Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Doors Have Been Locked.... For The Thousand Time....

Twistedsparkle

why is this the only defensive procedure with grineer and corpus?

I feel a vein in my forehead pops out every time this happens :DD

I think it would cool instead of locking doors infront of you (which is just a minor inconvenience anyway)
the enemy could instead activate defensive protocols activating all sorts of traps and possibly double or triple enemy units in some areas

or something like that?

whaddya guys think about this?

This has been on my mind for a while; I think a bit of security protocol update isn't too much to ask for. My suggestion would be to have hidden turrets appear and waste the Tenno, or maybe flamethrowers with a 100% chance to proc a burn status.

Locking doors just delays the inevitable. At least this way, things shooting at us would make us panic a bit while trying to hack the control panel... unless the player brought the hacking tool thing (I forgot what it's called).

We need a self-destruct mechanism for the enemies.

Assuming all these countless ships are carrying anything at all of vital importance, it's sometimes better to take out the entire ship than to just try and delete data or defend a control module against a pack of gods.

Edited by MagnusFury

We need a self-destruct mechanism for the enemies.

Assuming all these countless ships are carrying anything at all of vital importance, it's sometimes better to take out the entire ship than to just try and delete data or defend a control module against a pack of gods.

Corpus would never do this. They're all about #Profit.

Lockdown is not designed as a way to make things more difficult. It's a safety net for people who are not that well equipped and could easily get overwhelmed by additional spawns during alarms. Lockdown stops the spawns and gives them time to catch a breath and rethink their strategy ;]

So yeah, if the mission is already too easy for you, lockdowns are annoying, but if you struggle, they can be a life saver.

Lockdown is not designed as a way to make things more difficult. It's a safety net for people who are not that well equipped and could easily get overwhelmed by additional spawns during alarms. Lockdown stops the spawns and gives them time to catch a breath and rethink their strategy ;]

So yeah, if the mission is already too easy for you, lockdowns are annoying, but if you struggle, they can be a life saver.

Ah, that's an interesting point. Maybe they could be more prevalent in lower level missions, and more diverse traps in higher level ones?

I too fail to see the purpose of the lockdowns. However I don't think it should be replaced by something else like traps. Lockdowns I see as a hindrance and think they should simply be removed.

Warframe is supposed to be fast paced and getting slowed down by the lockdowns defeats that purpose.

Why you got to activate the alarms or lock the place down for a desert skate or wild drahk? After a lockdown, why do I have to hack the alarms twice in a row to get back down to normal un-alarmed status? 

Edited by weezedog

I think it would cool instead of locking doors infront of you (which is just a minor inconvenience anyway)

the enemy could instead activate defensive protocols activating all sorts of traps and possibly double or triple enemy units in some areas

That would actually require DE to put in work into improving the game, rather than just churn out more frames and items that make them money. So I doubt anything would happen, especially since they're all pretty busy getting Warframe ready for China so actually improving the core game isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Yet the enemy can still open the doors. Its only stopping us not them.

Why you got to activate the alarms or lock the place down for a desert skate or wild drahk? After a lockdown, why do I have to hack the alarms twice in a row to get back down to normal un-alarmed status? 

Because those desert skates might be Tenno spies. You can never be too careful. I mean, those Tenno have kubrows, so it makes sense, right?

What we should really have is like GTA-style "wanted level" and when the alert level is at maximum, have all kinds of awesome blockades and heavier units spawned and in formation waiting for us behind fortifications set up in the areas in front of us.

Edited by Volume