Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

But I believe you guys all miss the point: DId she kill the Orokin just because it was her enemies, or because they were truly, as we've read in recent entries, not good at all? Or both perhaps? Also she helps people out on the Origin System, so why would she have to do that?

More questions plz?

I'm still not convinced that "She" Killed the Orokin.

People are assuming that there was some kind of control or lies involved in getting the Tenno to attack the Orokin.

Is it so far fetched to suggest that maybe she simply told them the truths that the Orokin had hidden from them?

Without further information I think it's a mistake to assume.

WHHHHAAATT THHHEEE FAAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!

I really don't trust her now pssh Tenshin is now the only soul in warframe that I think has GOOD intentions "Evil Locust, we should have let Vey Hek throw you right into the boiling sun"

#deathtothelotus

Edited by (PS4)iProdigy99

Regor calls the sentient a liberator. He thinks the sentient freed the grineer from their (genetic?) programming.

What if the sentients made war on the orokin for the same reasons we make war on the grineer? Namely, "this empire is led by utter monsters."

What if the sentients... Are the good guys? The sounds they make (seriously, sneak up on a drone and don't scare it off - it almost sounds like some alien choir) and their visual design is vaguely angelic, to contrast the void demons that are tenno. What if we're the evil ones here? First stormtroopers fighting for the empire, then loot hungry mercenaries?

This is what I believe - the Orokin saw the Sentients as nothing more than their property, regardless of their new status as being "Sentient" and so thought they could discard them or lord over them as they had all the others. But the Sentients were strong enough to resist, strong enough to be able to fight back. I do think that the Old War was fought because the Orokin thought they could treat everything "lesser" than them like they were slaves.

The Warframe universe is a series of greys, the fallout from the Old War. Sometimes the heroes winning doesn't have a happy ending.

I'm not sure I understand your point though. Yeah, the Sentients could use turn Orokin technology against them but I figured that was done through adaptive regeneration. How does that eliminate the need to gain trust?

If they could mess with heads better than Orokin neural sentries (which is possible as they seem to dwarf the Orokin in everything), then she did not need any trust of any kind. That's my point, we could have been pawns in someone's game of chess.

What if the sentients... Are the good guys? The sounds they make (seriously, sneak up on a drone and don't scare it off - it almost sounds like some alien choir) and their visual design is vaguely angelic, to contrast the void demons that are tenno.

This made me think of how, in Christianity, Satan is believed to be angel fomerly named Lucifer who turned on God and and his fellow angels because he thought he was better than God and became the lord of Hell amd demons.

Kinda like how the Lotus, a Sentient formerly named Natah, turned on her kind to side with the Tenno to become our guide and space mum...

#LotusIsSpaceSatanConfirmed?

Edited by Tengu147

This made me think of how, in Christianity, Satan is believed to be angel fomerly named Lucifer who turned on God and and his fellow angels because he thought he was better than God and became the lord of Hell amd demons.

If you look at it from a neutral (non-religious) point of view, you'll notice that Satan never actually kills any humans directly. He might trick them into doing bad stuff, but never kills. God on the other hand, has killed millions of people xD

If you look at it from a neutral (non-religious) point of view, you'll notice that Satan never actually kills any humans directly. He might trick them into doing bad stuff, but never kills. God on the other hand, has killed millions of people xD

Oh make no mistake, I'm not bashing the Lotus at all. I just found that interesting.

I still support her even with this revelation. The heretics will burn

I've got to admit I saw this coming long ago, but still I'm so excited!

Sentiants (logically) wouldn't be able to reproduce conventionally. What assumably would happen is a sentiant would split it's conscious to create another sentiant then that sentiant has different experiences and develops a certain identity (Lotus). What does this mean? It means that there might be an original sentiant which could have produced all other sentiants. Which considering how he talks maybe the burnt sentiant.

pzh3a07.jpg

From this it sounds like the sentiants share one mind. That means that it might not be just experiences that shapped Lotus, something had to of happend to free her from the one mind or at least decide what she shares to it. Also from here it sounds as though this sentiant has some power over other sentiants.

However what does this mean for us, the tenno. If we are Lotus' children are we part sentiant? Is that why we can hold these powers? or are we purely twisted by the void energy and our parents are only orokin? Think about it, if some part of us is sentiant then that explains quite a few things about us. Why we hold these powers and why we were not destroyed in ships like the Zariman. We are the sentiant's soldiers trained by the orokin. The sentiants basically killed the orokin with their own people.

The tenno still create there own personality they still have control over themselves. So a simple order from Lotus (who has possibly been with the tenno since they were babies/had powers) probably wouldn't have been enough to kill the orokin. However when you consider what was done to the tenno and how the orokin operated, it probably was easy to sway the tenno into killing the orokin.

X7DkWKn.jpg

If it wasn't for this quote I would have suggested that the sentiant's demise was a complete fake however it doesn't look that way. From the looks of things the sentiants severed the everything between the solar system and the void, even let us kill the original(possibly, it's significant enough to mention that we destroyed him and he has some power over others) however Lotus was left behind to exterminate everything. Whether or not she was meant to resurrect the sentiant race arfter this remains to be seen. What we do know though is that her individualism amongst the sentiants stopped her from killing everything.

One thing i do wonder about is, if what Lotus calls the second dream was the cryosleep we woke up from at the start of the game, then what was the first dream?

The war? or the time before the orokin disturbed the void?

Edited by Postal_pat

Oh make no mistake, I'm not bashing the Lotus at all. I just found that interesting.

I still support her even with this revelation. The heretics will burn

Brother! Always nice to agree with a loyalist!

Check warhammer to see why heresy is bullS#&$.And just because you call other ppl who don't want to follow her heretics i'll never join you.

Edited by Altey

However what does this mean for us, the tenno. If we are Lotus' children are we part sentiant?

Tenno aren't actually Lotus' children. She adopted us because she can't have children herself. So no, tenno aren't sentient. Our powers come from being messed up by the void somehow.

Personally, while I thought it was weird at first, where the Lotus saw herself as our 'Mother', then when I remember how the Tenno were created, it made a lot of sense. As we know, the Tenno are made on Zariman. So that is what we are, some lost and controlled 'Children of Zariman', and the Lotus is now our surrogate 'Mother'. I can see why see has seen herself as such, as that we, like her, us Tenno were simply for one reason or another are tools for the Orokin. The Sentients are made as expendable terraforming machines, while we Tenno, are weapons against the Sentients.

Edited by YashiroSora

I don't really know was I confused or like "Called it" but... On my part.

"Time... Is the greatest god of a sniper... *Gives Lotus extremely old pocket watch* Only you know... When you can say something what you wanted to keep hidden" *Picks up Assault Rifle* "We will see each other soon Lotus" Pyefa 'Pilot' Genda.

Brother! Always nice to agree with a loyalist!

I jokingly call them heretics because it's funny to me. But still, the Lotus has shown no sign to hurt me, so why should I hurt her? Why should I kill her when she has rescued me from death, twice?

Still really like and support the Arbiters of Hexis though

Edited by Tengu147

Well, I have to say I never expected this twist, going to have to do the quest myself to see everything.

On another note..............hoooh boy did DE really have to add the "infertility" bit, I've been on the internet long enough to know where the fans will go with this lol does this mean the Sentients aren't completely inorganic? 

Well, I have to say I never expected this twist, going to have to do the quest myself to see everything.

On another note..............hoooh boy did DE really have to add the "infertility" bit, I've been on the internet long enough to know where the fans will go with this lol does this mean the Sentients aren't completely inorganic? 

Well that opened whole new positio..... i mean possibilities... yeah uummm.....

and it will lead us to a horrible place *wink*

The Orokin seems more and more likely to be the antagonist here. The Orokin could possibly be absolutely power hungry and hell bent on conquering Solar Systems, all of them, breaching into other galaxies, and expand their Empire. To add, they were godly in terms of technological advances, which makes them extremely good at conquering any species that are lesser to theirs.

For Example, IIRC, the codex of the Lancer tells about an enslaved Proto-Grineer. The Orokin probably created the Grineer, as slaves, to mine resources, and carry the burden on constructing Orokin buildings, techs, etc.

The Proto-Corpus were possibly a lesser species that The Orokin had probably invaded, prompted them into researchers, lab rats, managing the horrendous science that would eventually become their destroyers, liberators, the Sentients.

Now onto the Sentients, they are an amazing breed, capable of adapting and evolving under any circumstances. The theory is that the Orokin wanted to expand their Empire, even further, to parts of the dark space unknown. But they were scared to send their own kind, fearing the unknown. So, this is where the Sentients comes in. And we all know what happened, they gained Sentience, and realized, "Omg we're not doing this stupid crap, REBEL!" or possibly other reasons.

Lastly, the Lotus, I fully trust her intention and nature as a "Mother" to the Tenno. The Tenno were once childrens, stripped off their families, sent into the dangerous realm of the Void. When they returned, they were tortured, trained as the ultimate soldiers they are, their mind broken, only to obey. The Lotus saw that in the Tenno, she saw that the Tenno, were just "lost" children. She sympathized the, and couldn't bring herself to kill these tortured souls. So, she did what she had to do, killed "Natah", and reborn as the Lotus we know as she is.

Just my 2 cents.

Tenno aren't actually Lotus' children. She adopted us because she can't have children herself. So no, tenno aren't sentient. Our powers come from being messed up by the void somehow.

Yes Teshin says that Natah wanted children of her own but no where does it say she couldn't create her own. Yes it does say our powers came from the void but we have nothing to show what happend while we were in there.

fos2cSV.jpg

I believe it's due to the whole one mind amongst sentiants. Although sentiants can extend this mind to others it is not their own, the mind belongs to the first and children (sentiants) all belong to the mind. So if Lotus was to seperate from this one mind (as it appears she did) and start her own with the tenno she would technically have children of her own in sentiant terms.

Edited by Postal_pat

]

Can you confirm any of that? Yes Teshin says that Natah wanted children of her own but no where does it say she couldn't create her own. Yes it does say our powers came from the void but we have nothing to show what happend while we were in there.

Well, aside form the statement that "the Tenno aren't Sentients" that's all pretty much outright said in the new quest.