Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salt Threads

ARavenousPanda

Anyone else a bit offput by the forums? I used to love coming here, but i now get mild anxiety everytime i think about it... so many salt threads about things people have no control over or no understanding there of.

on a side note, anyone keen for that cape? :D

Anyone else a bit offput by the forums? I used to love coming here, but i now get mild anxiety everytime i think about it... so many salt threads about things people have no control over or no understanding there of.

5551b876764e216b1c4cf7cce1f4ead1.jpg

NEED THAT CAPE!

Welcome to online gaming communities. 90% of the stuff gamers post on the internet is salt.

Beat me to it.

Historically though, the more diverse a popular a game is has a direct proportional value to it's forums salt content, so I suppose if we calculate the brine of warframe, carry the tears divided by whines (accounting for tweens) the total should = Warframes doing ok?

Simply ignore any thread with the word "China" or "Umbra" in it and you're set

Cape looks nice hopefully the cloth physics are good on it

Or Mesa, or Mag, or Saryn, or Nova, playing in some way other that a person approves of, or...

This place is saltier than salt and vinegar chips.... dang those sound really good right now though, along with an ice cold beer *sigh*

Beat me to it.

Historically though, the more diverse a popular a game is has a direct proportional value to it's forums salt content, so I suppose if we calculate the brine of warframe, carry the tears divided by whines (accounting for tweens) the total should = Warframes doing ok?

Lol, I hop on the Destiny forum once a week to read their Dev updates, and look at the first 3 pages of posts...we're doing alright comparing the two, ha! I'm happy to call Warframe and their forum "home". 

744661-nocapes_zps82c1bcc0.jpgBut srsly, .... :D

I had nothing constructive to say, wanted to make this meme. :D

I just hate all the threads trying to tell me how to play the game or the threads asking for nerfs. Why do we yell for things to be nerfed instead of other things being brought into line with it. Why nerf the grammacor if we could of brought other weapons into its teir.

I just hate all the threads trying to tell me how to play the game or the threads asking for nerfs. Why do we yell for things to be nerfed instead of other things being brought into line with it. Why nerf the grammacor if we could of brought other weapons into its teir.

everyone wants things to be normalised, but that really kills progression.

personally i feel DE does not [or did not] work from a standardised template upon which to balance weapons and gear during design.

as for frames, buffing everything would cause DE to scale enemies better, and harder, to fill the power vacuum of everything being more god like. Sometimes it is simpler to Nerf things

What is going to happen if the "nerf this" trend continues in Warframe, is it will end up being much like Destiny. The select vocal minority will complain until they get their way, and it will ruin the fun and enjoyment for the non vocal majority. Hasn't worked out too well for Destiny, especially with their new "nerf 2.0" campaign that is about to hit. People are running from that game like the plague now. - I meet SOO many people on Warframe that say "Warframe is what Destiny WANTED to be, but better". Destiny, and their choking, is one of the best things to happen to Warframe.

To me, Warframe is about having A LOT of options, and playing those options how YOU want to play. You take that away, it takes away the fun. If I want to run in and nuke a room with a mesa and nova combo, so be it, it's viability is only good for so long anyways. If I want to play slow, stealthy, and tactical, then so be it. I can play to either extreme in Warframe, and I love that about this game. You play your space ninja how you want to play.

Instead of screams for nerfing abilities, there needs to be screams for creating rewarding content that isn't conducive to that kind of play style, I think a huge majority of the community would support that. That is the best way to fix it, and keep what makes warframe fun, fun. It also gives us NEW content. Players will always use what is best for any given situation, make new situations where there needs to be a new best. Sadly - then they will get the cry for needing to be nerfed. 

**off to peruse the newest nerf this thread, or it's unfair china got that thread**

everyone wants things to be normalised, but that really kills progression.

personally i feel DE does not [or did not] work from a standardised template upon which to balance weapons and gear during design.

as for frames, buffing everything would cause DE to scale enemies better, and harder, to fill the power vacuum of everything being more god like. Sometimes it is simpler to Nerf things

I completely understand this notion, but I have to disagree with it. For the simple fact, you can take a 4 forma frame, 5 forma gun, and go and slaughter level 10 enemies all day long if that is what you want to do. The issue is Warframe doesn't scale us down to our enemies level. So sure, anytime you walk in to the start of any mission, you are OP. Warframe is about scaling though. I can 1 shot stuff for the 30 minutes of a t3/t4 survival (depending on load out), but them when the scaling ramps up, that's no longer the case. Mesa can 1 shot stuff up to level 35 ish depending on how much power strength you put into her, but then falls off fast. You scale that ability down, you then turn her into another frame that won't be used for anything other than low level missions, simply because she would no longer be viable. It would be the exact same for Saryn, Nova, etc. They are high risk, high reward frames. 

You can't balance a game like this, because there is no balance to anything that infinitely scales. The only way that could be achieved in Warframe is to set a hard cap on what would then be "endless" missions. Congrats, you just hit level 200 enemies, we ran out of scaling, YOU JUST BEAT WARFRAME. Yeah...no. 

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

I completely understand this notion, but I have to disagree with it. For the simple fact, you can take a 4 forma frame, 5 forma gun, and go and slaughter level 10 enemies all day long if that is what you want to do. The issue is Warframe doesn't scale us down to our enemies level. So sure, anytime you walk in to the start of any mission, you are OP. Warframe is about scaling though. I can 1 shot stuff for the 30 minutes of a t3/t4 survival (depending on load out), but them when the scaling ramps up, that's no longer the case. Mesa can 1 shot stuff up to level 35 ish depending on how much power strength you put into her, but then falls off fast. You scale that ability down, you then turn her into another frame that won't be used for anything other than low level missions, simply because she would no longer be viable. It would be the exact same for Saryn, Nova, etc. They are high risk, high reward frames. 

You can't balance a game like this, because there is no balance to anything that infinitely scales. The only way that could be achieved in Warframe is to set a hard cap on what would then be "endless" missions. Congrats, you just hit level 200 enemies, we ran out of scaling, YOU JUST BEAT WARFRAME. Yeah...no. 

you can have a normalised scale for warframes:

we want this ---> stats xyz to be "average" ignoring abilities[seems to be 300 hp 300 shield 150 energy ~100 armour and ~1.1 sprint speed. This is not hard numbers, im just glancing at this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison]

you then build frames off that changing number based on abilities and suggested play style [support/tank/DPS/etc]

and i agree with you, you can forma gear and stomp level 10's. But the argument often asks things to be akin, i.e ignis similar in flat damage output to atomos, or braton prime and soma prime having similar output, achieved differently.

and i somewhat agree, weapons should be tiered [and hence mastery locked to promote progression, but thats another topic for another argument]. Weapons of similar calibre can then be normalised around a tier, fixing alot of peoples concerns as everything is made more transparent.

an iteration of what i mean: why is the panthera worse than the mitre? it deals slightly less damage, yet is an "upgrade". The panthera should be the next tier, not a slight downgrade.[suggested fix?]

make the weapon a  bit bigger for aesthetics, make the hit box larger, increase damage by 20points of slash and give it 35% status. Boom, "upper mid tier" fun weapon thats an upgrade from the miter without breaking the damage scale (like soma and boltor, lol)

Are people really still salty about ChinaFrame getting Excal Prime/Umbra Excal/whatever the hell they want to call that Excal skin again? Warframe in China and Warframe everywhere else are basically two different games. We need not pay any attention to what the Chinese players do since what they do barely applies to us, and vice versa.

Edit: I just saw the thread DERebecca made about the subject and was completely wrong... Please excuse my ignorance.

And cape hype intensifies...

Edited by KennPhoton

you can have a normalised scale for warframes:

we want this ---> stats xyz to be "average" ignoring abilities[seems to be 300 hp 300 shield 150 energy ~100 armour and ~1.1 sprint speed. This is not hard numbers, im just glancing at this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison]

you then build frames off that changing number based on abilities and suggested play style [support/tank/DPS/etc]

and i agree with you, you can forma gear and stomp level 10's. But the argument often asks things to be akin, i.e ignis similar in flat damage output to atomos, or braton prime and soma prime having similar output, achieved differently.

and i somewhat agree, weapons should be tiered [and hence mastery locked to promote progression, but thats another topic for another argument]. Weapons of similar calibre can then be normalised around a tier, fixing alot of peoples concerns as everything is made more transparent.

an iteration of what i mean: why is the panthera worse than the mitre? it deals slightly less damage, yet is an "upgrade". The panthera should be the next tier, not a slight downgrade.[suggested fix?]

make the weapon a  bit bigger for aesthetics, make the hit box larger, increase damage by 20points of slash and give it 35% status. Boom, "upper mid tier" fun weapon thats an upgrade from the miter without breaking the damage scale (like soma and boltor, lol)

You have valid points, and you do bring up other issues that are part of the problem...*cough cough progression, weapon tiers**. 

Anywho, appreciate the casual respectful banter :-) I don't want to derail the salt thread anymore, lol. No need to get the salt thread saltier. Take care! 

On the other hand... this comunity is one of the least toxic I've seen in a looooong time.

We get some nuts, to be sure.

We get people who are selfish or stupid or just plain uninformed making threads about whatever suits their fancy with BS spouting every which way to justify their opinions as fact.

Then again, we ALSO get people who TRY to explain confusing things in ways that others can understand. Who do research and use reason and logic to try to make things clearer.

So we have bad and good.

*Shrug*

I still enjoy the game.

Edited by Kalenath