Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Valkyr Weak?

crimson42

Is valkyr weak?

I’m no longer sure if i am doing everything wrong, no matter how I use my mods or weapon,

I can’t get this frame to be any good whatso ever?

In this image, I played as a Valkyr, when we reached 30 min, my use as a warframe disappeared.

The other player were an ASH

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/443953690226061348/D9C586D9BD9BAACBF5A38A4F6BC857C3D8660611/  (really? 10% damage dealt.)

when we reached 25 min into the game I become 100% useless. I got stuck on 600 kills. And I am a berserker class….

I had blind rage, transient fortitude and intensify equipped. I know, I had a low lvled weapon on me, but I have done enough smulacrium and test all kind of maxed melee weapons and still make so little damage. What am I doing wrong?

I must say, it really stinks that I can survive 1hr survival battle whiteout dyeing one time, plus I can’t do S#&$. (Thank you rage mod for making me staying alive.)

Is Valkyr supposed to be people’s personal medic when you people fall down?

Even tho all this, valkys is still my waifu/main. And I am not going to stop playing her even if she has sink to this kind of level.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/443953690226228881/B480C8E06D5594E067F89DF8CA3AE33B950C595E/

I’m I alone on this?

Share thoughts and opinions, or correct me.

Edited by crimson42

Bladestorm one of the most highest damaging skill in the game, If he were using bladestorm all the time, I doubt that any valkyr with even the best gear can out kill an Ash. Max power strength doesn't affect warcry in terms of damage, which sucks. Hysteria is affected by your weapon mods, so your lecta was probably pulling you down in terms of potential.

At some points in time, in an endless mission for example, where your damage just kinda sucks. The higher level the enemy, the more health and damage resistance they will have, making them harder to kill. Valkyr is a melee oriented Frame. She has a lot of Armor. (The highest in the game normally) It sounds like 25 minutes in to a game should be giving you no problems, unless you just aren't doing damage. You would then need better gear man. maybe better mods or a different mod setup.

And yes, Ash is very OP compared to Valkyr in the fact of his Blade Storm. Valkyr has no high damage AoE skills. She only has her abilities that make her melee far more lethal.

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx

First off, lose the lecta and replace it with an atterax, dual cleavers with syndicate mod, dual ichor, dual zoren, or scindo prime if you're mostly in hysteria.

Equip these mods on it: True steel, organ shatter, pressure point, spoiled strike.

Use your warcry when you can afford it.  It makes a substantial difference.

If you're in hysteria jump and do a ground slam to knock down an enemy, or use paralysis, your number 3 ability on an enemy.  Either way you'll do a ground finisher or a stealth finisher on the enemy.

Don't care about damage stats of kill stats.  Focus on getting the job done.  Be an asset to everyone in your run, whether it's by killing things, or by getting kill assists.  Don't focus too much on those statistics, it'll suck the fun out of the game.

Edited by DeMeritus

You can't compete with Ash he goes through armor for the most part only exception is the initial damage on shuriken and even then it does it damage about twice over in bleed and has an aug that eliminates armor.

Ash is one of the few who's damage doesn't fall off hard.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Valkyr's high point is survivability, not damage, as you say.

Ash is sort of like a "rogue" class. High damage, low defenses. It would be ridiculous if Valkyr could boast monstrous defense and equivalent offense.

If you don't care about having a frame that is good at surviving - or if you have the skill as a player that you don't need added abilities/armour to help you survive - then Valkyr isn't for you.

If you don't care about having a frame that is good at surviving - or if you have the skill as a player that you don't need added abilities/armour to help you survive - then Valkyr isn't for you.

Okay so youre saying if im skilled enough valkyr becomes irrelevant is unneeded? But I love playing her, and i'm pretty sure that outweighs any amount of combat efficiency.

Okay so youre saying if im skilled enough valkyr becomes irrelevant is unneeded? But I love playing her, and i'm pretty sure that outweighs any amount of combat efficiency.

Valkyr has some uses... but they are far surpassed by other frames.

I hate to say it since I love her too, but unless you're some rookie that needs a frame that holds you hand so you don't go down a lot, she doesn't offer much to a team. Mind you, I think this is acceptable; she at least has a niche that she fills well, even if late-game players may not deem it the most important niche.

Well, as a Valkyr main since the day she came out, here's some advice.

Don't use Hysteria unless you absolutely have to. Warcry + melee will give you a hell of a lot more combat effectiveness, especially considering Eternal War+ the power strength build you have will simply outscale your Hysteria melee bonus because you hit waaaaaay faster with a weapon with a good stance, such as a Swirling Tiger Dual Cleaver or Blind Justice Nikana or a Scindo Prime with Tempo Royale (it doesn't hit faster than some Hysteria combos, but you are so, so much more mobile and do a hell of a lot more AoE damage). 

I've had absolutely no problems dealing damage in T4 runs past 40 minutes, even when I run solo. With a very strong build, you can use Rage + Quick Thinking + Lifestrike slide attacks to insta heal and keep your energy pool topped up. 

This is the build I use for my Valkyr. Tested to be extremely effective well past 40 minutes in T4 solo runs. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_420042004_2-0-10-12-1-8-19-4-10-37-8-5-57-6-5-59-5-3-481-2-10-518-7-3-544-3-5_2-6-12-7-481-14-544-11-19-7-59-5-57-15-518-9-37-14_0/en/1-0-19

Hysteria is what I use when my health is extremely close to being depleted, or when I know my QT effective HP is gonna be too risky to rely on. I pop Hysteria, try to find a safe spot while lifestealing, and then continue my Warcry fueled rampage. 

I main valkyr currently and i have to say, for a solo player such as myself, the frame outperforms any other frames i have in terms of survivability. I never had problems dealing a lot of damage because i always bring really strong weapons when i get serious but warcry and maxed steel fiber really give the survivability needed for long t4 runs. And even if all else fails, hysteria is the most effective panic button i know.

All i can say is, that you mainly need better weapons. Valkyrs role is survivability, not damage, so your damage output is mainly determined by your weapons. But solely based on abilities an ash leaves valkyr in the dust damage wise.

And if you really want to screw an ash good, just go with amprex or atomos with extended reach and 5 forma pumped into >:)

You will have an unstoppable healthregen killstealing-machine-tank that can kill even faster than ash.

But be warned. OP weapons will corrupt your soul and mind and will leave nothing than a slithering min-maxer self proclaimed pro gamer, that finds no joy in other weapons, which do not perform as good as the currently best.

Valkyr's high point is survivability, not damage, as you say.

Ash is sort of like a "rogue" class. High damage, low defenses. It would be ridiculous if Valkyr could boast monstrous defense and equivalent offense.

the thing here is valkyr leaping so far behind at end game.

Yes I know valkys has amazing survival durability, but you people seems to forget that valkyr only target one enemy at the time.

Also as said ( but people seems missing it.) I have maxed out jak itag, dial ichor and ÉTC + I have maxed out mods, Both for warframes and melee. But even all this, in my experience I feel valkyr deserves do some more damage then what she dose now :/

Edited by crimson42

Well, as a Valkyr main since the day she came out, here's some advice.

Don't use Hysteria unless you absolutely have to. Warcry + melee will give you a hell of a lot more combat effectiveness, especially considering Eternal War+ the power strength build you have will simply outscale your Hysteria melee bonus because you hit waaaaaay faster with a weapon with a good stance, such as a Swirling Tiger Dual Cleaver or Blind Justice Nikana or a Scindo Prime with Tempo Royale (it doesn't hit faster than some Hysteria combos, but you are so, so much more mobile and do a hell of a lot more AoE damage). 

I've had absolutely no problems dealing damage in T4 runs past 40 minutes, even when I run solo. With a very strong build, you can use Rage + Quick Thinking + Lifestrike slide attacks to insta heal and keep your energy pool topped up. 

This is the build I use for my Valkyr. Tested to be extremely effective well past 40 minutes in T4 solo runs. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_420042004_2-0-10-12-1-8-19-4-10-37-8-5-57-6-5-59-5-3-481-2-10-518-7-3-544-3-5_2-6-12-7-481-14-544-11-19-7-59-5-57-15-518-9-37-14_0/en/1-0-19

Hysteria is what I use when my health is extremely close to being depleted, or when I know my QT effective HP is gonna be too risky to rely on. I pop Hysteria, try to find a safe spot while lifestealing, and then continue my Warcry fueled rampage. 

Best advice ever. Thank you!

Best advice ever. Thank you!

You're very welcome, glad I could help :)

I took some time to do some math to try and establish why my build is good (might not be the best, but it definitely is good XD). The goal is to try and hopefully serve as a tool to aid others in understanding the build as well. 

Damage Reduction

Damage reduction (Default): ( 1 - ( 300 / ( 300 + 1530 ) ) ) * 100 = 83.6%

Damage reduction (Warcry): (1 - ( 300 / ( 300 + 2914.65 ) ) ) * 100 = 90.66%

So yeah, following the law of diminishing returns, which damage reduction in warframe obeys, Warcry doesn't give you much of a damage reduction bonus. But what is to be considered is how impactful it can get once you start scaling up numbers.

Let's say enemy "x" deals 100 damage around lvl 10.

Without Warcry, you would be taking 16.4 damage. With Warcry, you take 9.34 damage. 

Now, scale enemy "x" to lvl 100. Let's say he deals 1000 damage.

Without Warcry, you would be taking 164 damage. With Warcry, you take 93.4 damage. See how it's working? Close to 50 less damage.

Now assume you get hit by a 10 000 damage shot from a lvl 200 enemy "x".

Without Warcry, you're going to take 1640 damage. With Warcry, you're going to take 934 damage. So yes, while the number doesn't seem substantially better, the way percentages work mean that as the difficulty and lvls scale, you're going to still be taking a hell of a lot lesser damage. 

Effective Health:

Effective Health = Nominal Health * ( 1 + (Armour / 300 ) )

Without Warcry, your effective health is = 720 * (1 + ( 1530 / 300 ) ) = 3672. What this means is that you've got 3672HP to play around with before you possibly take into consideration effective health provided by Primed Flow and Quick Thinking, depleting which you drop dead. I am unsure if my calculations for Primed Flow and Quick Thinking are correct, and have therefore ignored them for the time being. I will update this after I get some clarification with the help of others :D

Therefore, without Warcry, your effective HP is at 3672.

Now, let's do the math with Warcry.

Effective Health = 720 * ( 1 + ( 2914.65 / 300 ) ) = 7714

Therefore, with Warcry, you're getting 110% more health. This seems to show a much more substantial increase :D

Now, a final note. Rage + QT + Primed Flow will mean that your effective health is going to be so much more than what the calculations show because of the interaction between the 3. A simple way to determine how much health Quick Thinking is going to give you is to multiply your total energy by 2.4. With my build, you've got 425 energy. 425 * 2.4 = 1020 health. Rage will keep replenishing energy as you take health damage, which means Quick Thinking has a chance for providing more health. Note again that I do not know how the QT + Primed Flow + Rage synergy works with boosting effective health and have therefore not provided complete calculations. 

Edited by BattleBrows

there are so many things wrong with this....... I VALK.... ALOT.... it is at 72% or my used frame.

I Learned MANY THINGS........ some what to do and others not to do....

..... if your modding for hysteria and are not in a raidtype mission... your being a noob.  Warcry is better if you use the right build as it CAN be efficient up until level 140-160.....

STEP 1... dont main hysteria (unless raid... if you have that much trouble without it...)  7/22/2015

STEP 2... mods like fleeting and streamline is a waste for warcry because eternal... (last till level 140-160 with right builds)

STEP 3... (SCINDO PRIME MASTER RACE).... you can tipedo if your..... NOPE.... just scindo prime...

STEP 3.5... tempo royal...... if not..... (you "can" use a different wep...)  tempo really makes scindo to me

STEP 4... DONT BE THAT GUY that mods for her shields..... mod for health and armor...

STEP 5........................ if your not using prime flow or flow KEEP blind rage 1 from top... (warcry stuff)

STEP 6... use rage

STEP 7 use vitality (facepalms those who dont)....... vigor not needed....

STEP 8 Use Steal Fiber.... if you use armor agility... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa so not needed over the value of other mods

STEP 9 if your using trans having narrow minded is a good offset because eternal goes scale of current duration.

STEP 10 (mostly for higher end play)  quick thinking... its worth it... trust me... 

STEP 11 use royal's slam type combo for AOE and in air hits because that will ignor armor and deal a truck of damage

STEP 12... because ignore armor is is good to have a decent proc with viral to act as a secondary crit ideal. trust me

STEP 13.. lighting is a good proc also for a often aoe (use if events mods are possible. myself i run 3 status mods and it makes lv 120+ much easier from using corrosive of others.. ends of with ~42% proc rate)

in the end of things i often hit for a effective 60,000-300,000 on in air hits and can get ~~5~~  hits a second on average.  Valk herself is only used because armor and warcry being decent.  Valk is a... frame i feel needs much work and has only had end-game material within recent time... her first ability sucks... second sucks... 3 is ALMOST good... 4 is ALMOST decent..... I have used her fro my favorite because i love melee.... she is not a master race as many frames WITH A VERY SKILLED player for their frame can do this fairly easy... there are better frames but in the current moment (valk is the best melee from ~FOR ME~)..... just wish they would rework her... so  many flaws 

excluding current skin and immortal skin... also bonds i wish i could give back XD

Just guessing...hysteria build?

Valk is far from weak and kinda starts reaching her best potential around t4w30-50

Build on basestats(inc primed flow, quick thinking and rage)+blind rage,+prime con,+somehwat efficiency with fleeting (i balance the duration just a tad below stock) and pick up a slow weapon (axe, hammer for max finisher), best case scindo prime with TR and go full melee. TR gives you protection with the CC, warcry becomes a slowing CC for enemys in range and you're able to go lifestrike the moment you loose health. Just cast paralysis on heavy units.

I own around min 32% with good grps, usually around +50% totall dmg with that setup.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

First off, lose the lecta and replace it with an atterax, dual cleavers with syndicate mod, dual ichor, dual zoren, or scindo prime if you're mostly in hysteria.

Equip these mods on it: True steel, organ shatter, pressure point, spoiled strike.

Use your warcry when you can afford it.  It makes a substantial difference.

If you're in hysteria jump and do a ground slam to knock down an enemy, or use paralysis, your number 3 ability on an enemy.  Either way you'll do a ground finisher or a stealth finisher on the enemy.

Don't care about damage stats of kill stats.  Focus on getting the job done.  Be an asset to everyone in your run, whether it's by killing things, or by getting kill assists.  Don't focus too much on those statistics, it'll suck the fun out of the game.

Adding to this, Valkyrs like power strength health and armor. You already know about rage, which is good.

Powerstrength makes everything she does better, more mele damage in hyseria, more life steal in hystera etc.

If you hit 3 you can stagger enemies around you and open them up for finisher moves. Its a good idea to get used to doing this, cause if you're about to die, you can hit 4, then 3, then mele finish a staggered guy, and get all of your health back.

Valks hystera is a useful tool, but her damage mostly comes from her gun, and warcry, and the occasional paralysis finisher and ripline. Its better to play her hysteria as a panic button instead of a win condition most of the time.