had 5 keys of a specific tower mission. I ran up rep points and bought tons of T4S and T4D before the changes to the packs.

Now they're in packs of 3 of random keys varying from T1 to T4.

That sounds amazing. Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

.... Can't imagine sitting through a Defense/Survival keyshare though.

Have you seen the survival keyshares lately? They've been booming quite a lot and I joined one the other day - 60 minutes each for 4 keys of t3 survival. Never again xD.....

Yeah I've seen the keyshare requests for Survival and defense missions and when I see them I kind of cringe inside thinking of the time commitment.  Four T4 Defenses in a row?  It's not impossible and I might do that impromptu sometime.  But I'd like the option to leave whenever I want and not be locked in.  So yeah I avoid those types of keyshares as well. 

Keyshares are mainly for T3MD, T4E (which has been a thing for a long time), T3E, T3S, T3D, T4Sab, and occasionally T2E and T1MD.  You can thank the ludicrously low drop rates (5% and below) of the new Prime Parts there, or the key being a pain in the &#! to obtain (I'm looking at you, T4Sab and T4E).

protip to circumvent keysharing, may get you a bad reputation.... actually it certainly will.

key sharing is rather naive
all you really need is a copy of every key just to show those idiots

but just cuz you have the key and showed them does mean you are obligated to actually share it with them.

you're more likely to get away with it in endless void keyshares cuz who knows what will happen...people gotta go, they gotta go simple

;3

My problem with keyshares is that I can only host 3 man squads or risk dcs. Really stressful praying that the game will assign someone else the role of host mid-load. Woe is me, sitting on my literal mountain of unhostable T4 and T3 keys.

The title pretty much says it all.  It seems like everything is a keyshare, maybe 1 out of 15 are not.  I'm not talking about Alad V either, just towers.  I can understand non-less runs at least.  That carrier piece out of T3E, RNG is not on my side, 40+ right now, so I can understand that.  But everything is a keyshare, Hosting T4D keyshare.  T3S Survival Keyshare.  T1C Keyshare.  If your running a Tower 4 Def, even if you only go to 20 waves, that's 20-25 minutes.  closer to 25.  so that's over a hour and a half.  That's a serious commitment there.  Personally, I have never hopped in 1 keyshare(besides Mutalist Alad V)  I do share my keys, I do Host and if I get in something and that person loads more the one guy, I generally load mine was well.  Currently have no T3MD or T3E because of that.  I have noticed other people in recruiting ask the same question, which is why i'm asking it here.  Because when I started playing this on PC, I just figured it was a PC thing but seeing other people ask it too, got me wondering.  So Is this a new thing or has it always been like it this? 

If you don't want to stay the full hour then offer to use your key first. Problem solved. /thread

lol  key share are for new players that hasn't explored the star chart and finds out where gives what. t3 keys used to be from Jupiter on up and t4 was always intercept. now for some unholy ridiculous reason its just t1 keys from mercury to pluto ( DE's YOQ).

I have a list of where in the solar to go and get what key types written in a note book on my desk just so I don't waste time hunting  and searching for a key to play the level or type of void mission I want to.

basically the "YOQ" has been the era of disappointments.

protip to circumvent keysharing, may get you a bad reputation.... actually it certainly will.

but just cuz you have the key and showed them does mean you are obligated to actually share it with them.

you're more likely to get away with it in endless void keyshares cuz who knows what will happen...people gotta go, they gotta go simple

;3

That's just really unethical and self centered. I hope you take some time to really think about what you're doing here.

;3

So you cheat and brag about it on the forums. Aren't you just awesome. Congratulations. High-five. Slow clap. That is really an achievement to be proud of.

I hate keyshares so much. I just want mesa.. but I only have her helmet. I only got her helmet from this one guy who wasn't hosting an alad v mutalist for everybody no key required.

Sucks pretty much, bye bye mesa.. now I cant prepare for mesa prime.

Edited by DeadOxeron