Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zarima Children Theory (Inspired By The Tenno Are Energy Thread)

DancingJaxi

If you read the Ember Codex it implies that children were sent in on purpose by the Government, sort of the same idea in Halo where six year olds were kidnapped for the Spartan Project, which also implies that children were more susceptible to the void energy which would make sense since kids are still forming in body and mind at a early age.  

If you read the Ember Codex it implies that children were sent in on purpose by the Government, sort of the same idea in Halo where six year olds were kidnapped for the Spartan Project, which also implies that children were more susceptible to the void energy which would make sense since kids are still forming in body and mind at a early age.  

Implied, but not implicitly stated.  It could have been true that they didn't put children aboard the Zariman... it just came back with children and nobody else.

As for Kaleen's "burns" that doesn't necessarily have to be done via fire.  Granted, it is told through Ember's codex, but it's thematic.  Just as in Rhino's codex the only real possible connection to the Warframe itself is that it's bathing itself in something that looks like the element, mercury.

Good info on the Tenno powers outside of Warframes.

~~~~~~~~~

Re: "radiation burns". I'm not sure if radiation itself causes any burning. Burns caused by nuclear weapons seem to be caused by the heat of the explosion itself. 

If I'm not mistaken, animals put inside tanks to test the effects of neutron bombs pretty much look intact and otherwise unharmed from the outside.

Edited by Coryphaus

I'm saying the virus IS the nanomachine. It would be like taking a blank retrovirus and reprogramming it to carry out a specific task in the body, which is basically what you want to do with a nanomachine.

My view of what is a virus and what is a nano-machine is still quite rigid.

I don't understand how a virus could be turned into a nano-machine and vice versa. To me they are two quite separate things :o

Viruses as we know it today require the RNA and DNA of a host cell and essentially hijack that cell to self-replicate. If they did not require a host cell why would it still be called a virus and not just a nano-machine? :o

Edited by Coryphaus

Implied, but not implicitly stated.  It could have been true that they didn't put children aboard the Zariman... it just came back with children and nobody else.

As for Kaleen's "burns" that doesn't necessarily have to be done via fire.  Granted, it is told through Ember's codex, but it's thematic.  Just as in Rhino's codex the only real possible connection to the Warframe itself is that it's bathing itself in something that looks like the element, mercury.

Well... and a roar that damages the lights. I'm quite certain that those events are supposed to be descriptions of early versions of Rhino's power set.

Edited by SilentMobius

Well, yeah, we kinda do.

We know they bleed. We know they have flesh. They use life support, they breathe, they die. We know they used to be orokin, and the orokin are pretty much like humans, so unless the tenno disintegrated (which is doubtful, given ember prime's codex and the other evidence) they'd still be biological creatures.

Rhino Prime's codex also obviously implies they have hands, eyes and mouths and bodies. Vor aalso attaches the ascaris to the player, which takes over the tenno by injecting a parasite, and the device explodes and kills the host if tampered with. Mirage smiles, physically, as evidenced in her questline. And if the Dark Sector universe is at least partially canon, the proto excalibur suit is further evidence of a physical host.

Three words for you;

Inhabited Biological Construct.

I am not saying anyone's theory is more correct than anyone else, given the information we have. I am simply saying that there is not enough evidence to empirically state facts.

Three words for you;

Inhabited Biological Construct.

I am not saying anyone's theory is more correct than anyone else, given the information we have. I am simply saying that there is not enough evidence to empirically state facts.

Chroma's pelt looks like it's made of Infested tissue, and Infested Mesa certainly fits the bill, but none of the other Warframes look very biological to me.

Chroma's pelt looks like it's made of Infested tissue, and Infested Mesa certainly fits the bill, but none of the other Warframes look very biological to me.

Really? I am fairly sure that Biomechanical has been a solid visual theme from the get-go. Vauban (at least to me) is the only real exception there. Even Limbo's bloody suit looks grown, not sewn.

Really? I am fairly sure that Biomechanical has been a solid visual theme from the get-go. Vauban (at least to me) is the only real exception there. Even Limbo's bloody suit looks grown, not sewn.

I dunno man. Limbo's suit looks more like 3D printed plastic to me. I don't see any particular parts that look biological in the Warframes apart from Chroma.

My view of what is a virus and what is a nano-machine is still quite rigid.

I don't understand how a virus could be turned into a nano-machine and vice versa. To me they are two quite separate things :o

Viruses as we know it today require the RNA and DNA of a host cell and essentially hijack that cell to self-replicate. If they did not require a host cell why would it still be called a virus and not just a nano-machine? :o

Viruses don't require the host cell's DNA. They inject their own genetic information to tell that cell what to do, which is to grow more viruses. In gene therapy, people take a "blank" retrovirus and essentially reprogram it with the genetic information that we want to add to a cell. This is similar to programming a machine to carry out a task, except we're using something that already exists as a base.

Technocyte could be both a nanomachine and a virus due to 2 factors. One is that it's man-made and possibly synthetic, that was created to carry out a specific task, which makes it a machine. The other is that it affects cells and changes them, like a virus.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Viruses don't require the host cell's DNA. They inject their own genetic information to tell that cell what to do, which is to grow more viruses. In gene therapy, people take a "blank" retrovirus and essentially reprogram it with the genetic information that we want to add to a cell. This is similar to programming a machine to carry out a task, except we're using something that already exists as a base.

Technocyte could be both a nanomachine and a virus due to 2 factors. One is that it's man-made and possibly synthetic, that was created to carry out a specific task, which makes it a machine. The other is that it affects cells and changes them, like a virus.

I don't know if that is true. Viruses in real world as I know it (I may be mistaken) are host specific. A virus that infects fish has a low chance of infecting people, even though the chance for zoonosis exists. But this means real-world viruses are host specific. Also, what I understand is that viruses bind their own RNA or DNA to the host cell's DNA and RNA. So we may see gorillas and fruit bats being reservoirs for Ebola and then being spread to humans, but we don't see Ebola in fish. To me, this means that viruses actually do require the host cell's genetic information. It also means they cannot do anything without a host. 

A nano-machine infecting a cell or forming tissue by itself seems to indicate a different mechanism from that of a virus.

I am not familiar with gene therapy and have not followed developments.

I still don't understand how a nano-machine could also be a virus. I'm not sure if I'm just tired today or still just boggled by the nomenclature.

Edited by Coryphaus

I don't know if that is true. Viruses in real world as I know it (I may be mistaken) are host specific. A virus that infects fish has a low chance of infecting people, even though the chance for zoonosis exists. But this means real-world viruses are host specific. Also, what I understand is that viruses bind their own RNA or DNA to the host cell's DNA and RNA. So we may see gorillas and fruit bats being reservoirs for Ebola and then being spread to humans, but we don't see Ebola in fish. To me, this means that viruses actually do require the host cell's genetic information. It also means they cannot do anything without a host. 

A nano-machine infecting a cell or forming tissue by itself seems to indicate a different mechanism from that of a virus.

I am not familiar with gene therapy and have not followed developments.

I still don't understand how a nano-machine could also be a virus. I'm not sure if I'm just tired today or still just boggled by the nomenclature.

Viruses do not have to be host specific to classify as a virus. I don't see what you're getting at though. Host specific viruses shouldn't be compared to a fictional infectious agent that doesn't discriminate between hosts.

Viruses are capable of infecting a host cell because they have the right physiology to penetrate the cell's structure. After the virus is in, it injects new information(genetic material) that tells the cell what to do, which is to make more of the virus.

Gene therapy makes use of the virus ability to penetrate a cell and input new information. They would take a virus and replace it's genetic information with the genetic information of their choosing. Doing this allows them to give instructions to a cell that would tell it to implement the new code and not the viral information of growing more. For example, if i wanted you to have tapetum lucidum, i'd infect you with a virus carry the dna that would instruct the cells in your eyes to produce it. If it succeeds, you'd be able to see in the dark.

As for a viral based nanomachine, you'd construct a tiny machine in a form similar to a virus if your goal is to penetrate a cell. The primary goal could be to invade a cancerous cell and destroy it, give a cell instructions to produce, or to provide something that benefits it. It doesn't have to have circuitry or metals to be a machine.

In the case of Technocyte, we know they are nanites and that it infects the host to cause unwanted changes within the body to benefit itself, like a virus.

Apologies on something:

!) Zariman with the "N"

2)Technocyte virus not actually in the game so em yeah change that to the infestation (Wait why is the infested wiki page talk about the technocyte virus? whatever change to the infestation.) So the orokin create the infested to fight the sentients. Plan backfired and they got infested. They sent the infested orokin into the void(cause why would you sent some1 alive int here you know? sick people, those that are forsaken got sent into the void as a last ditch attempt. Out they come with the void energy. 

3) The children incident happen in the void era, Way before the orokin needed the tenno. The children have powers and stuff (burning faces off people). However the children power cannot be control and harness by the orokin so they kinda left them there.

4) Years past and the orokin is losing to the sentients, They got infected by the infested. They sent these people into the void. They came out with the void energy. The children grow into adults(still mentally fk and all that). The orokin saw the link, 1 have void energy, the other have the power.

They experiment on the children and you know turn them into suits. The tenno thus is able to channel the same energy through the children, using the children powers.  Thats why we can change suits cause the tenno don have the powers the frames have it, we only have energy

5) Don matter if we are energy or we have energy it works and explain why the frames have gender. Because they are the zarima children.

Technocyte has been mentioned in the game. The infested in Warframe are technocyte, just a version two (and that particular assessment is based on the design of infested stuff in the game).

The orokin experimented on the children with technocyte (rhino prime codex).

Children were sent into the Void pre-Sentients. I think the Tenno are flesh and blood (their flesh steel-like technocyte, their blood energized), and that they can then transfer between frames. I think the Tenno were cloned, and that this is why there are multiple Excaliburs, Frosts, Lokis, etc. I think the Orokin original had only one of each Tenno, and assigned each Tenno a frame, and that this frame was their identity. Then they cloned the Tenno.

Well... and a roar that damages the lights. I'm quite certain that those events are supposed to be descriptions of early versions of Rhino's power set.

Yeah well, Rhino also isn't a mindless beast with claws that looks like he needs to eat either.

Fact of the matter is, it makes little sense to me that an "Ember" child could filet some officer's face but not incinerate the other nearby children, assuming they were all huddled together as implied by the story.  I doubt Kaleen approached very many individual, if any at all.  Hence why I think void energy was the real culprit, and it ain't kind to humans.  Beings that harness or ARE void energy made corporeal however?

No one said those clouds out there aren't sentient...

But then Vor's Janus key is a thing.  Though that's more Orokin tech channeling void energy into raw firepower of some sort, so it probably no longer counts as pure void energy.

How about Phorid's (I think that it was Phorid) quote saying "[...] We are Your Flesh"?

It kinda gives some connection to the Infestation, doesn't it?

And I think that Lotus mentions something about a "Technocyte Plague"...

Edited by Drejzer

How about Phorid's (I think that it was Phorid) quote saying "[...] We are Your Flesh"?

Yes to all of that.

2)Technocyte virus not actually in the game so em yeah change that to the infestation (Wait why is the infested wiki page talk about the technocyte virus? whatever change to the infestation.) 

Technocyte is in the game and it is the Infested. Take a look at the description of Nano spores.

Yes to all of that.

Aye, the Technocyte Plague is likely what came after the Orokin Era - mentioned in the Anti Moa Synth and then seen in action in the C. Ancient Synth, with the start of it likely showing up in the Eviscerator Synth.

As to the "we are your flesh", I continue to equate that to the Warframes. The Warframe, living suits of Technocyte the Tenno control and use the powers of - enhancing them with our Void energy (which is what made us such a threat to the Sentients); also explaining why our powers are tied to specific frames without the ability to mix or match them.

... Tennos are human sent to the void with the technocyte virus and come back infuse with the energy of the void and yet remain conscious. ...

thx, forget to mention it that way in my last post of the other thread ^^) couldnt say it better

remaining concious means tennos have chosen what they are and what they do now ...

Op is all kinds of confused as are others

The proto rhino was akin to something like a rabid zombie behemoth killing and eating the result.

It gets into the stasis prison and bam.. becomes a conscious organism not powered by rage and instinct.

The zariman children were likely a group of soon to be tenno. Considering ember p codex takes place before rhino p it's safe to assume excal was also on that ship. I mean it says he was the first in his entry and they were already zariman children at the time of rhino p codex.

And

As poppa vor stated, they have removed tenno from warframes only to render the frame useless so it's unlikely that the zariman children were conscious warframes with no pilot.

Technocyte has been mentioned in the game. The infested in Warframe are technocyte, just a version two (and that particular assessment is based on the design of infested stuff in the game).

The orokin experimented on the children with technocyte (rhino prime codex).

Children were sent into the Void pre-Sentients. I think the Tenno are flesh and blood (their flesh steel-like technocyte, their blood energized), and that they can then transfer between frames. I think the Tenno were cloned, and that this is why there are multiple Excaliburs, Frosts, Lokis, etc. I think the Orokin original had only one of each Tenno, and assigned each Tenno a frame, and that this frame was their identity. Then they cloned the Tenno.

I don't think this is accurate

Nothing says in rhino p they infected people. For all we know that was what rhino was built off of. After all it eats what it kills so it's implying it's an organism of itself and when it reached the zariman kids stasis prison it seemed to awaken from its primitive state to a more advanced awareness which to me implies it was harnessed by the zariman children locked up in there.

As for clones I don't think so entirely. They turned to the void in desperation which suggests that they were close to defeat. Meaning tenno came about at the end of the war. They nearly wiped out all sentient life on our system suggesting there was more than just a small army. There would be no need for multiple clones types if they used them... We'd all be excal clones in dif suits most likely. And, I doubt a small handful of tenno could handle an army of sentients so it's more likely many children or people were sent into the void and made tenno. Now, the mag prime codex says she was from the void era.. this suggests the war lasted a really really long time. Eras and all.

Aye, the Technocyte Plague is likely what came after the Orokin Era - mentioned in the Anti Moa Synth and then seen in action in the C. Ancient Synth, with the start of it likely showing up in the Eviscerator Synth.

As to the "we are your flesh", I continue to equate that to the Warframes. The Warframe, living suits of Technocyte the Tenno control and use the powers of - enhancing them with our Void energy (which is what made us such a threat to the Sentients); also explaining why our powers are tied to specific frames without the ability to mix or match them.

I have been saying technocyte based symbiotic prosthesis for over a year or more. I love seeing other people come up with things I've posted many times over. It gets ignored but then that one tenno riding the same wavelength comes about and no longer do I feel alone.

was looking for my old old old zariman kids thread

Found this instead

Dr Steve on who we are :

''Yes this. 1000% this. To be specific, we will not impose a backstory on *your* Warframe. Its more about how did that 'design' come about, what inspired its design in the Orokin era, historical context about its function. Not 'Become Bob the Warframe, who loves potato chips and long walks on the beach.' More like reading a wiki entry on Greek Fire, how it was used, what was interesting about than a bio.

Cool?''

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/125238-quick-codex-progress/?view=findpost&p=1488020

Edited by PookieNumnums

I think it's a generic, creepy line indicating that the infestation are made of human flesh.

If you were watching a viral-style zombie movie and a zombie monster said "We are your flesh" to the protagonist would you assume that the protagonist was infected with the virus? or would you assume the monster was talking about the fact that they were literally made of human flesh and thus being generally creepy?

If the line was "You are our flesh" then sure that would be something, but that's not the line. "We are your flesh" is what they say, and they are, they are all made of human flesh.