Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zarima Children Theory (Inspired By The Tenno Are Energy Thread)

DancingJaxi

Also the technocyte virus could be destroying the orokin, so the infected orokin as a last ditch effort was thrown into the void. The void stop the virus and through the virus give the tenno the void energy use in piloting the warframes. 

I am really not sure anymore i am beat making a thread is hard hard work. I will go have some fun in warframes and if u guys have some more intriguing comment i will jump back in. 

Alright so they send a full ship of children into the void without any adults to pilot the ship? To feed them? They are expecting them to come back right? 

OK i do know it is not comfirm that the tennos have the virus hmmm that changes a bunch of stuff. So maybe the children as children is able to absorb void energy and gain power and the tennos as adult orokin sent into the void only have the void energy?

S#&$ your comment is really good. Thumbs up for you.

Also the special relationship can be because the beast is 1 of the zarima children. just saying,

Jut to remind you again "Tenno" is plural, and the ship is the "Zariman"

In most Sci-fi a "Space fold" does not take long. The codex explicitly says "days later", now, I think the military (Not the Orokin as I think this is before the Orokin era in the pre-Orokin "Void Era" as mentioned in the Mag Prime codex) were sending ships on auto-pilot containing various things through the fold and mis-folding, to try try to see if there was anything in the space between the fold (That would later be named "The Void") The Zariman was probably the first successful human trial and also the first where the ship was seen by someone not "in" on the project. and hence made somewhat.

This is why this era is referred to as the "Void" era, there was experimentation with the dangerous "fold" method of travel and eventually the Void was discovered, the Solar Rails constructed, massive prosperity, technological leaps and the rise of the Orokin.

Edited by SilentMobius

Where is this "technocyte virus" from?

I have played the whole game and have seen no "technocyte virus" mentioned anywhere.

We've been through this, the in-game text for nano-spores explicitly ties the term "technocyte" to the infection that we refer to as the "infestation"

Fibrous technocyte tumor. Handle Infested tissue with caution.

"Oh woe is me, I'm such a freak because of my exposure to the void.... oh and the fact that I have a super-mutant-cancer running through me that I happen to be mostly immune to, but I'm not going to talk about that"

See, doesn't work. Dark Sector had the virus as the origin of "special powers" and angst. Warframe has The Void instead.

You should write the bible on sci-fi storytelling

Well, yeah, we kinda do.

We know they bleed. We know they have flesh. They use life support, they breathe, they die. We know they used to be orokin, and the orokin are pretty much like humans, so unless the tenno disintegrated (which is doubtful, given ember prime's codex and the other evidence) they'd still be biological creatures.

Rhino Prime's codex also obviously implies they have hands, eyes and mouths and bodies. Vor aalso attaches the ascaris to the player, which takes over the tenno by injecting a parasite, and the device explodes and kills the host if tampered with. Mirage smiles, physically, as evidenced in her questline. And if the Dark Sector universe is at least partially canon, the proto excalibur suit is further evidence of a physical host.

first bold: ghost in the shell: sythetic bodies done the exact same thing but they could take their brains out of the case and put it in other bodies.

second bol: and the way it is worded it can be assumed the soulless flesh was "possessed".

third bold: they have said on so many occasion that dark sector is not cannon only a spiritual successor. the story behind the development of dark sector was that they couldnt get the initial idea of dark sector off the ground thanks to games like COD at the time. hence why it was the way it was.

also, it was by one of the developers that warframe was a healing process of a psychic wounds caused by publishers.

We've been through this, the in-game text for nano-spores explicitly ties the term "technocyte" to the infection that we refer to as the "infestation"

There is a "technocyte" but no "technocyte virus".

When you say "technocyte virus" you are saying that the disease agent is a virus, and nowhere in the entire game states that. How do we know the disease agent must be a virus, and not a prion, bacteria, or the multitude of parasite forms possible, or even the cell itself?

"Technocyte VIRUS" is in Dark Sector. I do not see it in Warframe.

Edited by Coryphaus

When you say "technocyte virus" you are saying that the disease agent is a virus, and nowhere in the entire game states that. How do we know the disease agent must be a virus, and not a prion, bacteria, or the multitude of parasite forms possible, or even the cell itself?

All true,

However, nothing in this thread has relied upon the notion of the technocyte nature of infested tissues being viral, it is simply a label.

Weather the mechanism of the disease is bacterial, viral, or some exotic pseudo-organic-nanotech that we don't have medical terms for. It's mostly irrelevant unless someone is arguing something specific to depends on the details of that, specific, disease vector.

The infestation is described as a "disease" and a "metamorphic affliction" and as I quoted before nano spores are described as being a "technocyte tumor" which is classified as "Infested tissue".

If you want to swap to "Technocyte disease" I'm happy to do that. But I don't think it really helps us.

It could technically be the same thing. We know that Technocyte in Warframe is most likely a type of nanomachine and nanomachines could possibly be made using synthetics, viruses, or bacteria. 

It could technically be the same thing. We know that Technocyte in Warframe is most likely a type of nanomachine and nanomachines could possibly be made using synthetics, viruses, or bacteria. 

In this case the disease agent would still be the nano-machines, not the virus. The virus creates the nano-machines but the disease itself is caused by the nano-machines.

On the other hand if the virus causes the nano-machines to malfunction then the disease agent would be the virus. 

It could then be called... the technocyte virus. Meaning the virus that infects the technocyte. +_+

Edited by Coryphaus

All true,

However, nothing in this thread has relied upon the notion of the technocyte nature of infested tissues being viral, it is simply a label.

Weather the mechanism of the disease is bacterial, viral, or some exotic pseudo-organic-nanotech that we don't have medical terms for. It's mostly irrelevant unless someone is arguing something specific to depends on the details of that, specific, disease vector.

The infestation is described as a "disease" and a "metamorphic affliction" and as I quoted before nano spores are described as being a "technocyte tumor" which is classified as "Infested tissue".

If you want to swap to "Technocyte disease" I'm happy to do that. But I don't think it really helps us.

"However, nothing in this thread has relied upon the notion of the technocyte nature of infested tissues being viral, it is simply a label."

An imprecise label, with origins and connotations from outside Warframe.

A reader forming hypothesis about Warframe must be careful to rely only on information provided in that game itself. 

I could be wrong, but nothing in the game thus far directly or even remotely links the Infestation with the Warframes themselves.

The only place where a link between a "Technocyte disease/virus" and superhuman powers exists is in another game, called Dark Sector.

So in essence, my assumption is that proponents of links between the "Technocyte/virus/disease" are conflating the plot of Dark Sector with Warframe's and making associations where none actually exist. This throws their entire "theory" into question.

Edited by Coryphaus

Warframes don't have eyes and mouths

They don't roar, they don't have skin

It's a shaky theory

Tenno also don't have the powers on their own. It's our Warframes that give us access to those abilities, we switch between them to switch what abilities we use.

So why would a Tenno in the Rhino Prime Codex have access to these abilities? And, besides, the narrator hadn't even known the Zariman had come back, he knew nothing of such things despite having crafted "countless" like the creature attacking them. I'm VERY skeptical of the notion THAT was a Tenno.

Tenno also don't have the powers on their own. It's our Warframes that give us access to those abilities, we switch between them to switch what abilities we use.

So why would a Tenno in the Rhino Prime Codex have access to these abilities? And, besides, the narrator hadn't even known the Zariman had come back, he knew nothing of such things despite having crafted "countless" like the creature attacking them. I'm VERY skeptical of the notion THAT was a Tenno.

He didn't know the ship had come back, but obviously the other guy did. 'The ones from the zariman'.

May I backtrack a little and ask how we know Tenno don't have powers on their own?

It may simply be a bit of inconsistency.  The Zariman incident suggests that Void powers are "themed" and unique to a Tenno, but either somewhat weak or uncontrolled, until harnessed and focussed by an appropriate Warframe.

But our ability to change "themed" Warframes would seem to suggest that our Void powers are non-specific and we can use any Warframe (with its "theme").

I must admit though, it constantly baffles me why some people keep returning to the "energy" theory when it's so blatantly and obviously contradictory to absolutely everything in the game except, ambiguously, one bit of speech of Vor's.

We bleed ffs.

May I backtrack a little and ask how we know Tenno don't have powers on their own?

Obviously some Tenno may be able to produce some effect outside of a warframe (Ember Prime codex). But we have explicit statement that 

1. The rift related powers are (currently) unique to the Limbo Warframe

2. The previous pilot for at least one Limbo warframe is dead and no more are known of.

3. Our Tenno can build a duplicate of that Warframe and after gaining affinity with that Warframe can express the same abilities.

So while a Tenno _may_ be able to express "powers" we know that creation of a Warframe can allow a Tenno to express abilities they previously did not have access to, also that while in a different Warframe they no longer have access to those powers.

Edited by SilentMobius

He didn't know the ship had come back, but obviously the other guy did. 'The ones from the zariman'.

This is fair enough, but he SHOULD have known SOMETHING. One simply doesn't create "countless" of something and not learn a bit about where they come from, even in passing. The Narrator had clearly been working on them for some time, but knew nothing of where they came from? Not even a name? Seems unlikely.

Not to mention he talks about having disected "it's shell", as if the shell was a proper part of it and not just a suit (as you would claim the Warframes are), so the idea that this is a Tenno half-in a Warframe with a helmet off seems to dissipate. Which in tern lends itself to further remove the notion that the Tenno themselves have the powers. Rather it would be the Warframe giving them access to fire, frost, electricity, while the Tenno serves as a pilot and source of the Void energy that is what made them most valuable against the Sentients.

Simple deduction: if we had powers on our own that are being enhanced or focused by the Warframes, why would we be limited to just a specific set of powers in each Warframe? Why not be allowed to mix and match the powers as will?

Limbo is described as being able to manipulate the Rift in dialogue during The Limbo Theorem, we can assume this means the Warframe. But if all Tenno have this ability why would Ordis be specific in saying it was "this Limbo" that had it? Hell, if all Tenno had the abilities why were there lost Warframes to begin with? Could study go in to allow for the focusing of these specific sets?

Maybe it's gameplay justifying story, but it seems a fairly solid path to take.

Obviously some Tenno may be able to produce some effect outside of a warframe (Ember Prime codex). But we have explicit statement that 

1. The rift related powers are (currently) unique to the Limbo Warframe

2. The previous pilot for at least one Limbo warframe is dead and no more are known of.

3. Our Tenno can build a duplicate of that Warframe and after gaining affinity with that Warframe can express the same abilities.

So while a Tenno _may_ be able to express "powers" we know that creation of a Warframe can allow a Tenno to express abilities the previously did not have access to, also that while in a different Warframe to no longer have access to those powers.

To the likes of the child in the EPC, I continue to say: more than fire burns.

Put your face up to an exposed nuclear reactor, tell me how that works out for you.
Edited by Morec0

To the likes of the child in the EPC, I continue to say: more than fire burns.

Put your face up to an exposed nuclear reactor, tell me how that works out for you.

That's why I said "Some Effects", however, I personally think it would be odd to tell a story supposedly about the Ember Warframe where story axial burns were not related to fire and/or heat. But we don't know one way or the other. Save for the strong implication that the child somehow burned Kaleen.

In addition I don't think radiation burn would be described in the way Kaleen's face was. The suggestion of sagging, to me, implies heat, not radiation. also, terms like "greasy" suggest thermal rather than the immediate charring of radiation.

Fundamentally I think that description would be different if the author had "exotic radiation" in their head rather than "heat".

Edited by SilentMobius

In this case the disease agent would still be the nano-machines, not the virus. The virus creates the nano-machines but the disease itself is caused by the nano-machines.

On the other hand if the virus causes the nano-machines to malfunction then the disease agent would be the virus. 

It could then be called... the technocyte virus. Meaning the virus that infects the technocyte. +_+

I'm saying the virus IS the nanomachine. It would be like taking a blank retrovirus and reprogramming it to carry out a specific task in the body, which is basically what you want to do with a nanomachine.

That's why I said "Some Effects", however, I personally think it would be odd to tell a story supposedly about the Ember Warframe where story axial burns were not related to fire and/or heat. But we don't know one way or the other. Save for the strong implication that the child somehow burned Kaleen.

In addition I don't think radiation burn would be described in the way Kaleen's face was. The suggestion of sagging, to me, implies heat, not radiation. also, terms like "greasy" suggest thermal rather than the immediate charring of radiation.

Fundamentally I think that description would be different if the author had "exotic radiation" in their head rather than "heat".

Perhaps, but I'd picture hugging someone whose got raw energy coursing through them as being PRETTY devastating as far as far as what that would do to you would go.

Radiation burns aren't all that different from the burns of fire. The intensity of it would determine how burnt it would make a person. I'd post some pictures comparing them but it feels like a bit much for the forums.

Perhaps, but I'd picture hugging someone whose got raw energy coursing through them as being PRETTY devastating as far as far as what that would do to you would go.

Oh it would, but that is a practical evaluation of the events as described, which is fine but not what I was looking at.

I'm saying it would be a odd and... weak story snippet if you're right. IMHO The language of the story suggest to me that the author wants us to think fire/heat.

Radiation burns aren't all that different from the burns of fire. The intensity of it would determine how burnt it would make a person. I'd post some pictures comparing them but it feels like a bit much for the forums.

I actually googled for some pictures before I posted that, I stand by my assessment. Less slippage more surface damage.