Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Not Punish People For Not Being Around At Some Point

Baskakov_Dima

So what you are really saying is "Reward NO ONE for playing and supporting the game for a long period of time, because if I can't have it, no one can."

I don't have A LOT of those rewards that were only obtainable by limited means before I started playing. I'm still MR19. It doesn't effect my gameplay or progression one bit.

No thanks.

Seriously. This is just selfish whining.

I'm assuming it's a 9-5 they have, weeklong, maybe a Saturday or two. I don't know about others, but I can manage a schedule just fine for that and fit in videogames.

However "screwy conflict system" I'd like some elaboration on since I wasn't caring much for Warframe for whatever event that was (Toukiden and PSO2 were my time-wasters) and why that'd be different.

The conflict mechanic is indeed screwy, but thats the exact reason I didn't participate in the event, as well as I felt the rewards weren't worth it to me. But thank you for seeing my point. At least I now know that what I was attempting to get across is possible to understand, was starting to get worried lol. Edited by ObviousLee

The conflict mechanic is indeed screwy, but thats the exact reason I didn't participate in the event, as well as I felt the rewards weren't worth it to me. But thank you for seeing my point. At least I now know that what I was attempting to get across is possible to understand, was starting to get worried lol.

What event was it though? lol. What was screwy about it? What conflict?

Tube men of regor was one of them. The percentage totals were wonky and once the majorities had decided on who they wanted to support it was pretty much over for anyone who disagreed. It almost worked like the ur dragon from dragons Dogma.

Lol I shouldn't have to dedicate/sacrifice my time for a video game over real life obligations due to a one chance "time limited event". My job is very demanding, not only do my weekends rotate but I'm also required to switch shifts which naturally make things rather difficult to plan. All I'm asking is to make events such as these available more than once to be fair for all of those that have restricted schedules.

Lol I shouldn't have to dedicate/sacrifice my time for a video game over real life obligations due to a one chance "time limited event". My job is very demanding, not only do my weekends rotate but I'm also required to switch shifts which naturally make things rather difficult to plan. All I'm asking is to make events such as these available more than once to be fair for all of those that have restricted schedules.

If you're unwilling to make any changes on your end them don't expect others to make changes for you. Also, two tours in iraq with twelve to thirty six hour shifts, and I still managed to have my game time. So yes, if you want to get into the week long event you SHOULD make some time sacrifices.

Edit: if the events matter that much to you there should be no issue in making a change or two from time to time. If they AREN'T, then might as well stop where you're at and think "in that case, what's my issue?"

Edited by ObviousLee

I'm not whining and to sit there and judge/criticize without knowing any facts or understanding is just being a troll. I could care less about the rewards for most events. It's the fact that some of us miss out on the opportunity entirely because it's only available once and for a certain amount of time. It should be fair across the board. I'm not asking for a huge overhaul game changer here. And how could it possibly effect you if it was held more than one time?

I'm not whining and to sit there and judge/criticize without knowing any facts or understanding is just being a troll. I could care less about the rewards for most events. It's the fact that some of us miss out on the opportunity entirely because it's only available once and for a certain amount of time. It should be fair across the board. I'm not asking for a huge overhaul game changer here. And how could it possibly effect you if it was held more than one time?

It IS fair across the board. Everyone has the same time table to participate. If your don't, that's on you. Period.

I'm in the military as well so congrats ObviousLee.

Now bear in mind I'm not at all, in any way against the re-release of event items through alerts or more events. In fact I quite encourage it.

What I AM opposed to are requested changes in development side that are unnecessary due to player decision making.

Meaning if you miss an event yes you should eventually have another chance to attain it, but just so long as the right mindsets and attitudes of personal responsibility are observed.

Tl;dr= re-release good, fix this because I chose to do something else rather than participate bad. Make any sense?

Edited by ObviousLee

I completely understand your point. Like I said before, it has nothing to do with the rewards as they are sometimes made available through the trader. And asking for additional chances to participate in an event does not involve additional developing, only extending the time/chances they are made available. I would love to be able to take place in an event with my friends and complete it without having to constantly worry about making time for it.

What event was it though? lol. What was screwy about it? What conflict?

Tubemen of Rigor.  The conflicts were purely player driven and wouldn't end until one side had reached 100%.  This resulted in some conflicts lasting anywhere from 20 minutes to 23 hours.  Anyone that joined towards the last part of the bit didn't have a chance at getting the reward.  If I remember correctly, the last two or three conflicts lasted 18-23 hours.  

Obvious, tone down the snark and you'll probably get more positive responses.  'Then you may want to improve your reading comprehension skills' just makes you look like a prick that can't be bothered to explain your stance.  That's on you.  Period.

Yes, this is all choice based.  But when you tell someone 'make a sacrifice or deal' after they give feedback on how to improve a certain aspect of the game, you are bagging on feedback.  You aren't taking the time to understand where they're coming from, you aren't engaging in conversation and you aren't trying to help the situation by offering viable alternatives.  Have someone else play your account?  Great, now you run the risk of DE shutting down your account for sharing your login information.  (Not likely, considering the circumstances, but it's still a possibility.  And with how much money and time some people put into this game, it's not a viable choice.)  

Tubemen of Rigor. The conflicts were purely player driven and wouldn't end until one side had reached 100%. This resulted in some conflicts lasting anywhere from 20 minutes to 23 hours. Anyone that joined towards the last part of the bit didn't have a chance at getting the reward. If I remember correctly, the last two or three conflicts lasted 18-23 hours.

Obvious, tone down the snark and you'll probably get more positive responses. 'Then you may want to improve your reading comprehension skills' just makes you look like a prick that can't be bothered to explain your stance. That's on you. Period.

Yes, this is all choice based. But when you tell someone 'make a sacrifice or deal' after they give feedback on how to improve a certain aspect of the game, you are bagging on feedback. You aren't taking the time to understand where they're coming from, you aren't engaging in conversation and you aren't trying to help the situation by offering viable alternatives. Have someone else play your account? Great, now you run the risk of DE shutting down your account for sharing your login information. (Not likely, considering the circumstances, but it's still a possibility. And with how much money and time some people put into this game, it's not a viable choice.)

Noah, I don't sugar coat things. I'm blunt to almost the extreme, which doesn't always work in my favor but it's how I am. I felt my statement explained amply what I was trying to get across. "all I got from this was hurr hurr quit job and play game", which was either an accidental or intentional attempt to derail the validity of my thoughts.

Im a very simple creature: if there is something I want, I work for it. Doesn't matter what it is, if I want it bad enough I'll make the sacrifice to do so. If others are unwilling to do the same then it's on them. There is nothing rude about being willing to go the distance for something you want. There IS something rude about getting mad at someone for getting the goodies they worked for when you chose not to for one reason or another.

Not saying the op is of this school of thought, but just saying.

Edited by ObviousLee

Noah, I don't sugar coat things. I'm blunt to almost the extreme, which doesn't always work in my favor but it's how I am. I felt my statement explained amply what I was trying to get across. "all I got from this was hurr hurr quit job and play game", which was either an accidental or intentional attempt to derail the validity of my thoughts.

Im a very simple creature: if there is something I want, I work for it. Doesn't matter what it is, if I want it bad enough I'll make the sacrifice to do so. If others are unwilling to do the same then it's on them. There is nothing rude about being willing to go the distance for something you want. There IS something rude about getting mad at someone for getting the goodies they worked for when you chose not to for one reason or another.

Not saying the op is of this school of thought, but just saying.

I don't sugar coat things either.  And there is nothing wrong with being blunt to the extreme but don't turn around and put it on the people you're interacting with to then understand and fill in the blanks for you.  If it bothers you to be misunderstood, go the extra mile to fluff things out.

I too work for the things I want and I too make choices to reflect that.  My entire point has been that it's not as simple as option A or option B when it comes to real life versus digital.  Real life should always come first.  What is being asked to make the digital world more flexible to those that has different priorities and missed out on something.  It's digital, there is no reason why we can't replay events, no reason why things can't be structured to allow maximum participation.  From this entire exchange, you've been saying the same.  The problem is phrasing and ego, probably on both sides.

I don't sugar coat things either. And there is nothing wrong with being blunt to the extreme but don't turn around and put it on the people you're interacting with to then understand and fill in the blanks for you. If it bothers you to be misunderstood, go the extra mile to fluff things out.

I too work for the things I want and I too make choices to reflect that. My entire point has been that it's not as simple as option A or option B when it comes to real life versus digital. Real life should always come first. What is being asked to make the digital world more flexible to those that has different priorities and missed out on something. It's digital, there is no reason why we can't replay events, no reason why things can't be structured to allow maximum participation. From this entire exchange, you've been saying the same. The problem is phrasing and ego, probably on both sides.

I'M ALL HOPPED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW.

but no seriously I see your point, and shall endeavor to put forth my thoughts in a slightly less abrasive manner.

I'm lacking caffeine and sleep. .-.

Well then, what do you think would be a good way to redo events that would draw in newer players and bring vets back to the events they've already done? Cause I got jack and sh1t for ideas, and Jack just left town.

Edited by ObviousLee

Well then, what do you think would be a good way to redo events that would draw in newer players and bring vets back to the events they've already done? Cause I got jack and sh1t for ideas, and Jack just left town.

I'd say make some events a monthly thing, like this Tubemen of Rigor one could be held every July for a week. Newer players get a shot at the loot and veterans can try again for bragging rights with scores or w/e. Idk.

"People's reaction speed is slowest around three o'clock in the morning, and so is their judgment. If you're feeling drowsy, you should get some sleep."

- The More You Know, by Master Miller :P

My boss would love it if I just crawled in between the plants and took a nap.

Well, Tubemen of Regor as an example I'd put a timer on the conflicts.  It reaches 100% in 2 hours or it auto resolves to the higher percentage.  If it's even, then it's a draw and everyone has to start over.

Felis has the great idea of putting the events and quests in the codex to let new and old players replay the event (or even put it in the Simulacrum)  Anyone that replays the event gets a copy of the rewards.  To appease the exclusive hounds, make some slight visual changes to the items and badges to make it easier to differentiate between first wave and second wave achievements. 

My boss would love it if I just crawled in between the plants and took a nap.

Well, Tubemen of Regor as an example I'd put a timer on the conflicts. It reaches 100% in 2 hours or it auto resolves to the higher percentage. If it's even, then it's a draw and everyone has to start over.

Felis has the great idea of putting the events and quests in the codex to let new and old players replay the event (or even put it in the Simulacrum) Anyone that replays the event gets a copy of the rewards. To appease the exclusive hounds, make some slight visual changes to the items and badges to make it easier to differentiate between first wave and second wave achievements.

I..... Really like this idea. It would add more weight to the simulcrum and its presence in the hubs.

I'm sure they would, you're on here right? :P

Events in the codex does sound neat, though.

They think I'm inputting harvest information.  For some reason, they are convinced this is an 8 hour process when it's really 2.  I have the bad habit of working myself out of a job by getting things done too fast.

I..... Really like this idea. It would add more weight to the simulcrum and its presence in the hubs.

Simulcrum?  I can never remember how it's spelled.  

But, thank FelisImpurrator - it's their idea.

They think I'm inputting harvest information. For some reason, they are convinced this is an 8 hour process when it's really 2. I have the bad habit of working myself out of a job by getting things done too fast.

Simulcrum? I can never remember how it's spelled.

But, thank FelisImpurrator - it's their idea.

I took a stab in the dark on its spelling. Been a bit more than a minute since I've played last, should change that by this weekend