Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Not Punish People For Not Being Around At Some Point

Baskakov_Dima

I took a stab in the dark on its spelling. Been a bit more than a minute since I've played last, should change that by this weekend

I haven't seen the point in running it.  Simaris annoys me and he doesn't really have anything I want.

My 1st account was banned. TLDR a few years ago, talked to DE about it, made an apology thread about it, etc. WF Started over. It was rough.

I lost Pistol/shotgun amp artifacts (pre-aura) shotgun amp, and others, man I would REALLY LIKE to have those now. I had missed the 1st proto excal armor release (I am very glad they brought it back, I was so glad I even gifted some and proto glaives! GO DE!)

I bought all the weapon skin packs (minus Shock/forest) and would like them to re-allow (as it was working...) DotD packs on prime items, and Tennogen should work on "like" items... Why did I pay 500-800 plat and cant use it (Scindo Prime/paris prime etc)? I sometimes hear "DE is working on allowing skins on like items, but its not priority" I just hope they do.

The DotD skins are on weak weapons too, lato, aklato, twin gremlins. I put a potato and 6 forma in my dex furis, its GREAT. Until t4 enemies wave 25+... then its USELESS :'( Much sad, very dissapoint.

DE cycles through stuff, people have vermilion storm, EMP aura, the old "artifacts" etc.

I already noticed people are "grinding for an exploit" coming TOMORROW. I know what it is and how to do it, but it requires alot of "grinding" which... is by no means easy, but... they'll reap the benefits tomorrow. Its not entirely an exploit in itself (its normal gameplay) but its AWAITING an exploit for the work thats been done to be "worth it" ... I suppose I could "share it" its not like DE hasn't realized this for many months and in 1 day you would not be able to perform it (its a daily thing that needed to be done) ... tiresome.

TLDR, along with OP, I would like some of those things returned, not choked and murdered down like "charged chamber" but, in their full originality. Whats wrong with 60% shotgun amp, or 27% pistol amp, or affinity amp. DE, this games supposed to be fun right? And if they use those auras they're sacrificing other ones like Steel charge, Rifle amp, energy siphon, rejuv, corrosive projection, loot radar etc.

I just realized my pre-mod artifacts weren't even "aura's" yet... so how and when did they come back as mods/auras?

I haven't seen the point in running it. Simaris annoys me and he doesn't really have anything I want.

What's not to love about loud egocentric men with no comprehension of personal space and sufficient risk/reward logic :D. Seriously though if you could revisit old events for the rewards that would probably make a lotta people happy across the board.

What's not to love about loud egocentric men with no comprehension of personal space and sufficient risk/reward logic :D. Seriously though if you could revisit old events for the rewards that would probably make a lotta people happy across the board.

Yup.  I'd love to have that, just so I could run some of the older events.  

#PraiseFelis'Brain

the game has been around for so long and people are still complaining about this? It doesnt make sense.

Several older artists have albums id love to own, but cant because i wasnt around or internet-ing back in those days. And now its too late to acquire them due to time and manufacturing constraints.

Im not gonna go around trying to make other people get rid of their copies thats just ridiculous.

I missed the Braton Vandal by 3 days. Ok that sucks but its not affected my life in any way. If you chose to not work for those in game exclusives than you probably didnt really want them to begin with. Maybe your computer broke down or something for awhile. O well theres nothing you can do about it and complaining that other people have something you dont isnt going to get you it either.

Taking away what people have is more an offence than giving everyone the item. Suggesting to get them taken away is the real offence here.

So what you are really saying is "Reward NO ONE for playing and supporting the game for a long period of time, because if I can't have it, no one can."

I don't have A LOT of those rewards that were only obtainable by limited means before I started playing. I'm still MR19. It doesn't effect my gameplay or progression one bit. 

No thanks. 

No, you got it wrong.

What you want to say is

"reward only those who were there and F*** everyone else"

What op is saying

"reward everyone who wants to play this game".

It's not punishing people who aren't around, it's rewarding the people who are.

If that was the case then

1) you would get unique items, pretty much like event rewards

2) you wouldnt be able to trade them

3) they wouldnt be promised to come back at later unknown date

But it punishes players since

1) no real effort was put there, items which were previously available arent anymore

2) you can buy them using real money

3) if you dont want to spend real money, you can wait god knows how long, years probably.

If that was the case then

1) you would get unique items, pretty much like event rewards

2) you wouldnt be able to trade them

3) they wouldnt be promised to come back at later unknown date

But it punishes players since

1) no real effort was put there, items which were previously available arent anymore

2) you can buy them using real money

3) if you dont want to spend real money, you can wait god knows how long, years probably.

Oh, no. The 2 examples given by the OP (bugged auras and Arcane Helmets) were earned by the players. They didn't know that the alert they just did for giggles would be so vital  2 years down the line. They just got to keep them when production was cancelled (Not really with Affinity Amp, but that's going to be released soon anyway.) No one's being punished for not being around. It's not really anyone's fault either.

No, you got it wrong.

What you want to say is

"reward only those who were there and F*** everyone else"

What op is saying

"reward everyone who wants to play this game".

No, I said what I wanted to say, right there in black and white, pretty hard to miss unless you just can't read. Thanks for trying to tell me what I want to say though, but you failed. 

Also, why would I have that standpoint? I didn't start until after Nova P was released. Sure, I'd want my shot at those rewards if DE ever decided to make them available again, because there's plenty of them. Like I posted previously though, I'm still MR19 without them, and they still in no way keep me from doing any content in the game I wish. I'm not locked out of a single bit of content because I don't have Arcane helms, the Latron Wraith, an aura that was mistakenly gotten, or any other reward I missed. If DE decides they want to release previous event rewards, awesome, but darn sure don't take it away from the people who were there to get it. If I never get it, who cares, because there will be new rewards to new events that I will get, because I will be here for them. 

I'm a little old school though. I realize life isn't fair, and you can't have everything everyone else has, no matter how hard you cry about it. That's why I get up everyday and put my boots on and go to work. 

The limited time/timed-exclusive thing is becoming a null point thanks to Baro Ki'Teer. According to my PC compatriots, the Trader was selling both the Machete Wraith and the Prova Vandal last visit.

He's sold the Electric set in pieces through subsequent visits (we also had a chance at them in Mutalist Incursions). This is in addition to us being able to get the Fire and Ice mods from Spy 2.0 and the Toxin set has been dropping off Corrupted Vor for some time now. So it seems Baro will be our means of acquiring old prizes we may have missed or never got a chance to get. We've also seen the return of the Dex Furis (an anniversary gift) and Proto Armor Excal skin (twice for the skin thanks to Excalibur getting his rework) and even the Strun Wraith came back in Den of Kubrow.

Items from events aren't exactly exclusive... it takes a bit of time but they find a way of coming back.

Event items and Void trader items are not "exclusive" items, but rather "limited run" items. Its not bad, its not wrong, and considering few and far between are considered top-tier weapons, nothing gained and nothing lost. I can understand the few MR 18 people struggling to get to that MR19 might want them, but otherwise all they are is Mastery Fodder. Don't get me wrong, I want those Vandal and Wraith weapons, but its not like I've lost anything other than a couple of draco runs.

Because it means that if you just join the game, you will most likely never see some content that is cut off, and the game isn't as interesting for you.

Stopped at this. I think you are playing for the wrong reasons if you believe this.