Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Old Coptering

Rend_

Let's be real here, the reason DE removed coptering was so people couldn't rush through missions and grind efficiently.

Let's be real here and stop the conspiracy theories. Parkour 2.0 is faster than parkour 1.0 if you know what you're doing.

Let's be real here and stop the conspiracy theories. Parkour 2.0 is faster than parkour 1.0 if you know what you're doing.

It wouldn't be new if DE does something to prevent people from farming easier or faster. Viver, Draco, more or less all excavations. We have many examples where DE changed something to make it slower. Fast traveling is good for: Capture, Sabotage, Rescue, Spy, Assassination...everything where you just need to go to a specific point, do it, and extract. If I could choose between a helicopter or a rabbit, I'd choose the helicopter.

I think the problem isn't really the speed. The actual design of missions don't have anything that wants you to stay longer than neccessary. Some people just want to do it fast because it is the same thing again and again. Especially when you have to grind for that specific weapon or warframe part that never drops because even Diablo 3 has better drop tables.

Edited by Lesserli

Keyword being "was". At its conception, it was indeed a bug. But was later adopted as a full blow feature. All weapons could copter to some degree, some were just ridiculously bad at at. You do realize that "because it's my choice." reasoning also applies to why someone would choose to copter with the furax instead of the ceramic dagger or the tipedo, right?

Facts:

-Coptering started as a bug. True

-Coptering was later adopted as a feature. False

-S#&$ty coptering is still coptering (coptering being the act of using a melee weapon's spin attack for movement). False

If you continue to deny any of these I will ignore you as that will be a clear indication of your refusal to have a productive conversation on this matter.

(Poisoning the well)

Coptering is the bug for that stupid amount of propulsion you get from a spin attack. This is why I said spin attacks are not coptering.

Tolerating a bug does not make it a feature. The community demanded, and DE delivered. Doesn't make it any more legit.

The choice removed wasn't melee weapon vs. melee weapon. It was melee weapon vs. MOVEMENT. If you wanted to go fast, you couldn't pick the Furax. You had to pick the Tipedo/Ceramic Dagger. That's not choice. Now we can pick what we want and go as fast as we need to at the same time, which is something coptering did NOT offer.

Coptering is the bug for that stupid amount of propulsion you get from a spin attack. This is why I said spin attacks are not coptering.

Tolerating a bug does not make it a feature. The community demanded, and DE delivered. Doesn't make it any more legit.

The choice removed wasn't melee weapon vs. melee weapon. It was melee weapon vs. MOVEMENT. If you wanted to go fast, you couldn't pick the Furax. You had to pick the Tipedo/Ceramic Dagger. That's not choice. Now we can pick what we want and go as fast as we need to at the same time, which is something coptering did NOT offer.

Coptering was a feature, this conversation is over.

That doesn't even make sense. It isn't the player (or the customer) who is responsible for an dev/inventor's mistake that ends up being amazing.

It was adopted as a feature by players, not DE. It was always a bug. Now it's gone and it's not coming back.

You know what i miss about the old method?

The weapon spin attack. That was the best thing about it because as you were traveling you would clear any obstacles that were in the way. Now with the bullet twirl you dont have any offensive move happening so you will get blocked by enemies.

I was just doing an excavation and going from one digger to the other and since it was a few diggers in there was a nice bunch and i ended getting blocked by a group that were in the way.

I was playing with Nyx so i have no quick ability to clear these folks, i wasnt going to chaos just for that. Plus i had one of those batteries so i was walking around with a secondary.

This is going to cause some problems.

You know what i miss about the old method?

The weapon spin attack. That was the best thing about it because as you were traveling you would clear any obstacles that were in the way. Now with the bullet twirl you dont have any offensive move happening so you will get blocked by enemies.

I was just doing an excavation and going from one digger to the other and since it was a few diggers in there was a nice bunch and i ended getting blocked by a group that were in the way.

I was playing with Nyx so i have no quick ability to clear these folks, i wasnt going to chaos just for that. Plus i had one of those batteries so i was walking around with a secondary.

This is going to cause some problems.

Don't even pretend that people used coptering to fight or for that matter even kill anything solely with coptering. You can however use the spring board move on enemies now to use their faces as trampolines. I guess people are going to have to start getting creative now with the movement system instead of flinging around until a wall stops you or you have to go up.

Don't even pretend that people used coptering to fight or for that matter even kill anything solely with coptering. You can however use the spring board move on enemies now to use their faces as trampolines. I guess people are going to have to start getting creative now with the movement system instead of flinging around until a wall stops you or you have to go up.

Im not pretending, that's what happened and that's what i did.

Spin attack is a move that exist on the game, plus it does a whole mess of damage.

And there's also the stun kick. Coptering had a nice combination of things going that made it very powerful.

Yes, you can hop over enemies but you need to be above them.

Im not pretending, that's what happened and that's what i did.

Spin attack is a move that exist on the game, plus it does a whole mess of damage.

And there's also the stun kick. Coptering had a nice combination of things going that made it very powerful.

Yes, you can hop over enemies but you need to be above them.

^^^^this

I completly agree, spin attack was very good at clearing group of weaker enemies(especially when paired with weapon with good range and primed reach) also it was good for escaping when surrounded by enemies, the nerf to distance made use of this ability at higher level useless, since you frequently end up in the middle of enemies instead of cutting through them, it far too dangerous to use. And lets not forget that this nerf made many of faster but weaker melee weapons useless, since there is no meaning to take them since many of slower weapons are MUCH better at killing enemies then fast ones.

Is 2.0 that bad?

I question if people that coptered actually use the pre-U17 parkour.

Because this parkour is a lot better than parkour 1.0:

Strangely enough I've been questioning if DE considered copter to be an actual part of the parkour system to begin with. If copter was a part of parkour than why can't we equip our melee in the parkour room at the dojo?