Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necros Lore Change Yes Or No?

(PSN)swamprat3

Hello in new to this section so i dont know the educate so bear with me

Something ive notice is that necros is misrepresented as a necromancer in the codex and his theam and this is where most of his hate stems from people look in the codex see a necromancer but get a farmer so im wondering if changing his lore and name to fit his powers wouldn't solve the 3 problems i keep seeing in those threads 1 he's portrayed as a necromancer but he's not. 2 the devs wouldn't have to change his powers so people get to keep what there use to and 3 doing this will open up the necromancer theam and name to be used as a base for a new summoner frame. I think this would make as many people happy while making as few waves as possible 

So, what, you want the Devs to redesign Nekros to have a straw hat and overalls? I'd rather a rework to make him a real necromancer frame AND retain desecrate rather than just cope out and change the frame's intended design.

So i guess i wasnt very clear in my first post and im sorry about that but THIS ISNT ABOUT THE FRAME OR HIS POWERS its about how his lore is vague and getting an idea about if changing his lore and name will solve it or at least make it clear what he is and so far ive got 2 people saying no and 2 people illustrating my point perfectly 

The name Desecrate refers to desecrating a grave, or grave robbing. Dunno why people would think it isn't necromantic :|

Imo his theme is death moreover than necromancer. 

And someone calling for an almost groun up rework

this idea will make all of you happy (eventually)

Lazer and monkey the frame wont be changed but it might be named after some obscure god of death and greed

Yonm the community wont allow the devs to change the way he is but if his lore is changed to not a necromancer then DE might look in to a full core summoner necromancer frame without catching flack about already having one but this is later on but at least this opens the door for it 

Edited by (PS4)swamprat3

And someone calling for an almost groun up rework

this idea will make all of you happy (eventually)

Lazer and monkey the frame wont be changed but it might be named after some obscure god of death and greed

Yonm the community wont allow the devs to change the way he is but if his lore is changed to not a necromancer then DE might look in to a full core summoner necromancer frame without catching flack about already having one but this is later on but at least this opens the door for it 

Not sure how I was asking for a ground up rework. I was just pointing out my opinion on the way I precive his theme to be.

Anyone saying "Creating wealth, ie farming, is not the same as causing death" is playing an entirely different game then me.

Kill something, loot pops out.

Nearly all of our loot comes from killing things.  Want a mod?  Here's what you go kill.  Want a warframe?  Here's who you go kill.  Want ammo?  Go kill something.  Want energy?  Go kill something.  Want resources?  Go kill something on this planet.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with his lore, nor with his portrayal as a Necromancer.

He is not supposed to be an actual necromancer, as much as people like to use the expression space magic, warfame powers are scifi, and Nekro´s are supposed to evoke necromancy not be actual necromancy. I would say lore is fine, also always tought using desecrate to fill  the floor with red orbs is kinda like covering it with the blood of the enemies and leeching life off their corpses, what´s not necromantic about that?

Edited by Pavelord