The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The New Parkour 2.0 Remove Coptering?

iceyShardZ

i heard a new update is coming soon,about parkour 2.0 , i think i heard they will remove the coptering mechanic

i love coptering, i wish they could make an option to keep the coptering for certain warframes,i don't want the coptering mechanic to be gone :S

i mean with frost i just have to have it, and i noticed that coptering is much faster than the new parkour moves,

if you copter right (aim up then down to boost yourself, etc) you can go past entire rooms in a second,and it is one of the most fun things to me in warframe,i hope they wouldn't remove coptering :S:S:S:S

Edited by iceyShardZ

Parkour2.0 is still heavily under development, with many things liable to change. One of the key details is that, while coptering will be significantly reduced, a variety of movement tricks will be added, enabling skilled players to reach similar speeds to what is currently possible.

From what I've hear, air dashes, double jumps, wall-boosting have all been mentioned a few times, although I have no idea which will make the final cut.

Edited by Kthal

arrgh, is there no way to send them feedback? i mean i think the corrent coptering makes sense, because if you have a weapon like the scindo and you are gonna fly like a rocket to your enemies,it would just leave no more advantages to attack speed based weapons

Wow, OP, you have already heard of this?

It has only been one month ever since they said it!! It's like you're the first one here to come to the forum with this piece of news!

(That was sarcasm)

Now just go and watch the dozens of vine videos that [DE]Steve has uploaded on his Twitter account to see how fast and cool the new flying moves are in the new Parcour.

i did like the doulbe jump mechanic and wall boost and aim and that matrix thingy when you aim while you jump left or right and you shoot in mid air (idk how its called xD)

but the bullet jump looks kind of bad to me,i mean i dig the animation but i can prove by video that coptering can be 10 times more efficient if you take a fang prime or a tipedo,and i think the general idea of "slow heavy weapon makes you slower" makes sense

Wow, OP, you have already heard of this?

It has only been one month ever since they said it!! It's like you're the first one here to come to the forum with this piece of news!

(That was sarcasm)

Now just go and watch the dozens of vine videos that [DE]Steve has uploaded on his Twitter account to see how fast and cool the new flying moves are in the new Parcour.

wanna bet coptering is faster? >:)

arrgh, is there no way to send them feedback? i mean i think the corrent coptering makes sense, because if you have a weapon like the scindo and you are gonna fly like a rocket to your enemies,it would just leave no more advantages to attack speed based weapons

Coptering will go, but what we can do is to be quick once the new system gets released : if enough people give people really fast, we'd have something polished in a matter of weeks...

From what I've gathered so far:

No more coptering although slide attacks are still a thing.

BulletJump will replace the current Slide+Jump manoeuvre.

Wallrunning will be replaced with Wallhopping. More control from what I saw.

You will be able to latch onto walls. Would be nice if we could slide down the wall as well. 

Double jumps are a thing(WOOOOOOOO).

Still don't know if they're planning on changing aerial melee in some way. If they are then maybe they'll fix the momentum it gives you.

Still kinda fuzzy on everything. Steve's twitter/vine has sneak peeks.

i heard a new update is coming soon,about parkour 2.0 , i think i heard they will remove the coptering mechanic

i love coptering, i wish they could make an option to keep the coptering for certain warframes,i don't want the coptering mechanic to be gone :S

i mean with frost i just have to have it, and i noticed that coptering is much faster than the new parkour moves,

if you copter right (aim up then down to boost yourself, etc) you can go past entire rooms in a second,and it is one of the most fun things to me in warframe,i hope they wouldn't remove coptering :S:S:S:S

Coptering will be gone but also stamina wich alows unlimited sprint and parcour.

Sliding helps Frost to keep up. Yes, coptering is faster but hard to control and requires certain meele weapons, parcour 2.0 will be precisely and take skill to use.

Edited by (PS4)Prisma144

wanna bet coptering is faster? >:)

You already lose the bet.

Please see this Mogamu video for an in-game comparison (do watch it till 5:30):

https://youtu.be/eMBspqc8uyk?t=3m53s

The new move spans one of the biggest Grineer Galleon tilesets in a matter of few seconds. Note the Mogamu, using one of the best coptering weapons currently available, has difficulty reproducing the feat. And he isn't faster.

So, now that you have lost this bet, wanna bet that:

1) The new system is more flexible and powerful, allowing you to aim effectively at the enemies from the air, change course in the middle, chain jumps, and so on?

2) The new system is not going to force you to pick always the same weapons for maximum speed? Are you sick and tired of a game mechanics that forces you to never pick some weapons?

3) The new system is going to be more fun?

You already lose the bet.

Please see this Mogamu video for an in-game comparison (do watch it till 5:30):

https://youtu.be/eMBspqc8uyk?t=3m53s

The new move spans one of the biggest Grineer Galleon tilesets in a matter of few seconds. Note the Mogamu, using one of the best coptering weapons currently available, has difficulty reproducing the feat. And he isn't faster.

So, now that you have lost this bet, wanna bet that:

1) The new system is more flexible and powerful, allowing you to aim effectively at the enemies from the air, change course in the middle, chain jumps, and so on?

2) The new system is not going to force you to pick always the same weapons for maximum speed? Are you sick and tired of a game mechanics that forces you to never pick some weapons?

3) The new system is going to be more fun?

i already saw that video, and lemme tell ya, this guy aint coptering right xD,

i can upload a short video,just for you, showing how fast i can copter,and how sonic i can be, compared to what he did, i can go like 15 times faster

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

i already saw that video, and lemme tell ya, this guy aint coptering right xD,

i can upload a short video,just for you, showing how fast i can copter,and how sonic i can be, compared to what he did, i can go like 15 times faster

Aaaaand with this you lost all credibility you still had. Ciao.

Parkour2.0 is still heavily under development, with many things liable to change. One of the key details is that, while coptering will be significantly reduced, a variety of movement tricks will be added, enabling skilled players to reach similar speeds to what is currently possible.

From what I've hear, air dashes, double jumps, wall-boosting have all been mentioned a few times, although I have no idea which will make the final cut.

optimist -.-

coptering is much faster.

What I find truly impressive is that you consider this kind of move to be normal. I'm glad they're removing it from the game and offer us a revamped parkour system with more precision and skill required (and I mean "skill", not "tricks"). Frost is supposed to be a slow and defensive warframe, like a defensive turret or a tank. Do you really think it's normal for such type of warframe to get across huge rooms at sonic speed ? It is not. There are warframes intented to be fast, like Volt or Loki, and whose stats are oriented to do so (= more fragile but more agile). Stop pulling down the game with such practices, thanks.

I too love to copter around the maps, its a lot of fun and makes for fast frantic action. I would be disappointed to see it removed from the game.

Lets talk about what is fun and what is not fun. Slow moving warframes that cannot keep up with the rest of the pack is not fun. This is not a dedicated and competitive PVP shooter where absolute balance is critical, this is a fun pve game where fun is critical imho. I understand why some people dislike coptering but what is the alternative? We all slow down to a relative crawl?

I think you will find slower frames will be used a lot less without additional improvements with this WiP 2.0 Parkour.

Edited by c.BOLTSON

I too love to copter around the maps, its a lot of fun and makes for fast frantic action. I would be disappointed to see it removed from the game.

Lets talk about what is fun and what is not fun. Slow moving warframes that cannot keep up with the rest of the pack is not fun. This is not a dedicated and competitive PVP shooter where absolute balance is critical, this is a fun pve game where fun is critical imho. I understand why some people dislike coptering but what is the alternative? We all slow down to a relative crawl?

I think you will find slower frames will be used a lot less without additional improvements with this WiP 2.0 Parkour.

Actually you're not supposed to pick slow - defensive warframe in missions that you rush. They're intended to show their potential while defending objectives (defences, mobile defences, survival, and so on). Go play Volt if you want to rush a mission and stop promoting abusive moves. Using your brain to win IS fun. Coptering isn't fun, it's barely like activating the ultimate cheat on any game to feel powerful. Feels great ? Maybe, but so what ? It's pointless and there's no challenge. Try playing without it and you'll see that Warframe is quite enjoyable even without having to use it.

Edited by Yros

Actually you're not supposed to pick slow - defensive warframe in missions that you rush. They're intended to show their potential while defending objectives (defences, mobile defences, survival, and so on). Go play Volt if you want to rush a mission and stop promoting abusive moves. Using your brain to win IS fun. Coptering isn't fun, it's barely like activating the ultimate cheat on any game to feel powerful. Feels great ? Maybe, but so what ? It's pointless and there's no challenge. Try playing without it and you'll see that Warframe is quite enjoyable even without having to use it.

most mission types that u rush arent fun at all, so its just a turn off if u have to stay in them way longer cuz u just cant move fast from 1 point to another

Cf. what I just said : if you want to rush a mission as fast as possible then pick the adequate warframe and equipment and stop complaining because you want to go as fast as a volt with a frost. If you're not capable of adapting your warframe and equipment to the mission type you're going in then don't blame it on [DE] for removing abusive moves such as coptering and providing a great parkour system.