The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Utility Slot

LoliKon00

Let me clarify there will only be ONE utility slot per frame, you most likely have to activate this slot with an item like a potato and you will get one of those from the quest, if you want to activate the utility slot in every frame you have to get that item on another way.

Hardly, if you watched the Stream it was said that the feature will be explored in a quest and will affect how it works, so there will be no 'activating' through the use of a potato.

Hardly, if you watched the Stream it was said that the feature will be explored in a quest and will affect how it works, so there will be no 'activating' through the use of a potato.

Believe me or not, you will see.

Edited by Saske92

Players: Hey DE you know waht would be cool? if you gave us more slots for our frames, to use all that utility mods that otherwise we wouldn't use

DE: Ok, we are will give you a new slot for utility mods

Players: DE how the hell you dare give us this?!?blah blah this is bad and you should feel bad blah blah formas blah blah unplanned development blah etc etc

seriously guys theres no way to make you happy

It's simple, you rather have a game that truly employs mod (modifying) as a system for changing your game style, or to select your strategy of battle?

Or you rather have a game were the mod system is simply a basic stat upgrader.

Cause if the mod system is just to upgrade the basic and fundamental stats that are mandatory and required to play past enemy level 20, then a upgrade tree would be a smarter and direct solution.

Then we wouldn't need 95% of mods DE releases, since only 5% of these mods are ever used since 5% of these mods is what everyone uses 100% of the time, because they are so essential.

For long both the community and the devs have admitted and realize that "serration" mod types aren't good, they dont enhance the concept of diversity and players choice, the mod system is meant to be.

So the "here is 1 (one) utility mod slot" is a indirect statement of "we don't learn our lessons" and "we recognize the serration problematic, but we choose to do band aid solutions and amateur decisions".

Realize those who seem grumpy, always negative, and cant seem to be pleased, are only people who are farther ahead in analyzing and understanding that this topic is bigger then the tip of the ice berg.

Edited by 7grims

This is correct on the stream they said a quest for a guaranteed slot AND through other methods unspecified. In fact they did not mention a maximum so it could be three slots for all we know.

If they did not mention a maximum it could be 8 slots for all we know.

snip

I wasnt around back then, but i have heard that at some point there was a skill tree in warframe and that it wasnt that great.

Im not saying that this new slot is the best solution, and yes i suppose you could say its just a band aid fix

but that doesnt change the fact that its a new slot and therefore good, because you can have more mods.

Yes I know I know mods are bad, or whatever you want to say but whatevs, thats your opinion, I actually like it

the truth is that no matter what DE does theres just no way that people are going to be happy about it, there are just too many players all with different ideas and opinions about how the game should be and what DE should take away or add, also we are on the internet and people love to fight on the internet

A good expample of this is when they remove powers as mod they also remove 2 mod slots from our  frames and people complained

now they give us 1 more slot, and guess what happens? yes people complain.

also 

this plz

Augments better have that utility star thing 

Twice? Casual . Three forma trinity here.

Only three...? My usual Warframes have four or more Formas (Loki Prime being the exception with one Forma, since he pretty much comes with the polarities I wanted), with weapons having the normal four to six depending on the weapon.

Formas are far too common, I feel.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01

Im legit curious, what kind of crazy build do you need 6 forma for?

When almost all of your mods are rank 10 types maxed except one (I just can't give up Rage, it's very important to have) and for future proofing of course. Maybe I am a bit too paranoid about mod space xD.

When almost all of your mods are rank 10 types maxed except one (I just can't give up Rage, it's very important to have) and for future proofing of course. Maybe I am a bit too paranoid about mod space xD.

http://goo.gl/P3qoxf

Unless redirection is in your build then i assume thats your build, maybe a different aura. If that is your build, you only need 3forma.So is that your build?

Edit-S#&$ i forgot steel fiber, replace equilibrium with a maxed steel fiber

Edited by Arenzo4

http://goo.gl/P3qoxf

Unless redirection is in your build then i assume thats your build, maybe a different aura. If that is your build, you only need 3forma.So is that your build?

Edit-S#&$ i forgot steel fiber, replace equilibrium with a maxed steel fiber

Almost. I just don't use Narrow Minded, it's not worth gimping your super slow Warcry range and Primed Cont gives enough duration for it to not suck. Equilibrium is a godsend, would never part with it. Yeah, I admit, I overdid with the Forma..but I still plan to finish the remaining slots XD.

Edit: Of course, if a worthy new Primed Mod comes out I'll probably drop Transiert Fortitude as well.

Edited by Momo93

Almost. I just don't use Narrow Minded, it's not worth gimping your super slow Warcry range and Primed Cont gives enough duration for it to not suck. Equilibrium is a godsend, would never part with it. Yeah, I admit, I overdid with the Forma..but I still plan to finish the remaining slots XD.

you, are ridiculous, but being ridiculous is fun

I heard we might be able to get more than one of these slots, so if u need to double forma for only a slot, you're looking and some deep forma sinking here :L

You heard wrong. One per frame according to devstream, from a quest.

Edited by NearoC